Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4571 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Don't think I can post - don't have a forwarding address if you catch my drift!

:lol:

and as you will also know what the thing is i can't mention you will know how happy i am :)

Hello Andie, congratulations on your success!! I've just started a claim against them myself :-D

Strangely I received a defence today bodged together by someone called Mr P. Wonder if it's the one and only??? ;-)

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Many congratulations to Andie

I had a previous incarnation on this site and have changed user name incase anyone thinks I'm a newby, I was being followed around the site I think!

Anyway, advice needed, can Welcome register a default on your account if you have never received & they have never issued a default for that date? Mine should have dropped off but they have changed the date of the default to keep it on file for another 6 years!! Help and advice really needed about the legalities of this? Raised with the ICO and CRAS but no joy as yet.

Ta in advance :mad:

Awesome news Andie.

Well done honeybun.

My complaint to Nottingham was replied to by letter the other day and I was pleasantly surprised.

More details soon but suffice to say the woman at the Feltham Branch will not be harassing me again and my phone number has been removed from their records ( in writing too ).

The letter fully upheld my complaint.

Back soon when I have more time.

Are you opening a bottle of champagne to celebrate? :D

Take care

Voda

xx

Awesome news Andie.

Well done honeybun.

My complaint to Nottingham was replied to by letter the other day and I was pleasantly surprised.

More details soon but suffice to say the woman at the Feltham Branch will not be harassing me again and my phone number has been removed from their records ( in writing too ).

The letter fully upheld my complaint.

Back soon when I have more time.

Are you opening a bottle of champagne to celebrate? :D

Take care

Voda

xx

Hi Voda Hpe your are well and keeping wf busy!!.

I am now going on the advice from Postggi getting hand writing expert in as paperwork from wf is not mine and I can now prove it.

Whoever did write my signature you can bet they will be visiting the job centre BEFORE wf reply to my solicitor.

I am now going on the advice from Postggi getting hand writing expert in as paperwork from wf is not mine and I can now prove it.

Whoever did write my signature you can bet they will be visiting the job centre BEFORE wf reply to my solicitor.

Im new to this saw your message, just wanted u to know I had some papers sent yesterday and can tell u there is no way it was my signiture. The boxes r not even the same width ive got loads of problems with them got a car for 8 grand i now owe them 16 grand !!

Im new to this saw your message, just wanted u to know I had some papers sent yesterday and can tell u there is no way it was my signiture. The boxes r not even the same width ive got loads of problems with them got a car for 8 grand i now owe them 16 grand !!

Hi CAT 101, everyone on here are well up with wf.

Type in google 'POSTGGI' he's an ace with wf problems, having had a few of his own and with signatures.

I know he's always busy, but always very very helpful.

try www.welcome finance are now officially dead.

Don't mean to pry but are you working??

Hi BC,

I am well thanks and trust you are too.

That's terrible what the WF employee did.

It's a criminal offence surely.

Take care

Voda.

Hi BC,

I am well thanks and trust you are too.

That's terrible what the WF employee did.

It's a criminal offence surely.

Take care

Voda.

Yep they have messed up big time.

Will get hold of Postggi to gain advice on what he did.

How you doing?

I actually have an 'ok' experience with welcome -

I had poor credit rating and actually got a loan for a reasonable apr considering - 30%ish i think (poor for loans but better than most for welcome) ... the car was 7.5k and I'll pay a total of £12.7k over 4 years ... it really could be worse than that for someone with CCJ's like me. (£270 per month but adjusted because of my ppi overpayments)

I took the PPI and Gap insurance foolishly and realised later that the total cost of £5k over the 48 month loan and sent a letter during cooling off period to cancel. That was ignored so I battered the head office and chairman with letters and it all got sorted in the end. This was back in early 2008, a nuisance but even better branded companies have caused me more hassle than that.

I missed the news of them going bust at the end of last year, it was the car dealer phoning to tell me to come and get another car off them and give this one back to welcome to cancel the agreement because they had gone under that revealed the news. The facts were that I can hand it back under T&C after half the loan is paid regardless of Welcome going bust so I'll stick it out for now unless I get a guaranteed loan for less APR.

Anyway the reason I write on here is different. Are welcome still actively chasing payment? At the end of last year when I was blissfully unaware of them going bust they phoned me every month to check I'd still be paying and arranged new payment dates over Christmas and so on.

This month I have changed banks and cancelled all direct debits 2 weeks ago. Within a day or so of cancelling my direct debits all the companies like insurance have contacted me and asked for new DD details which I have provided. Except for welcome.

I have now missed the due payment and heard nothing. I'm now a few days later and heard nothing so I'll keep the money aside and hope they have forgotten about me!

Edited by tmsix

I actually have an 'ok' experience with welcome -

I had poor credit rating and actually got a loan for a reasonable apr considering - 30%ish i think (poor for loans but better than most for welcome) ... the car was 7.5k and I'll pay a total of £12.7k over 4 years ... it really could be worse than that for someone with CCJ's like me. (£270 per month but adjusted because of my ppi overpayments)

I took the PPI and Gap insurance foolishly and realised later that the total cost of £5k over the 48 month loan and sent a letter during cooling off period to cancel. That was ignored so I battered the head office and chairman with letters and it all got sorted in the end. This was back in early 2008, a nuisance but even better branded companies have caused me more hassle than that.

