• Tweets

• retailer said they'd speak to dpd on Tuesday. I don't want to screw the retailer because they were doing me a favour by fixing it for free  I hope dpd will refund them so they don't lose out. Will keep you guys posted. 
    • Well, we live on the same road so it should be the same postcode. When I spoke to dpd and asked why were my neighbours' address not on the list and she said maybe they're not of the same postcode and I checked and they definitely were. Not to mention, delivery instructions are supposed to override actual customer's address which is why they asked for instructions I thought.
    • again a quick google search states Appeal a DVLA fine - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) i would not be appealing mind. it's only a summary charge which they rarely do court on and pass out the powerless DCA's whom are not bailiffs they have 6mts. see where they go. as you've sorn'd it will probably be nulled. dx  
    • There are a number of reasons why you may not have been issued a notice in the post within 14 days. If you were stopped by the police it may have been given verbally. In the case of speeding offences, the police may issue you with a conditional offer of a fixed penalty of 3 points and £100.00 fine by post or an offer of a speed awareness course. If the offence is considered too serious for a speed awareness course or fixed penalty you may be charged with an offence which normally occurs by way of the issue of a Single Justice Procedure Notice. If the vehicle within which the alleged offence took place was registered to another person or company there is technically no need for a notice to be issued to the driver. After the police have obtained details of the nominated the driver, they will normally send the notice to them, although there are no time limits within which they must do so (provided that the notice was received within 14 days by the registered keeper of the vehicle). In such circumstances, a person may receive a notice several months after the alleged offence too place but still be prosecuted. A Guide to a Notice of Intended Prosecution | Motoring Offence Lawyers the above copy n paste link has purely been copy n pasted here to inform you of the regs, which you could have done yourself by, as this is, a google search......... we do not ever recommend using such offered webservices! dont dx    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

CAG CRA S.A.R Club

sosumi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4171 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Munroe said: "There are some risks in opting out of the Edited Electoral Roll. This is especially the case if consumers are planning to do more of their shopping online, as it is used by many companies for identity verification purposes in order to combat identity fraud. If an individual’s name is not on the Edited Electoral Roll they may have trouble shopping online or completing important identity verification processes, such as for money laundering checks, which are required by many organisations today."

So they will ignore business with 40% of the voting population? Let's face it, when people buy online they want it now. They are not going to put up with identity checks. They'll just go elsewhere. Someone will take the business.

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?

fantasy finds everything !!!

Thank you FC - is there a mod around who could make a stickey of this video film for readers to go view it at their leisure?

Whilst this film does look at the "extreme" in some cases where people are "maxed out" (up to their credit limits and over stretched with their finances and struggling to repay huge debts - this does still show the example of how many companies chose to cherry pick their customers from poorer backgrounds etc.. because it was far more profitable in the returns than their having customers who were able to stay within credit limits etc..

Maxed Out

Did anyone see Watchdog this evening, it was about data protection or lack of it. It also said that when we are on the Council electoral register this is sold to anyone that ask for it. Thousands of names and addresses are sold for for a couple of pounds and the council does not are what the names are being used for!!!

Apparently there is a box on the electoral register form that should be ticked if we do not want our names to be sold on, which was news to me as I did not know anything about it. I will certainly be ticking that box off the next time I get a form again. We do not have a chance nowadays :mad:

Did anyone see Watchdog this evening, it was about data protection or lack of it. It also said that when we are on the Council electoral register this is sold to anyone that ask for it. Thousands of names and addresses are sold for for a couple of pounds and the council does not are what the names are being used for!!!

Apparently there is a box on the electoral register form that should be ticked if we do not want our names to be sold on, which was news to me as I did not know anything about it. I will certainly be ticking that box off the next time I get a form again. We do not have a chance nowadays :mad:

..but this comes back to the point that if you do tick the box so to speak, you lessen your ability to purchase things on-line because no-one can check you actually live where you say - preventing fraud - it's a no win situation.

I've been watching the documentary Elizabeth gave us the link to. Watched half of it before, will watch the rest tomorrow.

Think the banks and creditors have had us all over a barrel. That barrel's been very successful for them. They've made pots and pots of money. I think if the Government wants to sort out fraud, money laundering etc. they need to be looking at the ones who run the businesses that con and exploit. And the seedy companies who feed off them. Ack.

Thanks for the info about Watchdog - will also watch the repeat.

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Sosumi did you note that when the council get details ready for the companies that requested them the council puts the personal data onto a hard disc and it is post to them!!!! Absolutely no respect for peoples personal data whatsoever.

Big business, no respect for peoples personal data, we are just fodder for the big business to make money. :mad:

To be fair, each year an Electoral From is posted through everyones mailbox and you're asked to sign and return it to confirm it's right - it's explained on the form, along with the leaflet that comes with it, that you can remove yourself from the Edited Register.

If people aren't reading the form, they've no one to blame, IMHO - it's not like the Sky example where they said "if you don't opt out, you will be opt-ed in automatically", which is criminal!

..but this comes back to the point that if you do tick the box so to speak, you lessen your ability to purchase things on-line because no-one can check you actually live where you say - preventing fraud - it's a no win situation.

To clarify, a local Council can only sell the Edited version of the Electoral list - which doesn't include those that have opt-ed out on the form. This has no effect on the Electoral list itself, as it's only the Edited version that is available for sale. (The full list being available through CRA's, etc, which is a different stort)

I singed the electorial register last year not to give any information concerning my home address

i thought i mentioned this about six months ago when we began this discussion concerning data....

i think most of the problems arise from the INFORMATION COMMISSIONERS OFFICE for allowing data to pass freely to anyone who ask,s for it without implementing the laws they already have ...also it is down to ourselves to put pressure on our MP,s to now begin an overhaul and to trully resrict our personal data from being passed about willy nilly to anyone and everyone ,the banks as we know are the biggest culprits in all this as well as the likes of CRA,s ..their should be a requirement for all banks and cra companies to inform us in writing that requests are being made concerning ourselves,and are we willing participants in allowing the sharing of this data...i think we all know the answer to this ,that is we do not want our data to be shared with anyone without our express permission at the time of enquiry,this would also put a restraint on banks cra,s and others from dealing with our data for proffit

patrickq1

I totally agree with you Patrick1 however, I suppose it is my fault for not reading the electoral forms when it comes through my door as I just confirm that nothing has change and return it.

It was not until I saw the Watchdog programm last night that I realized that I should have ticked the box for my data not to be sent to all anyone who asked for it. It was interesting to note that the people that watchdog polled in their programm was not aware of this also. The lesson here is to read everything and not to trust anyone whatsoever. What a terrible world that we live in when we cannot trust clowns that are elected on our behalf to be honest with us.:shock:

I singed the electorial register last year not to give any information concerning my home address

i thought i mentioned this about six months ago when we began this discussion concerning data....

i think most of the problems arise from the INFORMATION COMMISSIONERS OFFICE for allowing data to pass freely to anyone who ask,s for it without implementing the laws they already have ...also it is down to ourselves to put pressure on our MP,s to now begin an overhaul and to trully resrict our personal data from being passed about willy nilly to anyone and everyone ,the banks as we know are the biggest culprits in all this as well as the likes of CRA,s ..their should be a requirement for all banks and cra companies to inform us in writing that requests are being made concerning ourselves,and are we willing participants in allowing the sharing of this data...i think we all know the answer to this ,that is we do not want our data to be shared with anyone without our express permission at the time of enquiry,this would also put a restraint on banks cra,s and others from dealing with our data for proffit

patrickq1

The easiest way to achieve this is to opt out of the Edited Electoral Register and stop the CRA's processing your data automatically, as outlined by Surleybonds in the "Default Hell" thread - that could be detrimental to you in that none of your data will be processed at all, as the CRA's are incapable of processing your data manually, however!

Thank you FC - is there a mod around who could make a stickey of this video film for readers to go view it at their leisure?

Whilst this film does look at the "extreme" in some cases where people are "maxed out" (up to their credit limits and over stretched with their finances and struggling to repay huge debts - this does still show the example of how many companies chose to cherry pick their customers from poorer backgrounds etc.. because it was far more profitable in the returns than their having customers who were able to stay within credit limits etc..

Maxed Out

Well I just watched it straight through. Cheers Betty Boo. I sort of feel like vomiting and my head feels dizzy. I pretty much knew all this shiite went on, but it always helps to see it on the box. Well, I wasn't aware of Bush and MBNA, but it still didn't surpirse me. How sick and deluded are these people? Have they never known love in their lives? I've been depressed on and off the last few years, but i've been happy too. I think I actually pity these sickos. I don't need to give my point of view a religious angle. I'm pretty openminded as it goes. One thing I do know though is that when I am on my death bed and I draw my last breath I will be damn glad I didn't live like these parasites do. Those suicides break my heart! These are real people losing their lives needlessly and it rips the soul out of all those they leave behind. Argh. This makes me so ****ing angry. :mad: Government has to do more. Isn't it blindingly obvious? They are not going to self-regulate and diminish their ill-gotten gains!!! I don't envy the chances of the Americans (there is always hope), but we still have a shout. Our government hasn't turned completely bent yet. We all have to unite and fight harder. And I see that people that people are fighting and it inspires me too. I really hope that during the course of this year I can make some contribution myself. I'm still not really on my feet yet and firing on all cylinders though... Every person that starts a complaint, for whatever it is, has to fight it through to a satisfactory conclusion. ***The main reason they win is because people lead busy, stressful lives and they just give up too often. The banks know this all too well.*** Everyone needs to rally around each other. I know this is happening anyway, I know there are some *great people* on here, but maybe we can go after them with a bit more zest? I think we are maybe 'a tad' too defensive on occasion. These mofos need terminating!!! :D

R.I.P. all those suicides. :( :(

P.S. If any trolls read this go and have a good hard look in the mirror. And don't bother PMing me with crap or trying to divide us with moral arguments. We all know the truth, and if it isn't balck and white it's about as dark grey as you can get. I'm basically legally out of debt with a clean credit record now. Near enough anyway. And that was the case before I came here. I came here to help someone else. The only reason i'm here still is because I found out what King Canutes you all are!

P.P.S. Yes, another one of my tirades. At least I don't talk out my arse though! :eek::p It's my birthday too. Give me some grace.

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?

Well I just watched it straight through. Cheers Betty Boo. I sort of feel like vomiting and my head feels dizzy. I pretty much knew all this shiite went on, but it always helps to see it on the box. Well, I wasn't aware of Bush and MBNA, but it still didn't surpirse me. How sick and deluded are these people? Have they never known love in their lives? I've been depressed on and off the last few years, but i've been happy too. I think I actually pity these sickos. I don't need to give my point of view a religious angle. I'm pretty openminded as it goes. One thing I do know though is that when I am on my death bed and I draw my last breath I will be damn glad I didn't live like these parasites do. Those suicides break my heart! These are real people losing their lives needlessly and it rips the soul out of all those they leave behind. Argh. This makes me so ****ing angry. :mad: Government has to do more. Isn't it blindingly obvious? They are not going to self-regulate and diminish their ill-gotten gains!!! I don't envy the chances of the Americans (there is always hope), but we still have a shout. Our government hasn't turned completely bent yet. We all have to unite and fight harder. And I see that people that people are fighting and it inspires me too. I really hope that during the course of this year I can make some contribution myself. I'm still not really on my feet yet and firing on all cylinders though... Every person that starts a complaint, for whatever it is, has to fight it through to a satisfactory conclusion. ***The main reason they win is because people lead busy, stressful lives and they just give up too often. The banks know this all too well.*** Everyone needs to rally around each other. I know this is happening anyway, I know there are some *great people* on here, but maybe we can go after them with a bit more zest? I think we are maybe 'a tad' too defensive on occasion. These mofos need terminating!!! :D

R.I.P. all those suicides. :(

P.S. If any trolls read this go and have a good hard look in the mirror. And don't bother PMing me with crap or trying to divide us with moral arguments. We all know the truth, and if it isn't balck and white it's about as dark grey as you can get. I'm basically legally out of debt with a clean credit record now. Near enough anyway. And that was the case before I came here. I came here to help someone else. The only reason i'm here still is because I found out what King Canutes you all are!

P.P.S. Yes, another one of my tirades. At least I don't talk out my arse though! :eek::p It's my birthday too. Give me some grace.

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear renegotiation ( that's a mouthfull :D ) Haaaappy birthday toooo yooooou

Sarah xx

i just looked at the maxed out vid,sick peeps.....really i am not suprised it is one of the things i have been going on about for years,

if you look at the top of the threads on this page i wrote this

"i think most of the problems arise from the INFORMATION COMMISSIONERS OFFICE for allowing data to pass freely to anyone who ask,s for it without implementing the laws they already have"

and i still maintain the ICO TS AND OTHER GOVERMENT DEPT should now put a cap on information...experian and equifax,you would not beleive how much hatred i have for these companies and i have been fighting all this since november 1981,then came the old bank action group in 1992 when i joined this group pat griffiths was also a member,but who knows whatever happened to her.....so first things first and that is to get the GOVERMENT to put a curb and destroy the dca.s records of information...the worst thing that has gone passed us is the new organisation SCOR ,i hate to think what they already have on us,this should never have been allowed to happen they are worse than a festering cancer...ggrrr icould go on all day but it gets me so angry and i cannot get into that situation at this moment ....

i have only two worries at this moment one being NAT WEST and i have a threar on this but still await some proffessional eyes to look over the contracts that i signed in 1992 and the other is MORGAN STANLEY,

after that i am debt free and can sell up and move on with my life ,where as it has been on hold since 1993 because of the NAT WEST,even thought they have not been in touch since 1993 we all know the sort of dribble they can come out with statute barred or not,those slimeballs will try to find a way of getting anything you may own....

i will get of my soap box once again,i need to lie down and take my spray just to stop my heart from re acting to what i have just seen on that vid my heart goes out to those poor families who have been left behind and still have to struggle to meet the debts

patrickq1

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/123193-patrickq1-hfo-morgan-stanley.html?highlight=hfo

Quick Question - I have SAR's a firm of solicitors - are they obliged to comply??? They have a few days yet to comply, but I wanted to make sure that they "have to supply info requested" prior to sending them a reminder.

Any info gratefully received.

Jody

Jody123

Please note I have no legal training - the information I have has been gleaned from too many hours on this site! :-)

Quick Question - I have S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)'s a firm of solicitors - are they obliged to comply??? They have a few days yet to comply, but I wanted to make sure that they "have to supply info requested" prior to sending them a reminder.

Any info gratefully received.

Jody

Depends if they are the data controller of the data you've asked for, s.1.1 DPA 1998;

“data controller” means ... a person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal data are, or are to be, processed

Happy Birthday Ren!! :) xx

I've had a rough couple of days and only finished watching Maxed Out 10 minutes ago... :evil::evil:

I also think it should be stickied.

Been reading this on the BBC website:

BBC NEWS | England | Berkshire | Missing bank details found on M4

Missing bank details found on M4

The bank details of 200 people, relating to investments worth millions of pounds, have been found near a motorway slip road in Berkshire. The box of cheques and other sensitive information, belonging to Prudential investors, apparently fell from a DHL van, the firm said.

The documents were found by a driver on a roundabout close to Reading at junction 11 on the M4.

The box was returned and letters of assurance were sent to customers.

'Parted company'

The information was being transported in a van from the courier firm DHL.

A spokesperson for Prudential said: "The key thing is that none of those customers will suffer any financial loss as a result of this."

He added: "It was a delivery being made on our behalf to a secure storage facility in Essex.

"Basically the DHL van and the box parted company at some stage during that journey."

A DHL spokesperson said: "We can confirm that a parcel went missing during a delivery on 7 January due to driver error.

"We take incidents of this nature extremely seriously, a thorough investigation is underway.

"The driver responsible has been suspended pending a full review of the incident," he added.

Sosumi did you note that when the council get details ready for the companies that requested them the council puts the personal data onto a hard disc and it is post to them!!!! Absolutely no respect for peoples personal data whatsoever.

Big business, no respect for peoples personal data, we are just fodder for the big business to make money. :mad:

I wonder which courier they use? Wouldn't be the one in the post above, would it? ;)

Happy Birthday Ren!! :) xx

I've had a rough couple of days and only finished watching Maxed Out 10 minutes ago... :evil::evil:

I also think it should be stickied.

I will see if I can find a mod online to make a stickey of this in a few different places where it will be best seen. Yes some of this video can be taken with a huge bucket of salt as it is really extreme stuff - but lots of it is relevant as in the tactics used by these companies.

My youngest son made me howl with laughter yesterday (he is 18) - I reckon he has the answer!! He has spent a fair bit of time shopping recently with christmas and the sales etc.. bargain hunting etc.. and he gets pretty cheesed off when in so many stores he is offered "10% discounts" if he opens a card account with them etc..

His old ploy was to just tell staff he wasn't going to let any company charge him 29% interest on card rates etc.. tells shop person it's cheaper to borrow off mum ha ha

NOW he has learnt to ask the staff "why is my cash not good enough? = whether I use notes from my wallet or a debit card to pay - you still get cash?" My son says the checkout persons face is so funny!!

He made me laugh cause he reckons checkout person looked at him as though HE was the weird one ha ha :D My son says he never got a reply at all - just a puzzled look :D

I sure hope he keeps that attitude for a long long time!!