• Tweets

• I have just read the smaller print on their signs. It says that you can pay at the end of your parking session. given that you have ten minutes grace period the 35 seconds could easily have been taken up with walking back to your car, switching on the engine and then driving out. Even in my younger days when I used to regularly exceed speed limits, I doubt I could have done that in 35 seconds even when I  had a TR5.
    • Makers of insect-based animal feed hope to be able to compete with soybeans on price.View the full article
    • Thank you for posting up the results from the sar. The PCN is not compliant with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4. Under Section 9 [2][a] they are supposed to specify the parking time. the photographs show your car in motion both entering and leaving the car park thus not parking. If you have to do a Witness Statement later should they finally take you to Court you will have to continue to state that even though you stayed there for several hours in a small car park and the difference between the ANPR times and the actual parking period may only be a matter of a few minutes  nevertheless the CEL have failed to comply with the Act by failing to specify the parking period. However it looks as if your appeal revealed you were the driver the deficient PCN will not help you as the driver. I suspect that it may have been an appeal from the pub that meant that CEL offered you partly a way out  by allowing you to claim you had made an error in registering your vehicle reg. number . This enabled them to reduce the charge to £20 despite them acknowledging that you hadn't registered at all. We have not seen the signs in the car park yet so we do not what is said on them and all the signs say the same thing. It would be unusual for a pub to have  a Permit Holders Only sign which may discourage casual motorists from stopping there. But if that is the sign then as it prohibits any one who doesn't have a permit, then it cannot form a contract with motorists though it may depend on how the signs are worded.
    • Defence and Counterclaim Claim number XXX Claimant Civil Enforcement Limited Defendant XXXXXXXXXXXXX   How much of the claim do you dispute? I dispute the full amount claimed as shown on the claim form.   Do you dispute this claim because you have already paid it? No, for other reasons.   Defence 1. The Defendant is the recorded keeper of XXXXXXX  2. It is denied that the Defendant entered into a contract with the Claimant. 3. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was simply contracted by the landowner to provide car-park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. Accordingly, it is denied that the Claimant has authority to bring this claim. 4. In any case it is denied that the Defendant broke the terms of a contract with the Claimant. 5. The Claimant is attempting double recovery by adding an additional sum not included in the original offer. 6. In a further abuse of the legal process the Claimant is claiming £50 legal representative's costs, even though they have no legal representative. 7. The Particulars of Claim is denied in its entirety. It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief at all. Signed I am the Defendant - I believe that the facts stated in this form are true XXXXXXXXXXX 01/05/2024   Defendant's date of birth XXXXXXXXXX   Address to which notices about this claim can be sent to you  
    • pop up on the bulk court website detailed on the claimform. [if it is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time] . When you select ‘Register’, you will be taken to a screen titled ‘Sign in using Government Gateway’.  Choose ‘Create sign in details’ to register for the first time.  You will be asked to provide your name, email address, set a password and a memorable recovery word. You will be emailed your Government Gateway 12-digit User ID.  You should make a note of your memorable word, or password as these are not included in the email.<<**IMPORTANT**  then log in to the bulk court Website .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform . defend all leave jurisdiction unticked  you DO NOT file a defence at this time [BUT you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 ] click thru to the end confirm and exit the website .get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?486334-CPR-31.14-Request-to-use-on-receipt-of-a-PPC-(-Private-Land-Parking-Court-Claim type your name ONLY no need to sign anything .you DO NOT await the return of paperwork. you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

CAG CRA S.A.R Club

sosumi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4168 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We're just doing the same Cashins. For the Natwest Accounts we're using this address:

The Data Controller

Natwest Bank PLC

135 Bishopsgate

London

EC2M 3UR

Don't know about RBS. This is the main Natwest address I think, and we've enclosed our complaint, plus CCA request, plus SAR (and respective fees) on the same account all in the one letter. SEnding it Special Delivery (Signed For). :)

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Very quick S.A.R. question.

I want information regarding a-

NatWest Bank Account (closed)

A Natwest Credit Card Account (in default)

Royal Bank of Scotland.

