Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4572 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My daughters boyfriend took out a loan with Welcome last November for £2500, PPI £1275 and Interest £1701.:-x

I really think he may have been mis-sold this PPI as he didn't really know what it was.

He and my daughter are now living together and know that this loan must be repaid but I wondered if it is worth trying to reclaim the PPI or are we too late because of the position Welcome are in now.

Hello there DawnyTrish. Firstly as is normally advised on here, you would be better off starting your own thread on this. The detail of the answers to specific questions such as yours can get lost amongst all the stuff this thread contains.

However, yes, it is worth starting a claim for the refund of the PPI. Once you have started your claim, whatever happens to Welcome, someone will have to pick up the liability.

Also he hasn't got a bank account and they telephone every week for a payment. My daughter gave them her Debit card details and now they have stopped phoning and just take the payment anyway.

How they handle this is up to them. If they don't want Welcome to phone and are happy to pay the money then they need do nothing. However, I suspect your inference is that they would rather not have Welcome taking money from her account at their whim. In that case I would suggest that she calls her bank, tells them that she has lost her card/washed it in the washing machine/it has split in half/whichever story she feels easiest telling, and asks them to cancel the old one and issue a new one. This will have different numbers, and Welcome won't be able to take any money any more. (Do make sure she takes enough cash out of her account to get her through the week or so it will take for the new card to arrive before she phones the bank.)

Hello there DawnyTrish. Firstly as is normally advised on here, you would be better off starting your own thread on this. The detail of the answers to specific questions such as yours can get lost amongst all the stuff this thread contains.

However, yes, it is worth starting a claim for the refund of the PPI. Once you have started your claim, whatever happens to Welcome, someone will have to pick up the liability.

How they handle this is up to them. If they don't want Welcome to phone and are happy to pay the money then they need do nothing. However, I suspect your inference is that they would rather not have Welcome taking money from her account at their whim. In that case I would suggest that she calls her bank, tells them that she has lost her card/washed it in the washing machine/it has split in half/whichever story she feels easiest telling, and asks them to cancel the old one and issue a new one. This will have different numbers, and Welcome won't be able to take any money any more. (Do make sure she takes enough cash out of her account to get her through the week or so it will take for the new card to arrive before she phones the bank.)

Hi, Thanks for the reply.Have been reading this thread all weekend.It is amazing.(Still only on page 93:D)

Have had a look at the paperwork but all daughters boyfriend has is a Statement of Price...which he had to sign???

We have today requested a copy of the agreement which he says he can't remember signing.(They have taken him for everything...ppi Accident ins and Lifecare for 5 years ...even though the agreement is for 3years)So we will see.

As for the payments he has requested Welcome NOT to take anymore payments from my daughters card and he is going to pay cash at the local office every week.They seem to have agreed to this so again...We will see.

She did ask the bank for a new card and they are sending her one but they have said this may still not stop the payments although surely it should if that card is cancelled.

Thank you all for taking so much trouble to keep people informed...I shall now return to page 93 and hopefully will catch up soon.

Dawnytrishxx

ETA I will start a new thread when I get a copy of the agreement and get me head around all of this.Thanks again.

Edited by dawnytrish

Can someone please point me in the direction of, or give me a template for putting my account into dispute please? I have asked a few times before, but no help yet :o( Welcomes last day is friday, so I want the letter ready to send just in case they dont offer me the right outcome. I really do need the templates, so if someone could help me it would be great, thank you

Can someone please point me in the direction of, or give me a template for putting my account into dispute please? I have asked a few times before, but no help yet (Welcome's last day is friday, so I want the letter ready to send just in case they dont offer me the right outcome).

B4bod, I presume you are asking for a letter for when Welcome have failed to provide you with a copy of your agreement following a CCA request? If so here is the template:

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/571-failiure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale

Hi am looking for some help and advice with welcome.

I took a loan out in 2006 for £2000 which i was paying £210 back every month. I lost my job and was told my ppi didnt cover me so i cancelled it i was unable to make the £210 repayments. I spoke with them and agreed over the telephone that the amount would be reduced to £70 which i paid over the telephone for that month. I never received anything through the post to reset up the dd but the following month they had taken £70 from my debit card which as i was unaware they were doing this made me go overdrawn resulting in charges...

Since then i have written to them at least 6 times telling them i could not afford to pay £70 every month as am now on benefits and received no reply. I offered £25 until i get back into work i even sent income/expenditure forms. I went to the office to find it wasnt there anymore and when i called them could never get through to the office.

I appreciate i should be keeping up payments and have got myself into debt with them through not paying which i hold my hands up to.

I moved last year out of the area and havent told anybody as yet as the reason i left was to escape abusive bf but thats another story and dont want to be found. I have had my mail redirected and today received an attachment of earnings order for over £7000. Apparently a company called progressive and youngs and sons have taken me to court which i havent received and i have now a ccj on my file.

I am not working at the moment and have no idea how i am going to repay £7000. I am a bit wary of going to CAB as i cannot have debt collectors coming to my door.

Any advice would be helpful thank you

I think i put my thread in the wrong place so i will try again sorry

Hi am looking for some help and advice with welcome.

I took a loan out in 2006 for £2000 which i was paying £210 back every month. I lost my job and was told my ppi didnt cover me so i cancelled it i was unable to make the £210 repayments. I spoke with them and agreed over the telephone that the amount would be reduced to £70 which i paid over the telephone for that month. I never received anything through the post to reset up the dd but the following month they had taken £70 from my debit card which as i was unaware they were doing this made me go overdrawn resulting in charges...

Since then i have written to them at least 6 times telling them i could not afford to pay £70 every month as am now on benefits and received no reply. I offered £25 until i get back into work i even sent income/expenditure forms. I went to the office to find it wasnt there anymore and when i called them could never get through to the office.

I appreciate i should be keeping up payments and have got myself into debt with them through not paying which i hold my hands up to.

I moved last year out of the area and havent told anybody as yet as the reason i left was to escape abusive bf but thats another story and dont want to be found. I have had my mail redirected and today received an attachment of earnings order for over £7000. Apparently a company called progressive and youngs and sons have taken me to court which i havent received and i have now a ccj on my file.

I am not working at the moment and have no idea how i am going to repay £7000. I am a bit wary of going to CAB as i cannot have debt collectors coming to my door.

Any advice would be helpful thank you

Hi everyone,

I have contacted Watchdog so let's see what happens now.

Voda

Hi again everyone,

Over the weekend, I am going to contact Watchdog and a thread that is over 400 pages long should be of great interest to them.

If any ex-Welcome employees would like to PM me, then I await your message with great interest.

I would be happy to meet up with anyone from here and go to see their research team in person and/or meet somewhere in private as you don't know me and I can then prove that I am a Welcome customer and totally genuine.

Bye for now

Voda

PS. I would love to see this shower on the box.

Hi everyone,

I have contacted Watchdog so let's see what happens now.

Voda

Dominic littlewood is looking for people to at the moment Voda See the announcement at the top of the threads page!!

It might be worth it under the being treated unfairly heading!!

b-o-2

Heres the link

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/announcement.php?f=248&a=157

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

what will happen to our loans post if they arent right

Are we any further forward yet??

Is there anything that can go on open forum yet ??

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

Hi b-o-2,

Brilliant.

I have just sent Dom an e-mail.

Thank you so much for the link.....:)

I really like the guy and let's hope that he looks into this.

I warned him that he and/or his researchers have over 400 pages to read going back to 2007 !!!

Nitey nite

Voda

Dominic littlewood is looking for people to at the moment Voda See the announcement at the top of the threads page!!

It might be worth it under the being treated unfairly heading!!

b-o-2

Heres the link

The Consumer Forums - Announcements in Forum : Welcome Finance

Hi b-o-2,

Brilliant.

I have just sent Dom an e-mail.

Thank you so much for the link.....:)

I really like the guy and let's hope that he looks into this.

I warned him that he and/or his researchers have over 400 pages to read going back to 2007 !!!

Nitey nite

:D:D DON'T GET DOM..GET EVEN!!:D;)

LETS US KNOW HOW IT GOES...:D

Hiya Postie,

Not too much been going on in your absence except that I have informed Watchdog and Dom Littlewood of this huge thread.

Nite

Voda

hi people

ime now back on line and ploughing through all my messages

I know someone who has been offered 14k secured loan from welcome finance this month (seen the agreement), how can this be?

this has a very bad smell indeed

cattles invoice finance has gone,

welcome do not have the funds to lend, its all going to the bond holders the loan receipts

welcome has to make a few loan agreements but theses are to exsisting customers and i believe at some thing like 80 % apr

in other words

pure clap trap

welcome finance has now gone in all but name

even there collection dept has been closed down and the office shut up shop

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4572 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks