CAG CRA S.A.R Club

sosumi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4165 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will wait until I received the amended report from Equifax as they duplicated entries and when I drew this to their attention last week they said that they would send me out a new report. I was also told that a trace would only last one year and on my report one trace was on there over a year. I just do not believe them when they say everything drops off after 6 years as Equifax report clearly not correct. if I had not done a CRA check then I would never have know about these entries and it would have ended up on my file for god know how long.

Who are these people that are suppose to be looking after our data - it all seems very dangerous to me.:rolleyes:

I just do not believe them when they say everything drops off after 6 years as Equifax report clearly not correct.

I think you'll find the CRA's don't say the old data 'drops off'. In truth it will be date-barred and it is their IT system that permits what entries to display. For argument's sake, lets assume the ICO decides after intense lobbying that credit data should be available for a longer period than at present (say 10 years instead of 6 - and lets remember the 6 years isn't enshrined anywhere as a fixed period of any sort). At a stroke, all 10 years of your existing data will magically appear on your file. Data is worth a lot of money, and the CRA's and going to let anything 'drop off' if they can possibly make a buck out of it.

Buzby - I agree with what you say they will keep as much as possible on their files if they are going to make a buck out of it.

I feel that all this data about people which affects peoples lives should be control by the government and not keep to make a profit from. Does this mean that date can be kept on CRA files forever?:|

Forgot to mention that I have just heard on the bbc news that Experian has lot 11% off their share due to what is happening in America. I feel sooooooooo sorry for them as this poor people should not be feeling the crunch!!!!!

Also, does if also mean now that Barclays Bank has lost over 1 billion due to the Credit crunch in America, will they go chasing us peoples now with mortgages, loans credit cards, if they should get in arrears though no fault of their own, so that Barclay can make up their losses????????????:?

Actually, I don't trust the government with it either. Their PPP would ensure they'd sell the right to store the data to a 'carefully selected' and approved supplier. Yes right! I'd trust my family with my data, but no-one else! :)

Well I never did! Has anyone seen the latest figures from the Credit Services Association?

CSA POSTS LATEST PREDICTIONS ON DEBT

CSA POSTS LATEST PREDICTIONS ON DEBT

Date: 13-11-2007

The Credit Services Association (CSA), the voice of the debt collection industry, has posted its preliminary predictions for 2007/8 for the amounts passed to its members for collection.

The CSA believes that the figure for the total passed for collection will rise to c£22.7 billion by the end of 2007, and that this figure will increase to between £23.9bn - £24.3bn by the end of 2008, although it warns the real figures may be higher still.

Work from independent consultants suggest that growth in debt sales over the next three to four years is likely to increase by 20%+ per annumbased on the fact that the debt mountain may be reaching its peak: consumers are tightening their belts against the background of a credit squeeze and access to credit is becoming increasingly difficult as lenders tighten their lending scorecards.

The speed of the ‘new’ debt is also going to be increasing. Over-indebtedness will be accelerated by more fixed-rate mortgages becoming variable at higher rates and access to new credit becoming harder.

The rise in the LIBOR, and the fact that most UK lenders have still not announced losses that may be linked to the US sub prime exposure, could also exacerbate the situation.

Total debt passed for collection:

September 00 £5.2 billion

September 03 £8.6 billion

September 06 £21 billion (this figure comprises £15 billion ‘traditional’ underlying debt and £6 billion of

debt sale*)

* The rate of growth in the underlying debt worked by the industry will in future be made up of ‘new’ debt coming in for collection as well as some of the ‘worked’ debt coming out.

Gone up quite a bit then hasn't it?:rolleyes:

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

How much of that is unenforceable?

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Experian Prospect Locator

Experian is looking like a goldmine for enterprising Debt Collection Agencies.

Have a click through the tabs on that webpage and you'll see the wealth of information they offer on every citizen in the UK.

Now who's to say that my theoretical company couldn't buy the data?

I don't think I'd need a credit license.

