CAG CRA S.A.R Club

sosumi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4165 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Equifax SAR received today :) Hillesden (bless them) 'updated my default' 6th August 2007... deep deep doop! :)

And yes, the 'BCW Group' 'Trace is there - the day they received my CCA request, 11th June 2007. Can't see any other mention of them - or explanation either. Well never mind, I'll work it out and hand it to the statutory bodies as required.

Hubby still hasn't received his Credit File from Experian. No response to his request for Complaints Procedure/Complaints Form either. But they're cashing the cheques. Somebody's £4 better off now. So that'll be an SAR to Experian from hubby as well I think. Although, if they're cashing the cheques, I wonder whether we should just approach the Authorities?

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This might be the thread here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/111919-debt-collection-agency-year.html

It's funny how often the same names reappear.

I'm convinced CCCS and Payplan are part of the information gathering process, knowingly or otherwise. It's not a comfortable subject.

Payplan & CCCS are funded by banks etc to the tune of £14 million a year., The mouthpiece of the banks , the british bankers assoc are also funded by the banks. .... makes you wonder....He who pays the piper calls the tune!

Below, This makes interesting reading as it explains how "revenue sharing" works with Payplan

www.debtfreedirect.co.uk/images/downloads/NewIncomeStream100107.doc

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]....Please don't bother my master 'cos my sister & I might bite you...

I DO NOT offer legal advice

-

"I just say what I say because everyone is entitled to my opinion!"

They don't make it easy! Dates back to front, all kinds of codes without proper explanations - it's like translating a foreign language!

... and I was thinking this morning how well-presented the Equifax SAR is, in comparison to the other I've received. Well-bound, you know?

So I didn't pay it a lot of attention earlier - other things on my mind - but, looking now, there are 20 pages of information on 'marketing' again!!

And when you look at what's there, it's unbelieveable!! Even Ian Fleming couldn't make this up. It goes way beyond James Bond! I'll post this and then try to scan the first page, so you can see.

Hope this will give a 'taste' of what follows...

Because what follows on is 15 + pages of data, showing what looks like 'translated' details of my Credit Report, with all the account numbers on them!

I looked up C.I.S. Marketing Solutions on the Web and guess what? Another 'information processor' company:

Corporate Image Solutions

Please somebody tell me if I've got this wrong, but doesn't that mean they gave all my personal data to this company?

A1 - read your post below, I can't read it either! Will re-scan and post up later :)

Difficult to read sosumi, can't enlarge the page..but what you say reminds me of the Registry Trust scenario selling ccj info to the Money brokers who then pass it out although what the Registry Trust info comprises of is in the public domain of course. Still unsavoury.

But is it in the 'public domain'? This information used to be freely available, along with other lists of public record (like the Land Registry, or Births Marriages or Deaths). Now it seems, you have to PAY someone to see this information (so it it 'public'?) I think this is another case of back-door privatisation.

But is it in the 'public domain'? This information used to be freely available, along with other lists of public record (like the Land Registry, or Births Marriages or Deaths). Now it seems, you have to PAY someone to see this information (so it it 'public'?) I think this is another case of back-door privatisation.

THAT, is a very pertinent point Buzby, very pertinent..

If anyone's in any doubt about the reasoning behind requesting an S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) from a Credit Reference Agency, please read today's (my) post on this thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/106969-dlc-big-problem-long.html

If requesting a CCA from Debt Collection Agencies starts to expose how rarely they have legal justification to collect, requesting an SAR from them exposes them (DCAs) much more. So, £1 for CCA, £10 for SAR from DCAs/Creditors.

THEN a further £10 SAR request to the Credit Reference Agencies reveals much, much more.

If you pay £2 for your Credit Report, you're provided with a 'limited Subject Access Request'. If you request a monthly subscription service to a CRA, they are still providing the 'limited' information, but 'updating' you. You're paying out, and it seems more than likely that you're also 'updating' them... and other 'businesses'. Credit Reference Agencies are not Government Bodies, they're information-gathering companies.

SAR them, and you'll see. ;)

I wish it did Allwood - it may be possible to work it out, but I can't see it yet. I know the Equifax SAR helped me pinpoint the old account I had with Citi - with the application form Citi sent yesterday, and the copy of it sent by Hillesden today - which they called an agreement! - I was able to check through all the data I've now got and pinpoint the account that was settled in 2002 - which is the one they sent me the old application form for! :D I wouldn't have been able to do that without the Equifax SAR, as it showed the account numbers - so between the two I'd say Equifax was more illuminating than Experian. Experian is actually more disturbing, because I've an uneasy feeling about them anyway. That plus the fact that they've cashed 2 of hubby's £2 cheques now and still haven't provided his printed credit report - or even a complaint form!