Who do I need to S.A.R. to cover all the bases?

regards

David

They are 2 separate data controllers, so it's 2 requests - you can use the Information Commissioners Office Search tool to get the address to send it to;

Information Commissioners - Data Protection Public Register

That was quick, thanks Sosumi!

I would think if I detail the two accounts that should pull up what I need.

As they have had input into the Credit Card situation I will need RBS as well. Any Ideas on RBS anyone (and whats the situation re The Law, I think they are in Scotland)?

David

That was quick, thanks Sosumi!

I would think if I detail the two accounts that should pull up what I need.

As they have had input into the Credit Card situation I will need RBS as well. Any Ideas on RBS anyone (and whats the situation re The Law, I think they are in Scotland)?

David

I've answered this question above - look here;

Information Commissioners - Data Protection Register - Entry Details

200 JOBS TO GO AT EXPERIAN

(Nottingham Evening Post)

AT least 200 jobs are to go at Nottingham business information group Experian.

The company, which employs 2,400 in the city, said the jobs would be lost from the IT section of its information solutions division. The division writes programmes for Experian's product development programme, but this is now being transferred to Perot Systems in Bangalore in India.

The job losses are the most significant since the company was founded in Nottingham more than 25 years ago, and are aimed at saving £40m a year. A spokesman said it was seeking voluntary redundancies, but compulsory job losses were not ruled out. Staff will receive pay in lieu of notice plus statutory redundancy pay.

Experian also announced a voluntary redundancy programme for senior managers.

The company, which blamed the jobs losses partly on the credit crunch hitting banks, said the restructuring would help it develop new products more quickly.

Chief financial officer Paul Brooks said Nottingham will remain its most important centre. He said: "We are investing and although we are looking to make the business more efficient, we are also continuing to invest for future growth. All areas of the business are being affected by the credit crunch. We need to make sure our cost base is efficient, particularly in more challenging times."

* For the full story: See today's Post late edition

Also see the comments that people are leaving.

Do they not have to have our expressed permkission to send data abroad (especially outside EU) Does anyone know the legislation regarding this processing abroad?

They give m****y*s

untill and unless all those affected by them holding incorrect data issue them a claim in the Nottingham county court they are just going to play the cat and mouse game.

These people will be on BBC2 working lunch this Friday answering people concerns about credit rating etc. BB2 working lunch wants people to contact with questions to asked these people. :mad:

I note experian shares have fallen to day - now altogether...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

BBC NEWS | Programmes | Working Lunch | Send us your views and comments

There are a lot of angry people commenting on the Evening Post article.

Here's a couple:

I worked for Experian for over 8 years and left of my own accord earlier this year because it was obvious there was going to be redundancies (there have been over 1,000 in the last 2 years). Experian formerly CCN was origanally owned by an American Co. before GUS took them on board and they did very well but now they are again owned by an American Co. it has taken less than 18months for them to ruin it. By the way this is not the only department to have been outsourced, rumour has it the next to go is the Technical side.ex Experian employee, Derbyshire

Experian hold highly sensitive personal and confidential financial data on millions people in Britain. Isn't this subject to EU laws? Are Experian supposed to enable Indian off-shore resources to access this confidential data? What about the data protection act? How can we be confident that Experian can protect our data? (especially as HMRC have failed to do so).David, nottingham

- I should add that I'm sorry for the people who are losing their jobs. Redundancy is never nice and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Experian is now a huge business in Nottingham. They have offices in at least 7 locations around the city. I'll go back over this thread when I can and list the many businesses they currently operate - every one of them, I think, is involved in selling data. Only one is touted as a 'Consumer Service', but that's the tip of the iceberg. And of course it isn't really a consumer service. It isn't a 'charity' - although oddly it was right at the top of a Google search for 'debt charity' just a few months ago.

Nor is it a Government body. It is a business.

I mentioned 'Autotrace' a while back - why should they need a clause in their Terms and Conditions, requiring the 'user' ('Tracing Company'??) never to reveal that they (Experian) were the ones selling the data?

Experian formerly CCN was origanally owned by an American Co. before GUS took them on board and they did very well but now they are again owned by an American Co. it has taken less than 18months for them to ruin it.
  • Haha 1

Experian, (UK) Interim Management Statement issue 16 Jan 2008. 3rd Qtr trading UK, taking out aquisitions, is flat. transaction income (searches) is 10% down, but proped up by business and Local Goverment input. General tone of the statement is, the outlook for core business is not good but will be offset by increases from marketing operations and rationalisation.

Found the report on www.hemscott.co/news

David

PS Looks like the French operation is for the chop too.

It strikes me that the MOD are more concerned that no-one can access Ebay on their computers than with ensuring the safety of data.

That said, it's difficult to legislate against the stupidity of individuals who leave laptops in cars...

I can give another example of how lax official bodies can be. I'm involved with running an organisation that has a web domain. We regularly (i.e. several times a week) receive emails from local authority social services, intended for another organisation but with the email address mis-spelt. Many of these emails contain details, including photographs, of vulnerable children. The potential for problems is obvious.

Our normal practice is to reply to the sender pointing out the error, and asking them to take more care. Where the same people keep doing it, we contact their bosses. The responses range from 'what's your problem, it's just an error', to 'we take this seriously and will deal with it' - followed by it happening again. It seems that data protection is simply not taken seriously enough.

It strikes me that the MOD are more concerned that no-one can access Ebay on their computers than with ensuring the safety of data.

That said, it's difficult to legislate against the stupidity of individuals who leave laptops in cars...

I can give another example of how lax official bodies can be. I'm involved with running an organisation that has a web domain. We regularly (i.e. several times a week) receive emails from local authority social services, intended for another organisation but with the email address mis-spelt. Many of these emails contain details, including photographs, of vulnerable children. The potential for problems is obvious.

Our normal practice is to reply to the sender pointing out the error, and asking them to take more care. Where the same people keep doing it, we contact their bosses. The responses range from 'what's your problem, it's just an error', to 'we take this seriously and will deal with it' - followed by it happening again. It seems that data protection is simply not taken seriously enough.

It's damned disgrace, but it's generally because people feel this info is always someone elses... it's only when it happens to them or people like the Director of Barclays they begin to think about it seriously. Just like Public Money and Councils and Government always easy to spend when it belongs to some one else.

Legal & Trade - Capital Bank CCA 4th May - 16th May due

Is this the oldest CRF delinquency?

1899. 30th December 1899, one of my accounts became 'Delinquent'. :D

I know I could email and correct them, but I don't really want to. I think it might be fun to leave it.

It's been there for 109 years;):D

One thing that I've noticed recently, which is slightly off-topic, (but I'm bringing it up anyway!) is the amount of information needed to start using websites such as ebay and Paypal!

I run a "mini-business", which I won't go in to now, but when upgrading my Paypal account to a Business account so I can accept Credit Card payments, they wanted this little lot from me;

• Name
  • Postal address, which is fully verified
  • Telephon number, which is fully verified
  • Every email address I intend to use with the account
  • Business type (individual)
  • Account holder date of birth
  • Average Transaction Price
  • Average Monthly Volume
  • Sales Venue (how do I make money and which sites do I use to do it)
  • Bank details, which is verified with a small deposit
  • Credit card details, which is also verified

I can imagine the damage all that little lot can do if it goes missing!

I bet the CRA's would pay good money to see it, too!

Anyone else concerned about this, especially as Paypal isn't a "UK-based" company?;

PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. & Cie, S.C.A is duly licenced as a Luxembourg credit institution in the sense of Article 2 of the law of 5 April 1993 on the financial sector as amended and is under the prudential supervision of the Luxembourg supervisory authority, the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier, with registered office in L-1150 Luxembourg. Since the service is limited to E-money, which does not qualify as a deposit or an investment service in the sense of the Law, customers of PayPal are not protected by the Luxembourg deposit guarantee schemes provided by the Association pour la Garantie des Dépôts Luxembourg (AGDL)

Mosaic (an Experian product) looks to be very popular with 'business'. This is the 'Corporate side' of Credit Reference Agencies. These are the things we're not supposed to see.

You can download the PDF brochure here:

CCR Data

- Here's a quote from it:

How is Mosaic built?

Over the last 20 years, Experian has built

over 40 segmentation solutions worldwide.

This gives us a unique insight into the best

sources of data and methodologies to build

truly innovative segmentation.

To build Mosaic UK, we took a

four-stage approach:

• A detailed analysis of societal trends in the

United Kingdom.

• Identification of the most appropriate data

sources as inputs.

• A sophisticated proprietary approach to

clustering, unique to Experian.

• Extensive fieldwork and market research

to assist in validation and interpretation of

the segmentation.

Data Components

Quantitative Data

As the UK’s largest originators and owners

of consumer data, we are in an unrivalled

position to draw upon the best mix of data

to develop and maintain our segmentation.

A total of 400 data variables have been used

to build Mosaic. These have been selected as

inputs to the classification on the basis of their

volume, quality, consistency and sustainability.

To be input into the classification,

the data must meet one or more of the

following criteria:

• Allows identification and description of

consumer segments that are not necessarily

distinguished solely by the use of

Census data.

• Ensures accuracy of the Mosaic code by

either household address or postcode.

• Is updated annually to ensure change

is monitored.

• Improves discrimination and allows for

the identification of a wide range of

consumer behaviours.

54 per cent of the data used to build

Mosaic is sourced from the 2001 Census.

The remaining 46 per cent is derived from

our Consumer Segmentation Database,

which provides coverage of all of the UK’s

46 million adult residents and 23 million

households. It includes the edited Electoral

Roll, Experian Lifestyle Survey information,

and Consumer Credit Activity, alongside the

Post Office Address File, Shareholders Register,

House Price and Council Tax information and

ONS local area statistics.

All of this information is updated annually and

used to replenish our view of the classification

each year.

Qualitative Research

A programme of fieldwork and observational

research covering the whole of the UK

supports Experian’s quantitative data.

This validates the accuracy of Mosaic on

the ground, and allows us to build a rich

picture of the socio-cultural diversity of the

nation’s neighbourhoods.

We employ a number of the UK’s leading

experts in the fields of consumer psychology,

human geography and economics to interpret

the classification and provide a detailed

understanding of the behaviour of each of

the Mosaic types.

The research also includes links to a number

of authoritative sources of media and market

research, which build on our understanding of

UK consumers. These include BMRB’s Target

Group Index (TGI), the British Crime Survey,

MORI’s Financial Research, Family Expenditure

Survey (FES), Forrester’s Technographics

and Internet User Monitor, and Experian

Lifestyle

Anybody notice?:

54 per cent of the data used to build

Mosaic is sourced from the 2001 Census.

The remaining 46 per cent is derived from

our Consumer Segmentation Database,

which provides coverage of all of the UK’s

46 million adult residents and 23 million

households. It includes the edited Electoral

Roll, Experian Lifestyle Survey information,

and Consumer Credit Activity, alongside the

Post Office Address File, Shareholders Register,

House Price and Council Tax information and

ONS local area statistics.

All of this information is updated annually and

used to replenish our view of the classification

each year.

As far as I am aware the credit agreement/application we sign only states the info about how your account is handled etc can be shared with credit reference agencies. When did I sign permission for them to pass that info on to anyone else? If you SAR them and found out your info had been "sold on" so to speak could you report them to the DPA and instuct the CRA to cease passing the info on? If enough people did this could we screw the CRA profits ha ha

ali x

Btw I am no expert just give notes based on what I have read on here and other forums/sites, plus my own experiences and investigations.

All ccj's now dropped off file, 2 yrs to go to clear file.

All old debts either settled or made unenforcable.

RBS MPP-Full offer at 8 wks from first complaint

RBS Overdraft loanguard-full offer at 8 wks from complaint

Citicard ppi-with FOS finally paid 8 months after offer through FOS!

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

aqua x2 ppi-partialled settled still pushing for the rest

Black horse ppi-offers made and accepted except for one early loan they say no info held-still pushing for payment