I also bet that theses people who have made the cock-up at the Banks will get big bonuses and maybe get a large golden handshake as well, they will not have to worry about door steppers turning up and harassing them. The poor people who have had no choice but to take out a mortgage, loan to get a roof over their head will be thrown out of their home and maybe left empty and be vandalised and bank would prefer that to happened to peoples home rather than letting the owners live in them – that is what has/is happening in America and it will follow here as well. :Cry:

From Telegraph here:

Experian receives credit reality check

By Philip Aldrick

Last Updated: 12:44am GMT 16/11/2007

Credit checking group Experian has become the latest victim of the liquidity crunch after warning that organic sales growth will slow due to the turmoil in world financial markets.

The shares tumbled 44 to 430½p after chief executive Don Robert said: "We will be growing at a slower rate than hoped... the second half is likely to be slower than the second quarter, which posted 5pc organic growth."

Experian had guided the market to expect sustainable "mid-to-high single digit" performance.

advertisement

However, Mr Robert said that the group's problems "came on us rather quickly" in late August as banks started to rein in their discretionary spending as the turmoil "caused everyone to be cautious".

More than half Experian's revenues come from financial institutions who use its credit checking services when chasing new credit card or loan customers.

Mr Robert insisted the business will pick up again once the liquidity crisis is fully digested, though he would not put a timescale on this.

"We do know that these institutions cannot stop attracting new customers and they need us for that," he said.

The revelation came as Experian posted a 140pc increase in first-half profits to $285m pre-tax. Total sales rose 16pc to $1.95bn, but the figure was boosted by acquisitions.

Organic sales growth was 6pc, down from 7pc in the first quarter and 8pc in its previous financial year. Mr Robert said Experian will still meet its full-year forecasts.

Experian was helped by strong acquisition spend in the first half, which totalled $1.7bn – including $1.25bn for a majority stake in Brazil-based Seresa.

Finance director Paul Brooks said he would "expect a quieter second half" as debts have reached $3bn.

Experian, whose shares have slumped since demerging from retailer GUS at 562½p last October, will pay an interim dividend of 6.5 cents on February 1.

More than half Experian's revenues come from financial institutions who use its credit checking services when chasing new credit card or loan customers.

Mr Robert insisted the business will pick up again once the liquidity crisis is fully digested, though he would not put a timescale on this.

"We do know that these institutions cannot stop attracting new customers and they need us for that," he said.

Use its credit checking services when chasing new credit card or loan customers.

Credit checking services used to chase new customers?

This isn't saying someone who's checking the credit file of an applicant for a credit card or loan, is it? It's saying 'chasing new customers' - ie. trying to get new customers!

In other words, more than half the revenue comes from businesses interested in the information they provide, to find new customers. Which means using Experian's 'marketing expertise' and 'uparallelled access' to data on UK citizens. Look at that sentence, "We do know that these institutions cannot stop attracting new customers and they need us for that... "

Does any of this balance in any way with the apparent offer of a 'free credit check'?

They are information brokers, and there's a hell of a lot of stuff going on under the surface.:evil:

Use its credit checking services when chasing new credit card or loan customers.

Credit checking services used to chase new customers?

I don't think there's any way you could interpret that as consensual processing. Might be worth referring a complaint to the ICO?

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941

Dam - I miss that, I am having so much trouble with Equifax regarding my data, they have been duplicating entries on my report which I am contacted them about also they are leaving data on my file that should have fallen off as confirmed by them but it is still on my file. This organisation has such gall it is beyond belief.

I missed it too A1. Will see if they're showing it online.

Allwood - top stuff about Equifax, saw your earlier posts. Just sorry they can cause so much distress and not apparently give a flying fig about the actual people the credit records are about! :evil:

The 'trace' from BCW we both had on Equifax is so going to be chased up by us. It's part of a much bigger TSB thing.

But tomorrow it's DLC... We're going to ring the Land Registry for an appointment, taking the letter DLC sent me. I don't think the Land Registry are in any way involved the way CRAs are, but I'd like to see if a 'successful application' by DLC (which sounds very official) was actually recorded anywhere on our Land Registry record.

Things for us are at a snail's pace at the minute, as we're both under the weather. But we'll catch up soon! :)