Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4558 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is there any good news on the Welcome demise front?

Are they still hanging on by a thread?

dont think there is any more news on what is going on but im sure things will start to happen soon whichever way things go

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

surly if you approched them with in the 14 days, they have a duty to inform you to wait for the 14 days to be up as they cant contact you

Post - I really am playing Devils Advocate but I just don't want to lead people in to a false sense of security with this one.

If, for example lets use Mojo...

If Mojo speaks to Welcome over the phone about a secured loan and Welcome send out the paperwork - there then should be this period of no contact - however this is contact initiated by Welcome - If Mojo then contact Welcome on day 3 and says I've done the paperwork I want the money - Welcome are doing nothing wrong in processing that application.

Now we know it didn't happen like that and in most cases Welcome will have breached the no contact period - however what I am saying is there is nothing to stop Welcome fabricating an entry on your account saying you contacted them within the 14 days.

Then there is nothing that you can do about it unless you can prove you can't - which I think would be incredibly difficult.

Just been checking our credit files, and it seems that welcome have been busy recently searching our files,and making some interesting changes too...i will need to investigate these further, and if i come up with something interesting i will post my fingings shortly!!!!

So peops, if you have an account in dispute and you havent checked the cra's recently, it might be worth taking a peep at them!!!

ttfn

b-o-2

It seems like Experian may have been brought to book!!!:lol: and are doing a little bit of housekeeping, Some very interesting goings on happening on both of our files!!! and not just with welcome either???????

Although welcome seem to have searched almost every loan (a total of 11 times between us, without our consent:eek:at the begining of this month) we have ever had with them?? they have not ammended the 180/181 months [problem]!!!!!

Has anyone else taken a look at theirs lately???

ttfn

B-O-2

Edited by brassed-off-2
add missed bit

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

Post - I really am playing Devils Advocate but I just don't want to lead people in to a false sense of security with this one.

If, for example lets use Mojo...

If Mojo speaks to Welcome over the phone about a secured loan and Welcome send out the paperwork - there then should be this period of no contact - however this is contact initiated by Welcome - If Mojo then contact Welcome on day 3 and says I've done the paperwork I want the money - Welcome are doing nothing wrong in processing that application.

Now we know it didn't happen like that and in most cases Welcome will have breached the no contact period - however what I am saying is there is nothing to stop Welcome fabricating an entry on your account saying you contacted them within the 14 days.

Then there is nothing that you can do about it unless you can prove you can't - which I think would be incredibly difficult.

its a good point your making andie, but if the cca 1974 states a cooling off period then surely no matter what contact is made by the customer the finance company should abide by the rules...surely. Is there anything in the cca 1974 to contradict it or legislation of any sort, its just an interesting point you have made...

Can't see that anyone posted this from yesterday so here goes (apols if already posted)...

RNS Number : 8127S Cattles PLC 26 May 2009

26 May, 2009

Cattles plc

Appointment of new COO for Welcome Financial Services

Cattles is today pleased to announce the appointment, subject to FSA approval, of Paul Mackin as Chief Operating Officer of its major lending subsidiary, Welcome Financial Services, with effect from 5 June 2009.

Paul joins from Littlewoods Shop Direct Group, where he has been managing director of its Financial Services division, Everyday Financial Solutions since 2006. He has also previously held senior roles with Legal & Trade Financial Services Ltd, a division of New York-based IntelliRisk Management Corp, HFC Bank, Time Retail Finance and GE Capital GCF UK.

Welcoming his appointment, the Chairman of Cattles Norman Broadhurst said: "I am delighted that Paul is joining us. He has over 20 years' experience in consumer financial services and considerable expertise in areas which are core to our business recovery as we continue our current discussions with our banks and debt providers."

And also...

RNS Number : 8128S Cattles PLC 26 May 2009

26 May, 2009

Cattles plc

Retirement of Norman Broadhurst

On 19 May, 2009, the Board of Cattles plc issued an Interim Management Statement incorporating the Group's financial performance for the three months to 31 March 2009 and the financial position as at that date.

