Script for stopping phone calls

welly59
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Could some one tell me where to find the script to stop calls from a debt collection agency.

We keep getting calls from Cabot saying we owe on a Barclay Card, we've never had one.

We've told them to deal in writting. There're calling back later today and I would really like to put a stop to these calls.

Many Thanks

I believe this is what you're looking for...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/37006-harassment-telephone-response-letter.html#post290644

If you don't want to speak to these people tell them so and then openly refuse to answer any security questions, if they don't ask security questions ask why and then refuse!

Regards, Dave.

Hi Guys

thanks for your help.

I have called OFCOM but to be honest I don't think they were a lot of use as they said they don't respond to any individual cases like this. They took my details and said there is nothing they can do but told me to call the Information Officers department. I did that and they weren't sounding as if they could do anything, although they were quite sympathetic. In fact they didn't know of Cabot and suggested they were phishing, which isn't the case.

My next step is the Trading Standards, I think they may be more use and I will call the police if need be and report a case of harrasment and insist that something is investigated.

Thanks

Sorry I forgot to mention Send Cabot a CCA request You can find a template for doing this in the templates library. I don't know how to link to it. you can't be liable for a card you've never owned, and to enforce the alleged debt they must have a signed copy of the original credit agreement. This obviously won't exist unless as I stated earlier you have had your identity stolen. then you can start getting to the bottom of things

Best wishes Chris

I wrote to cabot raising a formal complaint regarding the numerous phone calls for an 8 year old debt .the calls stopped. i told them to take me to court ..they didnt. the calls have stopped now but reading thru the e-mails on this site i expect them to start again any day now......i will not be answering any of the security questions as they refuse to give me their second name ...play them at their own game ...under data protection i will not confirm who i am in case of identy fraud..