• Tweets

• where? reflection of a sign on the bonnet but no PCN yellow env... W3 SAR documents v2.pdf
    • They didn't turn up because they knew they would lose so they saved the cost of sending a brief saving them a couple of hundred pounds at least. But still a big relief for you now that it's all over . So congratulations plus you can enjoy your trip that much more. 
    • I will try again...................... Even at my age there is quite clearly a PCN envelope by the windscreen wipers on your car on some of the photos.  But as I said in the IPC letter, that is not the dispute. The dispute is that CPM sent you the second PCN on the 28 th day of the issue date of the first PCN. It should not have been sent until the day AFTER the original PCN was issued. Therefore they broke the Act, they breached the IPC Code of Conduct and their agreement with the DVLA. It is something that the IPC cannot ignore since to do so will bring the ICO down on them and the DVLA should ban CPM from getting data from them once they know if the ICO do nothing. The minimum I expect is that your PCN will be cancelled. But it is up to you. I have given you the details, you have copies of both PCNs sent to you on the sar  with all  the relevant dates. 
    • Apply for an HM Armed Forces Veteran Card   An HM Armed Forces Veteran Card is a way to prove that you served in the UK armed forces. The card can make it quicker and easier to apply for support as a veteran. It’s free to apply. You can currently only apply for a Veteran Card if you have a UK address. Veterans who do not have a UK address will be able to apply later this year. READ MORE HERE: Apply for an HM Armed Forces Veteran Card - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK Apply for an armed forces veteran card to prove that you served in the UK armed forces.
    • The Private Parking Code of Parking has been postponed as the poor dears are frightened that thew will all go out of business once it becomes Law. We all wish but nothing could be further from the truth so doubtless most of them will have to change their ways if they don't want to be removed as approved parking companies. Thank you for still retaining and producing the original PCN which, no surprise, fails to comply with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4. [It even states the vehicle "breeched" the terms  when it was the driver that allegedly breached the terms}. It fails to specify the Parking Period and whilst it does show the arrival and departure ANPR times on the photographs [that I cannot read] they do not include how long you actually parked nor was it specified on the Notice  [photos don't count]. So that means that you spent even less time parked though it would help had you not blocked out the dates and times, so good if you could please include them on your next  post. Pofa  asks the driver to pay the charge S( [2][b] which your PCN doesn't though they do ask the keeper to pay.and they have missed out theses words in parentheses S9[2][f] ii)  (ii)the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver, the creditor will (if all the applicable conditions under this Schedule are met) have the right to recover from the keeper so much of that amount as remains unpaid; All of those errors mean that the cannot transfer the charge from the driver to the keeper. Only the driver is now responsible . What a rubbish Claim Form -doesn't even give the date of the event which it should.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Barney2002 VS HSBC - Round one!!

barney2002
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6484 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Definately an inspiriation and your selfless enough to help others out too! well in Barney!!

When i have my day and the dust is settled and i have MY money back in MY pocket i will be writing a cheque to this site for being good enough not to try and charge the people using it for some easy money! Oh no, hold up, that's the bank's job....

Good Luck Barney we're all rooting for you!

Al.

Thanks for all the kind words guys - much appreciated.

Anyway, back to business - GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY!!!

:p :p :p :p :p

Barney2002 - If you want to see how I got my money back, click http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/11376-barney2002-hsbc-round-one.html.

HSBC

15/08/06 - £4955 paid in full from HSBC!!!!!!! 'Ave it!!

OTHERS

04/08 - Conf rec'd from Capital One - sending statements

07/08 - Conf rec'd from Tesco Finance - sending statements,29/08 sent prelim for £282

10/08 - Conf rec'd MBNA - sending statements.02/09 prelim for £437

10/08 - Conf rec'd Morgan Stanley - need to send ID - sent 11/08,rec'd letter offering £96(rejecting), 02/09 prelim for £220- Rec'd £240 few days ago.

If any advice I give is helpful then please hit the scales - Top Right. Thank you.

** For Every bed I sell to a CAG Forum member, I will donate £50 to the CAG **

Visit my site for the full range of Hand Forged Beds at

www.classicsiniron.co.uk

Received the 'Notice of Issue' from the court yesterday. Issued on the 25th July deemed to be served on the 30th July. Defendant has until 13th August to reply.

Let's see what they come up with - probably the usual low offer followed by the full amount. I hope anyway!!!

Keep you posted.

Barney2002 - If you want to see how I got my money back, click http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/11376-barney2002-hsbc-round-one.html.

HSBC

OTHERS

07/08 - Conf rec'd from Tesco Finance - sending statements,29/08 sent prelim for £282

10/08 - Conf rec'd Morgan Stanley - need to send ID - sent 11/08,rec'd letter offering £96(rejecting), 02/09 prelim for £220- Rec'd £240 few days ago.

If any advice I give is helpful then please hit the scales - Top Right. Thank you.

www.classicsiniron.co.uk

Feeling bored, changed Avatar - still no word from DG!!

HSBC

OTHERS

www.classicsiniron.co.uk

Hi Barney,

I have only just sent of my SAR, so am quite a way behind you but your thread (and comments by others) has really inspired me, and made me deterind to see it through to the end. Going by my online statements back to 2001 i have been charged £3000, and i've still to add on 1998-2000!!

Good luck with your claim

HSBC

Full offer received and accepted 03/10/06

MCOL issued 01/09/06 Claim now up to 3715.85

Offered £1900 as full and final settlement - Declined

Claiming £2844.5 + £201.35 interest = £3045.85

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 27/7/06

Frustrated at waiting, Prelim sent 03/8/06

LBA sent 17/8/06

Halifax

Prelim sent 28/09/06 caliming £345.00

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 23/8/06

Debs, you can only claim back up to 6 years so only back to 2000 not 1998.

Have you started your own thread yet???

Glad to hear you will be getting a good amount back - just takes a little patience.

Good luck!!!

HSBC

OTHERS

www.classicsiniron.co.uk

Received Acknowledgment of service from the court to confirm DG Solicitors intend to defend the claim - surprise, surprise!!. Wonder how many days it will be before I get my offer. This will give them a further 28 days to gather a defense - which we know they cannot do (Bless!)

Keep you posted gang!!

HSBC

OTHERS

www.classicsiniron.co.uk

Received letter from DG solicitors yesterday asking for the breakdown of charges (I was expecting that), will be sending today by recorded.

Offer not too far away???

HSBC

OTHERS

www.classicsiniron.co.uk

Offer not too far away???

I wouldn't have thought so - I got the paper rom the court saying DG would defend it 28.07.2006, then a letter dated 01.08.2006 I got on 02.08.2006 offering me a full settlement!! :D

Hope your's is that quick too!

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

Hi all, sorry for any delay in getting back to people but had some registration problems - now sorted.

Today (10th) I have received an offer letter for the full amount of £4955.03!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will be sending this back with the confidentiality bit crossed through and hope to have the money in my account shortly.

To any people who thought it would not work for them, please read my thread and follow the steps as laid out in FAQ's etc.. it does work.

A donation will be made to the site and I will continue my offer as stated below from my business. Now it is time to start on the credit cards of which 3 out of 4 have replied to my Data Protection Act request and sending the info.

Wish me luck:cool: (although I don't really need it!!)

HSBC

OTHERS

www.classicsiniron.co.uk

congrats barney well done

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)

Wish me luck:cool: (although I don't really need it!!)

Welldone you! I'm impressed, didn't we start about the same time & look at you now!

£5K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank-you for your detailed reply your right, at the end of the day why wait any longer?! About the default -was just going to take a guess that they have issued one and include the red writing to that affect. ?

Surely it won't matter if they haven't issued one-no harm done they just won't need to remove it in the first place, yea? To be honest finding default notice is a hassle, can't I just guess and get this ball a' rollin

p.s your wisdom is needed closes versus the local bank

Absolutely fantastic!

Congratulations!:D

HSBC claim £1000

22/08/06 prelim letter sent recorded delivery

24/08/06 prelim letter received

Nothing heard so...

07/09/06 LBA sent recorded delivery

08/09/06 LBA received

14/09/06 partial offer (£850) made

14/09/06 letter sent saying would accept as partial payment only (recorded)

19/09/06 full offer made - writing back to say will accept cheque only

Hi Guys, spoke to HSBC about further charges that have been applied and told to write in for them again which I will do. At the same time the lady told me that the money from my claim should be in my account tomorrow.

Yippeeeeee!!!!!

Let you know if it arrives!

HSBC

OTHERS

www.classicsiniron.co.uk

Money in my Account today!!!!!!:D :D :D

Bring on the credit cards!!!:eek:

To anybody who is unsure of doing this - I claimed for nearly 5K and won, so can you!!!

HSBC

OTHERS

www.classicsiniron.co.uk

To the Mods and site helpers, huge thank you - you know who you are!!!

Survey completed and donation made!

• Confused 1

HSBC

OTHERS

www.classicsiniron.co.uk