Dial a phone

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5499 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I stupidly ordered a mobile from these jokers last week on next day delivery, took 5 days to be delivered and then when it finally came it doesnt bl**dy work!!

To make matters worse on phoning customer services I get stuck going around in circles on an automated system, the recording introduces herself as Rachel, WTF give he computer a name and that makes it alright i suppose!! "Rachel" is useless tells me to send the phone back special delivery (thats me £6 out of pocket then) it will be looked at and replaced if faulty, if not faulty it will be returned along with a bill for the technicians. (oh I can see whats coming :roll: )

If there had been someone real to speak to I could have told them its the battery not holding its charge (I charged it as per the manufacturers instructions) all I need is a replacement battery!

I called the sales line and guess what, you got it - a real person answered, useless but real. He told me I should speak to someone at customer services but I was one step ahead of him, I told him there was no humans at customer services!! To which he replied "oh no not on the weekend" :mad:

Why is it there are always plenty of staff to sell you the s**t but no one to look after the mugs who have signed up for it.

(please excuse my bad language but I am not a happy bunny!)

I really cant bear the thought of having to spend the next 18 months dealing with these imbeciles if any one has any advice for getting rid of them it would be very gratefully recieved (although I dont think I can as I have opened the phone box).

I should have gone with my gut instinct and gone to O2 or a high street shop (but from what I read thats not always plain sailing either)

and finally.......Thanks for letting me rant

Gem

ps. if anyone knows of any contact details (I cant even find an email address) for dial a phone I would really appreciate it

LLOYDS TSB

4th August 06 - Data Protection Act S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

19th September 06 - Prelim sent

2nd October 06 - Standard Lloyds reply

9th October 06 - LBA sent

20th October 06 - Standard Lloyds reply

**N1 to be submitted 27th October 06**

You have 7 days from the date you recieve the phone to notify them you wish to cancel and request them to send you a prepaid bag or label to return it to them.

The 7 days starts from the day AFTER you get the goods, and as long as you inform them within that time (keep a record of the conversation!) you should not have any problem. It doesnt have to be actually returned to them during that time limit. opening the box has no bearing as the 7 day European distance selling regs is there for you to 'try' the goods.

If you decide to keep on with them instead of cancelation, under the sales of goods act you are entitled to brand new replacment equipment if yours is faulty within 28 days.

Dont let them fob you off! Good luck!

Anything I post is my own opinion and views based on experience. My posts may not represent the views of my Employer, work collegues, or my Mum, i thought them up all by myself!

Thank you for your reply.

I really want to have nothing more to do with them, i am supposed to be claiming cash back in a few months and I can see all sorts of problems on the horizon.

However, I am also concerned about opening a can of worms and regretting standing up to them.

I am not really sure where to go from here, of course this is just made worse by the fact that I am practically unable to communicate with them, no phone number, no audible email address, all emails I have had from them went into my spam folder stating "unknown sender" they really dont want to be contacted.

I may just write to them and send the phone back and hope for the best but its never that simple......

LLOYDS TSB

4th August 06 - Data Protection Act S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

19th September 06 - Prelim sent

2nd October 06 - Standard Lloyds reply

9th October 06 - LBA sent

20th October 06 - Standard Lloyds reply

**N1 to be submitted 27th October 06**

some reading from 2004

OurShip > The saga of the Phones

I don't know if this email address is still current

Dial-A-Phone Ltd

Highgate Studios

53-79 Highgate Rd

London NW5 1TL,

UNITED KINGDOM

internetsales [at] dialaphone.co.uk

EDIT

a more current email contact

Julian Hearn

Head of Online Marketing

Dial-a-Phone

j.hearn(remove-this)@dialaphone.com

Comment 67 by Julian July 17th, 2007 at 8:06 am

• 1 year later...

i got 2 phones 6 months ago paying 15 pound each thats 30 pound plus another 30 pounds on top of that so thats 60 pounds a month . well i just recieved a email saying today i am jew my cash back but its only 2 checks for 50 pound each Woooot:eek:. it must be me but 6 X 30 = 180 pound not 100 pound, ive sent them a email explaining this but very doutfull of hearing anything back,

This is a protest against dialaphone to the great british public {do not give them ur business] they will con U

• 1 month later...

Name: Lincoln Ling

4th March 2009: I login to www.mudah.com the marketplace of Malaysia I saw a advertisement from dial a phone (Julian Hearn Head of online Marketing) :

The price of the Nokia N97 32GB is going for $360 usd right now.

The phone comes with a 12 months warranty along with its complete

accessories

THE PHONE COMES UNLOCKED TO ALL NETWORKS.

Time of delivery is 2 working days.

For more information about the phone you want to buy, i want you to

follow the link below:

http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/blog/?p=2378

6th March 2009: I sent a email to Julian Hearn to confirm the Nokia N97 in a couples of minutes he adds me at Msn Messenger. After hearing his explanation I had no doubt then I straight away transferred money RM1335 converted from 360USD then sent to UK GBP244.28 through Western Union.

8th March 2009: He (Julian Hearn) MSN me I will get the Nokia N97 by tomorrow it means 9th March 2009. I was so happy I can't wait to have new Nokia N97.

10th March 2009: He told me that the Package already in Malaysia. I reply him I didn't get the phone. He answered me the Package just arrived so I wait for another day.

11 March 2009: I was doubt on him, he tried to calm me down once again he said the phone is now in Malaysia but 5 units of Nokia N97 shipped to me by mistaken (mispackage). His Company wants to ship it out of my country and I will not get my package until the next 8 months. Nonsense!!!

He asked me to pay for the remaining 4 units at 300USD perunit I refused to do that. After that, he said I only have to pay one unit more all will be released to me. He told me the package in Malaysia already so I asked for Cash on delivery for that one more unit. You know what he suggests to me?

He insist wants me to transfer another 360USD by using Western Union in the name of anybody I love or trust (Mother, Father or Friend) as soon as I receive all the phones then I have to go back to Western Union office to make transfer to his name (Julian Hearn).

I asked him to provide me the Fedex Express's ref number so that I can check whether the phone has arrived but he refused to give the details. Once again he let me down.

I already lost RM1335 = GBP244.28. I'm really unhappy :Cry: I hope somebody will help me.

Any feedback pls email me at [email protected]

Thank you

Edited by Lincolnling

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lincoln Ling

Unfortunately, it seems that you have fallen prey to a very dodgy [EDIT] who has been posting adverts for the Nokia N97 all over the web, posing as Julian Hearn, an ex-employee who has not worked at DialaPhone for more than a year. This individual who is posting these adverts has no relationship to DialaPhone and is falsely using the name DialaPhone.

To prevent this type of fraud from happening again we are in the process of systematically getting all these false adverts deleted and have already successfully removed a number of these in conjuntion with the site administrators.

To clear up some information about DialaPhone:

DialaPhone is a UK based online mobile phone retailer only, we have NO international branches,

We only sell mobile phones within the United Kingdom and only in Pounds (£) Sterling,

We only take purchases on our own website through a secure payment process.

NOTE TO ALL: Please be weary of [problematic] who insist on payment through third party services such as MoneyGram or Western Union. Always purchase from a reputable company who uses a secure payment process, and report seemingly [problem] adverts to website administrators.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dialaphone,

Maybe you can help me. Ordered a phone, taken delivery, phone will not make or receive texts but will make and receive calls. Tried to contact T-Mobile who say that they do not recognise the new number and is not registered to my address. Tried to contact Dialaphone but unable to speak to anyone. Frustrated and considering just returning within the 7 day cancellation and calling it quits. Can you advise way forward?

• 4 weeks later...

I had an issue in work today for dial-a-phone.

I work for vodafone CS and I had a customer today call who took a contract with dail-a-phone, but the number given was incorrect, they got 2 incorrect phones and not even the same sim.

Unfortunatley I couldnt really help the customer. I just had to try and call dial-a-phone and speak to them. I was on hold with 'Rachel' trying to get through for 20 minutes and when I did get someone they heard the query, said it was out issue and immediatley hung-up.

Terrible, its the same with phones 4 u (patner companies as far as im aware)

My advice would be to go direct to the network to take contracts.

As for whiskeymincer, as I said the caller today was similar to your situation.

I would advise to call T-mobile and make sure you dont have a contract running with them. I would also call your bank to see if a direct debit has been set up.

If it has been set up it may be a bit more difficult, as you could tell dial-a-phone you have canceled and them not tell t-mobile.

Do not return the phone without confirming with vodafone or using special delivery as most likely they will say they havent recived it.

Im sorry I couldnt be more help, but Im sure bubzy will be and I wish you the best of luck.