I missed the news of them going bust at the end of last year, it was the car dealer phoning to tell me to come and get another car off them and give this one back to welcome to cancel the agreement because they had gone under that revealed the news. The facts were that I can hand it back under T&C after half the loan is paid regardless of Welcome going bust so I'll stick it out for now unless I get a guaranteed loan for less APR.

Anyway the reason I write on here is different. Are welcome still actively chasing payment? At the end of last year when I was blissfully unaware of them going bust they phoned me every month to check I'd still be paying and arranged new payment dates over Christmas and so on.

This month I have changed banks and cancelled all direct debits 2 weeks ago. Within a day or so of cancelling my direct debits all the companies like insurance have contacted me and asked for new DD details which I have provided. Except for welcome.

I have now missed the due payment and heard nothing. I'm now a few days later and heard nothing so I'll keep the money aside and hope they have forgotten about me!

I hope you realise you will have been charged £10 for each of those calls!!!

Welcome don't forget, they'll turn up out of the blue and repossess your car at no notice!

Take care please.

I hope you realise you will have been charged £10 for each of those calls!!!

Welcome don't forget, they'll turn up out of the blue and repossess your car at no notice!

Take care please.

Thanks and I will take care. I have never missed a payment so I can argue the phone calls were unnecessary so they shouldn't charge £10. And my defence for not contacting them about my change of bank details is that the local office I dealt with is now shut and the phone number unavailable.

I'm about 60% paid so I'm above the half way threshold and therefore they need a court order to snatch the motor.

I actually do expect them to ask for the money soon but it's worth a gamble. It won't be the first company to "forget" that I had owed them something!

Thanks and I will take care. I have never missed a payment so I can argue the phone calls were unnecessary so they shouldn't charge £10. And my defence for not contacting them about my change of bank details is that the local office I dealt with is now shut and the phone number unavailable.

I'm about 60% paid so I'm above the half way threshold and therefore they need a court order to snatch the motor.

I actually do expect them to ask for the money soon but it's worth a gamble. It won't be the first company to "forget" that I had owed them something!

Quite right, they cannot rock up and take your car, that would be theft. Unless you hand over the keys they cannot do this without court intervention. Sure you know this but better safe than sorry ;)

Quite right, they cannot rock up and take your car, that would be theft. Unless you hand over the keys they cannot do this without court intervention. Sure you know this but better safe than sorry ;)

It's true they would need a court order to repossess and have served a valid default and termination notice, but it's never beyond Welcome to break the law!! I'm in court with them next week :D

All I'm saying is don't trust them an inch, we all know what they should do. Whether they do it or not is another matter! :eek:

Yeah lol don't trust em.

I sent a letter recorded delivery, they had it Tuesday, which specifically said do not contact by phone, writing only.

What did they do today? So and so please contact me at welcome on no xxxx.

eff off I thought. I've sent a letter saying we won't pay so take us to court etc PMSL on the floor!

Postggj, just to say hi, and how are you, sorry to hear about your knee... from one of the many you have greatly helped against those evil scumbags.... you were brilliant and were always there when I needed support, many many thanks & best wishes from Pru

Well, all great news that Welcome is crumbling......but there seems to be enough staff left to issue me with a LBA!! They deny I'm entitled to the documents I've requested in my SAR, curiously by quoting Section 7 DPA 1988.

I will be updating my thread Welcome Secured Loan Mess, but, in the meantime, can anyone tell me why signing the 'agreement' in a Welcome office is significant? I didn't.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Yesterday I paid off my welcome finance loan. It was a small unsecured loan taken out over two years. I haven't ever had any phone calls from them, and the only correspondence received was my yearly statement. I paid each month on time, which is why I think I was left alone.

I'll be leaving this forum now, something a lot of people will no doubt be happy about, but my parting message is this:

To all those who have genuinely been mis-sold a product, lied to or or been deliberately misled, I wish you the very best of luck in your claims.

And to those who knew exactly what they were getting in to, but chose to throw caution to the wind, or never really intended to pay the loan back in the first place (and they do exist - you know who you are), I hope welcome get back every penny they are owed.

bye x.

Yesterday I paid off my welcome finance loan. It was a small unsecured loan taken out over two years. I haven't ever had any phone calls from them, and the only correspondence received was my yearly statement. I paid each month on time, which is why I think I was left alone.

I'll be leaving this forum now, something a lot of people will no doubt be happy about, but my parting message is this:

To all those who have genuinely been mis-sold a product, lied to or or been deliberately misled, I wish you the very best of luck in your claims.

And to those who knew exactly what they were getting in to, but chose to throw caution to the wind, or never really intended to pay the loan back in the first place (and they do exist - you know who you are), I hope welcome get back every penny they are owed.

bye x.

Bye Bye

Well, all great news that Welcome is crumbling......but there seems to be enough staff left to issue me with a LBA!! They deny I'm entitled to the documents I've requested in my SAR, curiously by quoting Section 7 DPA 1988.

I will be updating my thread Welcome Secured Loan Mess, but, in the meantime, can anyone tell me why signing the 'agreement' in a Welcome office is significant? I didn't.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

you cant cancel it

no cooling off period

but they wont tell you that

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4571 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks