Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4557 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Blondbomb

Interest on acceptance fee = unenforceable

hence their sudden 1/2 off offer to you.

I have just found the same thing on mine however mine is a bit different to others I see on here - my agreement is very misleading and on the face of it looks like my contract is enforceable as the acceptance fee is all listed seperately and does not 'look' like it is added in to anything - until you get a statement of price (the court ordered WF to send me that as I am suing them) and then lo and behold you see the interest added on in a monthly payment breakdown - very sneeky Welcome - complained to the FOS about this yesterday as I think they have been deliberatley misleading canx my DD and am just filing in papers to sue them again this time to get all my repayments back.

Hi Andie,

Do you know if the 'statement of price' is a court thing, or something that can be obtained using a SAR? I have a sneaking suspicion that Welcome have charged interest on fees on my partner's agreement.

fix (vb.):

1. to paper over, obscure, hide from public view;

2. to work around, in a way that produces unintended consequences that are worse than the original problem.

Usage: "Vista fixes many of the shortcomings of Windows XP".

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks, will do :)

fix (vb.):

2. to work around, in a way that produces unintended consequences that are worse than the original problem.

I think my SAR has arrived, but I won't find out till tomorrow as it's at my mum's house.

I'm interested to see what they actually have sent me and I'll let you know, especially if this Statement of Price is part of it. If it isn't, I'll be requesting it.

I think that's fine Andie.

They have included it in the loan and interest has been added to this, what's more, you have proof that they can't do this (Wilson v First County Trust). Send it asap!

P.S. Share price is 2.65 :)

good all sent - via email and hard copy in the post - assaulting them on all fronts, I'll give it a couple of weeks if I get nothing i'll file in court - nothing to lose really (except maybe court costs!) but hey ho

Hi all!

Does anyone have any idea where the calculator is to add up the PPI they have charged me and to include the 8% interest?

My time to stike!

Stewie

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/152816-download-ppi-calculator-here.html

I used this one - it's complicated but i got it in the end

Barclays have increased their shares in Cattles......very strange. I wonder if there's something we don't know in the background, or if they may be planning a takeover.

SAR has arrived and guess what, the Acceptance Fee has been included in the credit. The Fee is £75 and they take £1.67 a month of it over a 60 month loan, meaning I'd be paying £100.20. They only wrote back to me a few days ago advising they didn't and that my complaint was void.

Another letter me thinks!

I had issues with them back in December regarding a missing payment that I had already arranged to pay on an alternative date. The local branch phoned me and denied that any arrangement had been made and also accused me of committing fraud. They then charged me for this. I sent a letter of complaint in January also refusing to pay the default charge and heard nothing, I then sent another letter in Feb and still have not heard anything. I am aware that making such an accusation is against the law.

Ben

Edited by BS68

Well I've typed up a letter to send to Welcome's H/O asking for my payments to be returned, along with interest at 8% and for all information to be removed from CRAs immediately. I also accused the Compliance Officer of telling lies as she categorically denied any wrong doing. I wonder what kind of reply I'll get, if any. :lol:

sorry to hijack this thread but so glad i found it, welcome seem to of messed up with me to by adding £75 acceptance fee to total credit so letter on me way to ho, and the court for a stay...things looking brighter today thanks to cag.

also bout 3 yrs ago i had another loan with welcome that i think was secured on a property that was repoed, is it worth my while asking for cca on this as it was quite a substantial loan, and seeing if this was the same agreement..?? advvice appreciated

Edited by tigga_1961

Share price is 2.43 just now.

See: Cattles_

Is this the lowest?

It's their lowest closing price in the last year, but not the lowest - a couple of weeks back (during their second crash) it bottomed out at 1p for a short period ;)

A chap i work with, who is very interested in his stocks and stuff, reckons they are dead in the water.

When are their results due?

fix (vb.):

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4557 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks