nat west-Intrum Justia-Fredrickson - Please Help

moneydragon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5378 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did u send rorys letter to them?

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

right well was it the letter on page 2 reminding them of the money laundering rules?

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Un usual companys normally tumble at that point.

Anyway maybe u should do as the letter threatens and report them to the relivant authorities as mentioned in the letter

Un usual companys normally tumble at that point.

Anyway maybe u should do as the letter threatens and report them to the relivant authorities as mentioned in the letter

Godmother

Thanks for your reply

Would that mean that I will need to take them to court?

:(md

Edited by moneydragon

DEtails of these procedures we contained in the credit agreement/application form you would of signed (the form that they can't find)
I'd like them to use this bit of reasoning in a court and see how the judge takes it. It's no good stating you would have signed something, they need to show you did sign something. It is entirely possible that there was an admin error and your account was authorised without a signature - we've all seen threads where there has been no debtor signature on the form.

I had a very similar statement from BOS for OH's account. This was part of my reply.

To state ‘there was a properly executed signed agreement’ and ‘I can confirm that the copy of the agreement was not illegible at the time of signing’ is bordering on ridiculous. Unless you provide me with the legible, signed copy of the agreement you allege you hold (sorry, that you allege you held), complete with all prescribed terms, you will be well aware that you have no power to enforce this account.

As a matter of interest, are you able to back up your claims by proving that you were indeed working for the Bank of Scotland, in the department where applications were received, in 1996? Are you further able to prove that you were witness to me signing a legible agreement including all prescribed terms? If not, then I have to ask how you can make such sweeping statements.

... As you do not have a valid, signed, legible, enforceable agreement, there is not now, nor can have ever been any contract between your company and myself. Therefore you do not now, nor have ever had the right to process my data in any way, and any markers placed with credit reference agencies have as such been placed unlawfully.

Now to be fair they have still written back saying they have the right to process, which I am asking them to fully explain given the above, but it has upset them in terms of threatening OH. Their letters previously were very much that they had an enforceable agreement and would chase it to the end, now they are just saying that just because it is unenforceable does not mean they can't chase.

My point is though, if you pull Interim up on how exactly they know there was a signed agreement, they won't be able to answer. They would need to have someone in the office taking in the signed documents, who was there when your account opened and can swear that they saw yours there. Seeing as the account was not even with them this will not be a question they can answer, and it may just be enough - combined with repeating the money laundering angle which they appear to have ignored - to make them pass it on to someone with two brain cells who will realise the futility of them carrying on.

I have no experience of the court process whatsoever, and the thought frightens me immensely, but I think I would be right in saying that if you put the above into a letter, outlining how impossible it is for them to back up their statements in a court, and give them x amount of time to answer before you'll start proceedings, it may put a fire up their respective bums? Of course I guess this would mean you'd have to be willing to go the whole way with it to remove the markers if they still don't budge.

I'm sure other far more knowledgeable people will be able to tell you if the above is viable or not:)

Lexis:)

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

Thanks for your reply lexus200 - very helpful and gave me more confidence to fight on I was getting to the stage perhaps it was time to admit defeat.

As I opened this account in 1979 anyone working there then will either be retired of or even 6 feet under by now.

I dont recal signing an agreement only completing an application form.

If you dont mind I will use your letter as part of my reply.

md:)

I would appreciate someone looking over this as to as my reply to thread 27

I note your comments however, to state that We consider that our processing of your personal data is fair, lawful and warranted in the circumstances. Details of these procedures we contained in the credit agreement/application form you would of signed when you applied for the card”.

Unless you provide me with the legible, signed copy of the agreement you allege you hold (sorry, that you allege you held), complete with all prescribed terms, you will be well aware that you have no power to enforce this account.

As a matter of interest, are you able to back up your claims by proving that you were indeed working for the Nat West Bank, in the department where applications were received, in 1979? Are you further able to prove that you were witness to me signing a legible agreement including all prescribed terms? If not, then I have to ask how you can make such sweeping statements.

As you do not have a valid, signed, legible, enforceable agreement, there is not now, nor can have ever been any contract between your company and myself. Therefore you do not now, nor have ever had the right to process my data in any way, and any markers placed with credit reference agencies have as such been placed unlawfully.

I should not have to remind you that without evidence of me signing or agreeing to any data protection terms and conditions you are unable to retain your data on file nor share it with outside agencies and that any attempt to do so will be in breach of the Data Protection Act

By attempting to process my data clearly shows that Nat West has failed in its obligations to comply with the various anti money laundering regulations in not keeping such documents. This, as I’m sure you are aware, is a very serious offence will have no option but to report this matter to The Financial Crime Branch of HM Treasury and any other authorities as I see fit.

Thankyou for looking- md

Just subscribing to this excellent thread following an early reply from Money dragon. Thanks. I am going through the same process with NW. Have just sent them Rory's letter today. Here's hoping!!!:)

My opinions are not expressed as an agent or representative of The Consumer Action Group. My advice is given freely but please remember to always seek professional advice from a qualified legal adviser before acting. If I have helped you please feel free to click on the black star below.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for your reply

Would that mean that I will need to take them to court?

Reporting them to the OFT etc does not require any court action on your behalf.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Subbing and sending Rory's letter to NW.

Halifax Current Account £1583 WON 2007:)

Egg Credit Card £1822 WON 2008:)

BarclayCard £982 WON 2008:)

Natwest Current Account £2133 WON 2006:)

IF Accounts £1728 WON 2007:)[/size]

MBNA CCA request sent 10.2.09

BarclayCard CCA request 10.2.09

Barclays Bank SAR 16.2.09[/size]

Let the games continue...:D

• 1 month later...

Please help

I have received the following from Nat West today and I urgently need help on what to do:

It has come to our attention that we advised you incorrectly reagrding the status of your account. We overlooked the fact that your account was opened in 1980 and S78 was brought into force on 19.5.1985. Schedule 3 of the 1974 act states that s.78 applies to an agreement made before 19.5.1985 where the agreement would have been regulated agreement if made on that day.

As such under regulation 9 of the copy documents regulations specifies that in the case of an agreement made before 19.5.1985 it is sufficient to supply a copy of the current terms - that acts as a true copy. As we have supplied these documents to you, we have now fully complied with the request which means the agreement is enforceable. You should continue/or now make payments to the account to avoid any further action being taken.

This is a new one!!:confused:

Edited by moneydragon

yep i have never heard that b4. Erm maybe PMing 42man might help. REMEMBER to link ur thread.

yep i hope he will as i would be interested to see what he has to say re the letter.

The regulations on supplying copy documents ((Consumer Credit (cancellation notices and copies of documents) regulations 1983/1985) state that for an agreemement prior to 1985 the creditor only needs to provide a copy of current terms & conditions if they no longer can provide a true copy of the original.With the above in mind I would summise that they no longer have the original and are therefore digging their heals in rather than admit the fact.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I'm really not sure to be honest, I think i've only ever seen a couple of cases of 'pre 85' agreements.....have they sent any copies of your 'application' ?

Thanks for your reply 42man, no they haven't sent me a copy of my application they only say that by supplying me with a copy of the current terms is sufficent and that I should now make payments.

md:(