walton v rbos

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4851 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i understood some of it already.

But the bank are confusing me with all the different stories they are coming out with i mean do they intend on claiming back this interest or are they going to write it off. Have they ever appologised to you and ammended anything you asked them to ammend before this went public?

They really need to have one story and stick to it.

Chrissi

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i understood some of it already.

But the bank are confusing me with all the different stories they are coming out with i mean do they intend on claiming back this interest or are they going to write it off. Have they ever appologised to you and ammended anything you asked them to ammend before this went public?

They really need to have one story and stick to it.

Chrissi

The bank are in a mess from the board room down to their legal dept, this is why they are spewing out complete bull****.

I have asked the bank to close the falsified accounts - but they refuse.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

what a suprise they refused to do as asked.

well they will have few choices now wont they.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

what a suprise they refused to do as asked.

well they will have few choices now wont they.

One of their misleading statements to my MP was both accounts remain open as a vehicle to collect my £38.00 monthly payment, in which my MP responded by saying "why should two Capital and interest loan accounts remain open to collect Mr Walton's monthly payment.

The bank is an utter disgrace.

Paul

Winston Churchill

Thinking back to when I worked in the banks as a Financial Adviser in the early 90's, this 'moving' of debt accounts went on all the time. Although I wasn't involved in day to day banking, I did keep my ear to the ground as to what things went on.

I clearly remember a case of a high overdraft on one account, where the account holder was not repaying anything or was not in a position to repay it.

The branches were put under pressure to keep dormant overdrafts to a minimum. Branch managers were targetted on their 'net balances' of the branch . A large dormant overdraft would have an effect on the net balance of the branch and would leave the manager open to some awkwad questioning from head office.

At the same time, they were targetted on sales of personal loans.

So what do you think happened to large dormant overdrafts???

It was a case of branch managers killing two birds with the one stone. Net balances increased due to the 'removal' of the overdraft and the lending book increased towards their sales target.

All this was done as a 'paper exercise' without the knowledge of the debtor, and no consideration given to the CCA or any repercussions. If the fantasy loan wasn't repaid, then the banks went for judgement, and the poor debtor in those days who didn't know their rights were screwed.

The reverse also happened, where current accounts were opened and put into overdraft, and unauthorised overdrafts were increased if the branch had a good net balance figure - to cover the fact that a loan granted had not been repaid, as the manager would also be questioned about loans with 2 or more consecutive missed repayments. This would make it look like a PL granted by the manager, was continuing to be repaid every month and would not show up on any reports. The overdraft would not be questioned for some time if the branch had a good net balance figure. Again these new accounts were set up without the knowledge of the debtor. I suppose money laundering regulations have made this more difficult now? Or maybe not?

We are aware that this has been happening but this is the 1st time we have had it confirmed by a former insider

Duncan would you be prepared to explain it again personally to other interested parties? If so PM me or Paul & if not perhaps you could speak to either of us in the strictest of confidence

We are aware that this has been happening but this is the 1st time we have had it confirmed by a former insider

Duncan would you be prepared to explain it again personally to other interested parties? If so PM me or Paul & if not perhaps you could speak to either of us in the strictest of confidence

I've PMd Duncan my contact number.

Paul

Winston Churchill

Yes Paul Suggest you assure him of complete anonymity if he asks

Yes, i've made this clear in my PM.

To quote My MP "The tip of a banking ice-berg"

Paul

Winston Churchill

Thinking back to when I worked in the banks as a Financial Adviser in the early 90's, this 'moving' of debt accounts went on all the time. Although I wasn't involved in day to day banking, I did keep my ear to the ground as to what things went on.

This has happened in my case, challenging personal loan agreement with Barclays and I was checking the online balance regularly - once the claim was issued, this appeared on the account transactions;

11/12/2007

Credit £1,770.98

TFR TO RECOVERIES C F (P)

I now don't know what the outstanding balance is, or what is happening with interest.

I may send a new S.A.R. to see exactly what is going on now.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/110184-car2403-barclays-bank-default-4.html#post1284482

This has happened in my case, challenging personal loan agreement with Barclays and I was checking the online balance regularly - once the claim was issued, this appeared on the account transactions;

I now don't know what the outstanding balance is, or what is happening with interest.

I may send a new S.A.R. to see exactly what is going on now.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/110184-car2403-barclays-bank-default-4.html#post1284482

How many people are paying overdrafts and personal loans off at reduced rates going back a number of years. I have spoken with other caggers who feel they have been stitched up regarding the amount owing after making monthly payments over many years.

My advice is to forward a full SAR

Paul

Winston Churchill

I'm sure all will be revealed in the next couple of weeks (or less) & when it is it will be posted for all to see -

What I can say is that the alleged practises that have been uncovered don't just apply to one bank - others may also be involved - & its mind blowing - in fact had I not seen some of the evidence with my own eyes, even with what I know about the banks now, I wouldn't have believed it possible.

We knew something wasn't right - for example why would they need to set up internal capital & interest accounts if their intention was only to collect a defaulted debt? - Why would it be necessary to include the banks T's & C's. Don't their employees already know their T's C's?

Their common excuse when confronted is that's it's a big mistake & the wrong documents have been sent out - We thought it a possible device to minimise tax - but the allegations are a lot worse than that as you will all see very soon

In addition it's alleged that when they have used those, by now much inflated, capital & interest accounts when suing debtors their excuse is again it's all a mistake & the wrong papers where attached to the claim the debtor should ignore them etc etc

It's worth noting that in one such case the wrong documents excuse was only used when the well informed & educated debtor disputed the amounts & the documents being used to support the issued claim.

In other words everything, but only when questioned repeatedly, is a mistake - I'm sure everyone will agree that for a financial institution, such as a bank to make so many 'mistake's really is worrying - this makes us wonder how many undetected allegedly incorrect & inflated claims may have gone before

any idea on what time guys?

My case is being aired on BBC Radio Sheffield between 5 and 6 tonight.

I think we'll see some interesting developments over the next few weeks.

Paul

Winston Churchill

My MP has just stated on Radio Sheffield that he is to request a face to face meeting with the bank's senior management. It seems more victims have been in contact with my MP since the Guardian Article. He also took a swipe at the regulatory bodies.

Paul

Winston Churchill

My MP has just stated on Radio Sheffield that he is to request a face to face meeting with the bank's senior management. It seems more victims have been in contact with my MP since the Guardian Article. He also took a swipe at the regulatory bodies.

Paul

Hi,

This is getting better all the time!!!:)

Jeff.

is there a link to the radio broadcast?

The one on at luch time seemed to have cut loads out.

Are u sure this came on l have just listened to the repeat of the programme and it did not mention anything.

They seem to be playing what was recorded on friday as they were going on about the contestants for the eurovision song contest.

and the antiques road show which was broadcast last night.