The next step will be to SAR CallCredit. And chase up the Land Registry.

I'll be writing to Trading Standards tomorrow about Hillesden, and will look again at the SARs from Experian and Equifax. They're illuminating, but not in a straightforward way. Wish they were. :rolleyes:

Sosumi - you can check the land registry online for £3 - you should get all information on your property on the office copy entries you do not need to get the map which would cost you a further £3 as it will only show a map where your property is on and nothing else. The office copy entry should give details of any changes on your property and who put them there. :o

Land Register Online

I already got our property details from Land Registry Online Allwood... What's bothering me is Hillesden's claim to have 'successfully applied' to search the Land Registry - as you say, it costs £3 so they certainly inflated the wording of their letter in that case. I'd actually like to see who has 'successfully' applied to 'search' our property. Our living here was never an issue and Hillesden know it - we've lived here nearly 25 years. So, apart from our own search and legal searches for mortgages, something like Hillesden's apparent 'successful application' would show up? Presumably, a 'successful application' to the Land Registry will have been recorded by the Land Registry. It's a long shot, but I feel it's very important to establish the truth. I did SAR the Land Registry, but they sent a decent letter back. I think I have to go and talk to them about this. I should be able to go to the local office - new job for tomorrow.

Just come across this - click on 'Janet's Eye' (it's a Shockwave Flash thingy):

The agencies looking at you | Special reports | Guardian Unlimited

Hi Sosumi

Yesterday we discovered some defaults on hubby file that have been incorrectly register. They should go with his bankcruptcy date but 1 was registered 2 years later. Because we thought it was to do with his mortgage account which was taken over by his ex f-i-l we looked on the land registry site.

The first search I did I made a mistake with the address and for £3 was able to download the registry report to another property and then did a second one for the correct address.

They have our details but it does not say that this search will be recorded, so I think they are classed as public records for anyone to access.

Hi Midge and Allwood, it will make no difference to me whether they're recorded or not I agree. I don't think private records should be publicly accessible as easily as they are - but honestly, that isn't what bothers me. I don't have any kind of argument with the Land Registry, but Hillesden Securities wrote me a letter earlier this year that implied my address had changed, when it had not (and they knew it, I have their records confirming my address from their first contact with me.) They also worded their letter in such a way as to intimidate. The first of my posts in this thread explains:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/106969-dlc-big-problem-long.html

If they did a search and it only actually cost them £3, then they magnified this 'successful application' in their letter to intimidate me. If they didn't make the 'successful application' then the whole purpose of their letter was to mislead and intimidate. They knew that I suffer from depression - again it's on record that Payplan told them. If I find out - if their 'application' was as official as they made it sound - there will be trouble. If they didn't make such an application - there will be trouble. Their letter left me feeling violated. They were seeking either to threaten, or to place a charge on our house - one or the other. Either is just as bad.

I believe that there is an issue with the Land Registry - as your post demonstrates. But right now, personally, I just need some answers.

PS Midge - mistakes like the one you describe will happen. :) xx

I suppose there's another way of looking at it too... Presumably I could could search Land Registry for the details of any property purporting to be owned by any Debt Collection Agency. Or Credit Reference Agency, even. Or Credit Card Company. Limitless - probably pointless and a waste of three pounds, but in theory the option must be there?:)

They did with me:mad: I was too ill to challenge at the time but I definitely did not sign anything:mad:

I'd turn the air blue if I said what I want to BO - bright blue and red as well. Their day will come - sooner rather than later, I hope. xx

Hi Midge and Allwood, it will make no difference to me whether they're recorded or not I agree. I don't think private records should be publicly accessible as easily as they are - but honestly, that isn't what bothers me. I don't have any kind of argument with the Land Registry, but Hillesden Securities wrote me a letter earlier this year that implied my address had changed, when it had not (and they knew it, I have their records confirming my address from their first contact with me.) They also worded their letter in such a way as to intimidate. The first of my posts in this thread explains:

If they did a search and it only actually cost them £3, then they magnified this 'successful application' in their letter to intimidate me. If they didn't make the 'successful application' then the whole purpose of their letter was to mislead and intimidate. They knew that I suffer from depression - again it's on record that Payplan told them. If I find out - if their 'application' was as official as they made it sound - there will be trouble. If they didn't make such an application - there will be trouble. Their letter left me feeling violated. They were seeking either to threaten, or to place a charge on our house - one or the other. Either is just as bad.

I believe that there is an issue with the Land Registry - as your post demonstrates. But right now, personally, I just need some answers.

Hiya, There are a lot of companies out there who will do a Land Registry search on your property. (Cabots, Link Financial are two that I am aware of who do this).

The Land Registry search will show the company - WHO has a financial interest in property = who holds the mortgages and who the mortgages are with and what companies loans are with etc.. secured on the home.

It shows the year property was purchased, additional lendings taken against the home involved etc..

This is a VERY USEFUL tool for any of these DCA's to look at as it will indicate to them what EQUITY you have in home etc..

All these companies need to do is a simple sum as in

Original mortgage + any secured borrowings = EQUITY remaining in home.

There are price tracker tools on the internet that any of us can find where we can all hazard a "rough guess" at todays market value of a home by using any of dozens of sites where we can put in the postcode and look up similar homes for sale or been sold recently?

These companies can take an educated guess as to whether the person owing a debt has enough EQUITY in home to do a quicky secured loan to pay off debts if bullied enough? If they push anyone hard enough they'd go get a quicky loan and get rid of debts etc.. as we don't like being bullied and harrassed by these DCA's?

From the Land Registry result they know whether a person is worth harrassing or not? None of us want charges to our homes or CCJ's etc.. so often the scenario is that once threatened we will jump through hoops to settle debts and be rid of the DCA's?

It's not always that they will try to get a charge on a property - although I don't rule out that they'd try for this - I am sure the Land Registry is primarily a tool allowing these DCA's to do their sums and see whether to crank up their harrassment programmes for us?

For £3 the DCA does get an awful lot of information about us our home, when we bought it, who we share our mortgage with (partners) who we got mortgage with, who we got secured loans with etc.. - they can track what home is worth TODAY clearly showing whether we can pay with the EQUITY in home etc.. = £3 well spent?

You see then as we know many companies selling on our data etc.. so then the company knows whether to try tempt us with loans etc.. or whether we in deep Pooh - would be better with IVA, DMP's etc.. they know how to target us from their Land Registry findings?

This is just my thoughts on WHY they do the Land Registry search - it kind of makes sense to me that it's the best £3 any DCA can spend to get a lot of important info about us in one shot.

Good post Elizabeth1, This is one of the reasons I believe the Land registry should be challenged about divulging monetary values on property. IT IS PRIVATE and nothing whatsoever to do with anyone else.

I have been going through the process of having my home on sale and I do not want neighbours to know, Why? - because the first question they ask - What price? Its like telling someone your salary - feck off it's got nothing to do with you or anyone else. So why is it so important for the Land Registry to provide Joe public with the price I either Paid for or Sell my house for? This is very wrong. Keep the statistcis, fine for general average property prices, but what I get for my house - my business and no one elses.

As for the Charge on a property, remember they can also put a ' Caution' on if the can demonstrate they have some kind of interest in your asset. It's dead easy to put on and hell to get off.

Don't forget signatures are on there too...

Online Mortgage Deeds 'Will Combat Fraud' From PublicServantDaily

Online mortgage deeds will 'combat fraud'

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Land Registry has denied that their online register leaves homeowners open to identity fraud.

The campaign group NO2ID has claimed that the Land Registry has not paid enough attention to e-security whilst placing mortgage deeds and leases available online.

NO2ID believe that they could reveal information which could be used to steal identities.

Currently, users can pay £3 to download a plan or register for a house they are buying. They can then see details of what land is included, ownership and the price paid, by entering the property's postcode into the search engine. One of the main concerns is, since the Land Registration Act 2002, mortgage deeds have been published online, including the homeowners' signatures.

In a statement the Land Registry insisted that an open register is quite normal, and many other countries have been doing it for years without incident.

Defending the system, they said: "[its] transparency is designed to combat fraud; no one can say they own a property that is registered to someone else.

"There is no evidence that fraud has resulted from the availability of this information from Land Registry. If we receive evidence of a security risk, Land Registry, in conjunction with the Ministry of Justice and the Home Office, will of course investigate."

A spokesperson for NO2ID said it was a "terrible shame" that public documents are not accessible in a "safe, consistent and well thought out way".

"Instead a blanket approach is being taken which means that potentially sensitive information could be made available for a paltry £3. In the future, as signatures are used less and less as a form of authentication, perhaps signatures will be less of a target for potential fraud, but we are certainly not there yet," the spokesperson said.

The Ministry of Justice said: "Government is keen to ensure that publicly available sources of information wherever possible disclose a minimum of personal identity details that could be used by fraudsters for illegal transactions or to assist in compiling details of personal information about individuals."

That still gives no right for MY information to be made available to every Tom Dick or Harry who wants it.

I get an email once a month of prices sent to me of houses within 500 yds of mine - always a good read about someone elses house, but buggered if they can have mine. :mad:

• Haha 1