Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4596 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ok people

ill not rest until we have cracked this tel number biz

they are to close

sorry but i seem to have lost track of what is going on with this number hunt, would you be kind enough to explain what the objective is and where you are up to so i can try and follow.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

googled the number and name - nothing showing up - i'll keep digging - perhaps we're just overly suspicious :rolleyes:

Kids sleeping and back to catch up:)

I think you are right to be suspicious - thinking about it I still haven't spoken to underwriters this guy is claims???? and as post says still nothing in black and white

sorry but i seem to have lost track of what is going on with this number hunt, would you be kind enough to explain what the objective is and where you are up to so i can try and follow.

sorry Mojo - it's rude when people have a half a forum conversation and half a pm one - basically we have a number that we are trying to track. You know the saying - all roads lead to Welcome :D

sorry Mojo - it's rude when people have a half a forum conversation and half a pm one - basically we have a number that we are trying to track. You know the saying - all roads lead to Welcome :D

dont worry your not being rude, im just worried about losing track.there is obviously a very good reason for covertness

45 days and welcome hasn't complied with my SAR. pls does anyone know how long info com... takes to deal with d report to them and is this ground to put my account in dispute? What do i do in the mean time if Info com takes a while o deal with this?

Also never received a statement from welcome since taking out the loan (2yrs), despite numerous requests for one... anyone know if i have a legal right to this pls?

45 days and welcome hasn't complied with my SAR. pls does anyone know how long info com... takes to deal with d report to them and is this ground to put my account in dispute? What do i do in the mean time if Info com takes a while o deal with this?

Also never received a statement from welcome since taking out the loan (2yrs), despite numerous requests for one... anyone know if i have a legal right to this pls?

yes it's law came into effect a few months ago -Welcome have had my SAR almost 6 months now and not heard a thing - I reported to information commisioner about 4 weeks ago - got an acknowledgement but nothing since

01603 68 numbers are all cable & wireless and we know the ones above are genuine norwich union numbers but we also know welcome is a 68 number :confused: hmmm so no closer really I'll just have to ring it tomorrow and see what i get

Hi Andie,

Im back in the land of the living. Needed a break from just thinking Welcome for a moment there.

Can you PM me the full number. Ill have a poke around a few sites.

Stewie

I need to change my avatar..But cant find a good replacement.

I am sending out copies of my Welcome agreement to a few accounting firms tomorrow. I called a few top name firms today and asked for some expert advice.

I am sure it wont be instant but should give back some good feedback.

I happen to know someone from Delloits who will have a look and give me a break down of what is applicable. Amazing what a few beers will get you!

Stewie

PS: I will post everything they say onto this thread and my own thread that I have neglected for about a week now!

I am sending out copies of my Welcome agreement to a few accounting firms tomorrow. I called a few top name firms today and asked for some expert advice.

I am sure it wont be instant but should give back some good feedback.

I happen to know someone from Delloits who will have a look and give me a break down of what is applicable. Amazing what a few beers will get you!

Stewie

PS: I will post everything they say onto this thread and my own thread that I have neglected for about a week now!

VERY PROACTIVE STEWIE GOOD LUCK

Its all Ok now for me!! I just got a nice letter from one of the ministers sons in Nigeria. Seems he wants to send me $7.5 million and all I have to do is send him my bank details.

Wow I cant believe my luck!!

Ill stick my battle with Welcome for now!

surely you've got welcomes bank details....??? maybe they have customers in nigeria who need it... lol

i thought this thread was difficult to follow but you should try this one.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/171037-multiple-agreements-falling-within.html#post1845581

its got information that could be applicable our agreements if you have ppi or insurance. Again it takes some following but interesting.

looks like broken promises again from gloucs

I have been quietly observing for the last few days, everyone is so well ahead of me, I was taken in by gloucs but her answers to everyones questions even I knew.

lol Stewie, such a laugh on Nigerian money :lol:

now here is something very interesting....

i have just received a new policy schedule from the direct group and i have not even requested it. its the same as the one i already have... i wonder what they are up too

Because of all the CAG member enquiries I imagine they've been burning the midnight oil trying to cover their butts sharpish

The question we had Rom about the acceptance fee has been answered too. Its written in the contract and we signed it so tough.

I don't agree with this as it was also written in Wilson's contract was it not?

could you please explain what a charge certificate is and where i get this from

Hi Biddy

A charge certificate is what Welcome (or anyone who has a legal charge on your property) submits to Land registry. As I have said English/Scottish law differs in secured charges/notices etc. Your property has a title number, generally the abbreviation of your city then a number, this should be on your mortgage documents.

I'm still cloudy on how charges are placed but from what i gather, you need to sign a LEGAL document to give permission for the charge to be placed, this is separate to the CCA. The finance company then submit this to land registry. I'm not entirely sure of the mechanics of how this works as yet.

You can get a copy of your title deeds to see what charges are on them and how they are registered (notices are different to charges) and you can also get a copy of the charge certificate which should include details of what is secured and when. There is a fee for these but could be worth it, I think it was a few pounds for deeds. Contact your land registry, I've found that if I email/call customer service they are quick and helpful. For the charge copy you have to put it in writing so email is best.

Land Registry : We underpin the title to registered land in England and Wales and hold records for land ownership and interests.

This is for England/Wales/Ireland

Registers of Scotland Executive Agency

Scottish one

Good luck, I am gunning for info on how they allow these charges to proceed over different loans without condition...does that mean they can add as much interest or fees to your account on the basis they can take your property? there must be a cap on what they can claim? also worth contacting your 1st mortgage company if you have one. If a charge is placed although not law it is courtesy for them to tell 1st mortgage, Welcome state on their website they won't contact 1st mortgage, this is because depending on circumstances 1st mortgage companies may stop any further loans on property. My 1st mortgage company had never heard of welcome and were astounded at the settlement they wanted, good to have them on side.

I'll post any info I get on this as and when, but get your documents, it may help a lot. Good luck :-)

God! Only been away 24 hours and had 21 pages to read!!!

I'd like some clarification about the interest on the Acceptance Fee as I feel its being overlooked a bit at the moment, especially as there's been a ruling to state it is unlawful.

Firstly, Welcome have twice denied in writing that they have charged interest on the Fee, why would they do this if there's nothing to hide? And due to this, if it's confirmed by the FOS that they have, will the fact they've denied it go against them?

Secondly, as I said before, surely the fact it's written on the agreement doesn't mean it is allowed? That would mean a company could write whatever they like and, because it's on their Agreement, it's OK. Similarly, would this not have been on Wilson's agreement which was challenged?

To answer a couple of posts on here, I notice several caggers have issued SAR requests...if they haven't complied with your request, you need to send a letter headed LETTER BEFORE ACTION, give them 7 days to comply, insert a copy of the original SAR request and the recorded delivery slip, if they don't respond in 7 days then issue court papers immediately where you will be awarded compensation by a judge....

There is a link to a LETTER BEFORE ACTION here... - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/178660-blackheath-loans.html

Hi All,

Its very uplifting and encouraging to see several big Cag posters and site team visiting our thread and giving imput and knowing they are there to jump in when needed is pretty cool and not many threads get this kind of attention! Late this evening I noticed several site team members and some VERY well informed big posters (7000+ posts) all on our thread having a look.

I think we are onto something here with this thread. I just feel sad for Roxy who started this bad boy many many moons ago and I think its been overtaken. Can you imagine the look on her face when she sees 158 pages

Anyhow Im heading off, It has been an interesting day and very productive. A few more of these and we should have something concrete to take back to them they cannot wiggle out of.

Keep the pressure applied and I am confident we will all be rewarded.

Take care

Stewie:wink:

I will state that if there are any insults or sarcastic remarks made here against this person they will be moderated....there are many people on these forums who would give their body parts to get some 'inside' information...it has been known that some will give witness statements in support of claims...some will even risk the anger of an ex/current employer to come to the aid of the consumer....if this person sees insults and stupid comments made against them then that person may think why do I bother, and think that these consumers are just as bad as my ex employer...and just never bother coming on to CAG again......I have issues with Welcome too. Please be patient, and please think before you make irrelevant comments....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4596 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks