Basic Introduction to Consumer Credit litigation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5151 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Many thanks for putting in the time to do this. Clear, straightforward, plain English advice is just what we need. I too will be subscribing for future reference.

Abbey

6/10/06 - £1260 received in bank charges :-D

Lowell

7/2007 alleged debt 1

1/2008 closed file:)

1st Credit

4/2007 alleged debt

7/2007 complaint sent to TS & OFT

1/2008 Mackenzie Hall threatening legal action

2/2008 closed file:)

Lowell

7/2007 alleged debt 2

7/2007 CCA'd

11/2007 complaint sent to TS & OFT :?

Lowell's continue to harass :(

Lowell

6/2008 alleged debt 3

6/2008 CCA'd

Dear Tomterm,

I am so glad to have found this thread, it is a pearl of wisdom, for us less litigant cagger. I found the thread extremely helpful and written in a format that is so easy to digest. I understand it totally, and it will help me so much.

Thank you for your help and support of others:D

If cag gave medals to hero's you would have one:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

• 1 month later...

Tomterm - you've done good and fair postings here. Congratulations.

What I don't see is the possibility of judge bias.

My wife and I, as defendants, dressed appropriately for Court to defend an unpaid bill for poor workmanship.

The claimant had multi-coloured hair, was quite inarticulate, and asked for a recess "to comfort her single-parent child" waiting outside the court.

She (the claimant) returned shortly thereafter breezing self confidence.

The judge, eyes glazed over, said in effect Mr. and Mrs. Vandermerwe look as though they can pay, you obviously need the money for your habit (sorry child).

Van

• 1 month later...

excellent thread

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

I wish to take one of my creditors to court after the 8 week response time is up, and time is up 17th jan 2008, are there any threads that will clue me up legaly, i'm not affraid about going to court, because they have to prove that they sold me PPI product, and they have absolutely no chance of that, i am just in need of a prep guide to ensure i know what games they play in a court of law, and that i've got everything i need.

Any advice is good advice as it is more than i know now.

Regards

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

TRY THE LIBRARY FOR THE TEMPLATES YOU THINK YOU NEED

PPI if you have claimed on your PPI i think their is still room to claim against being mis sold for the fact we almost all were of the beleif at the time it would clear the debt...sadly this was not happening when it came to the small print it was not always apparent that they only paid a percentage

patrickq1

Actually Partick, I too had an insurance lopped onto a loan account which on a £13k loan on a 5yr period added nearly £6k in insurance. I had no choice at the time. I did claim for 12mnths which was the limit whilst ill and got £404 per month paid on the loan, but I still feel miffed at the rip off but don't feel I can claim because I made a claim myself..maybe I should.

i think you will find that being of a beleif then that the bill would be cleared because of the PPI is enough to raise doubts and also is open to the mis selling of this product,considering the price that the banks and finance charge which can be as much as three times or even double the normal limit you would pay,secondly when and if you dealt with an independant insurer they would explain all the ins and out ,where as banks poin t yo to a PPI that will pay upto about 15000 making it seem like you are totally covered so even if you already claimed your payments this in no way satisfies yourself so your claim that it was mis sold...patrickq1

• 2 weeks later...

I received a citaion recently staing TBI had an assignation from Liverpool Victoria for a debt I owed amounting to circa £6500. I submitted a time to pay and a letter stating that TBI did not have the correct address for me on file to which they supposedly had sent the confirmation of assignation. I accepted acknowledgement to he debt owed to LV but as intimated had not received correspondence from TBI . Will the court enforce this litigation?????

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a bit gutted that you dont get to meet Judge John Deed!

All comments are well meant but i am not legally qualified only CAG educated:D

In the slight chance i have been helpful please click the scales:)

• 1 month later...

Tom great thread

re post 8 on this thread......

Establish that they sent a default notice in the proper format

The following information must be contained in the default notice:

i a description of the agreement sufficient to identify it

ii the name and a postal address of the trader

iii the name and a postal address of the customer

iv a statement that the notice is a default notice served under section 81(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974

we have a simple reading error obviously you meant to say section 87(1) and not section 81(1)

this thread is so good i would suggest you all paste it into your home page on this site for easy reference far more permanent than a bookmark or adding to your favourites

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

yeah, that was just a typo. Fixed it.

Thanks for the compliment... the thread is in the wiki as well.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the info, I received a Court Claim two dys ago, do I send the reuest for information letter to (a) the claimant (who is the original creditor - TSB) (b) the dca or © the claimants solicitor (Sechiari C&M)

Nat West - £16k debt - settled f&f £4k

Cap One - £8.5k debt - settled f&f £2.1k

Egg - £15.5k debt - settled f&f £3.9k

Lloyds Tsb - £5k debt - settled f&f £1.2k (Lit)

Barclaycard - £10.8k - lost agreement

£39k of debt still to go!

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the info, I received a Court Claim two dys ago, do I send the reuest for information letter to (a) the claimant (who is the original creditor - TSB) (b) the dca or © the claimants solicitor (Sechiari C&M)

Hi,

You'd really be better off starting your own thread, as your questions will get lost on here;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

The name and address for service of documents which is on the court claim. this is normally the solictor.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This might be a basic Consumer Credit Question:

If an agreement is found to be a multiple agreement because 2 categories of credit per CCA need to be found in the type of credit within that agreement, would or could one of those categories be an ' exempt' agreement? ie: an amount which is classified an exempt agreement in line with say s.16 CCA

Also, If an agreement is deemed unenforceable as a result of a wrongly constructed credit /Loan agreement would it be only the 'regulated elements' that are unenforceable and not the unregulated parts?

Thanks