In concluding that report, Cattles referred to ongoing discussions with its bankers, bondholders and the holders of its US Private Placement Notes, and stated that its focus remained on working closely with these debt providers to sustain their support for the Group's programme of action to stabilise its financial position.

Core actions include : a controlled process of debt recovery and cash collections; the simplification of the group's operating model to control costs; the consideration of disposals of group businesses and assets; and the appointment of new management from both inside and outside Cattles to key roles, including the appointment of Jamie Smith as interim Financial Director and, as announced separately today, the appointment of Paul Mackin as Chief Operating Officer at Cattles' major lending subsidiary, Welcome Financial Services. The non-executive Chairman of Cattles, Norman Broadhurst, has now indicated to the Board that he will not seek re-appointment as Chairman and as a director of the Company at the forthcoming AGM and a search for a successor has therefore been commenced.

its a good point your making andie, but if the cca 1974 states a cooling off period then surely no matter what contact is made by the customer the finance company should abide by the rules...surely. Is there anything in the cca 1974 to contradict it or legislation of any sort, its just an interesting point you have made...

Mojo - as far as I am aware if the customer breaks this period then that stops the clock as such.

they could fabricate an entry onto the account but then surely they would have to prove it,i.e the letter or time and date of phonecall which an itemised bill would prove them wrong

Rach - it would be for you to prove this is a fabrication - if you can prove this fine but if you can't thats the issue....

Like I say just playing Devils Advocate but I think it's a very hard point to 'prove' they did anything wrong!

Can't see that anyone posted this from yesterday so here goes (apols if already posted)...

26 May, 2009

Cattles plc

Cattles is today pleased to announce the appointment, subject to FSA approval, of Paul Mackin as Chief Operating Officer of its major lending subsidiary, Welcome Financial Services, with effect from 5 June 2009.

Paul joins from Littlewoods Shop Direct Group, where he has been managing director of its Financial Services division, Everyday Financial Solutions since 2006. He has also previously held senior roles with Legal & Trade Financial Services Ltd, a division of New York-based IntelliRisk Management Corp, HFC Bank, Time Retail Finance and GE Capital GCF UK.

Welcoming his appointment, the Chairman of Cattles Norman Broadhurst said: "I am delighted that Paul is joining us. He has over 20 years' experience in consumer financial services and considerable expertise in areas which are core to our business recovery as we continue our current discussions with our banks and debt providers."

Ha ha ha LMAO - Time Retail and HFC - fills you with confidence huh?? :lol:

26 May, 2009

Cattles plc

PANTS!!!:x

GE CAP, FREEMANS, TIME RETAIL...ALL AS BAD AS CATTLES IN MY OPINION.....NO CHANGE FOR THE BETTERE THEN!!!

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

Just what planet are the FSA on, more to the point what are they all smoking???

Snap B-O-2

I've checked my credit report - they are still maliciously desimating mine....but they're about to get that coming back to them.....

Interesting...can you divulge further? Just so i can follow suit ;)

Anyone seen Post today????

3 caggers!! 7 guests!!

Hello Guests

26 May, 2009

Cattles plc

Shouldnt that state..."He has over 20 years experience in ripping off consumers working for shady financial institutions ?"

compliance did not call as promised, well there's a surprise.

guess what they'll get when they do their monthly payment reminder call (2 days before due lol)

Direct Auto Finance & DLC dispute ongoing.

Offer with confidentually agreement from DLC / DAF DECLINED :D

Please PM me if you have any cheap rate or 0800 number for DCA's to add to my list and also to my website

Rach - it would be for you to prove this is a fabrication - if you can prove this fine but if you can't thats the issue....

Like I say just playing Devils Advocate but I think it's a very hard point to 'prove' they did anything wrong!

yeah i get where your comming from,

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4558 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks