Barney2002 VS HSBC - Round one!!

barney2002
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6459 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Firstly, I would like to thank all of the Moderators, Higher account holders and of course Dave for setting up this wonderful site!. People who give up there valualble?? valuable :-) time to help others deserve to be rewarded in Heaven or at least shown a good time in Hell!!.

This is the start of my claim against HSBC. I already had all of my statements (filed by my ever efficient wife!) and have totalled the charges on my 2 main accounts to £3759. I have written by initial request letter for the charges back and will deliver that by hand to my local branch on Monday morning with the beakdown included. Within that letter, I have also included the wonderful phrase of 'manual intervention' to see if they can produce anything and at least get it mentioned as I did not have to request my statements (thought it could not do any harm). I have not included any interest charges as the figure I am claiming for is high enough and they can keep this for all of the times i did overspend!

The beauty of this site is that it is run by people who do not want to simply have a go at the banks but only fight for what is right. We probably all agree that if we go over an agreed O/D limit then we could pay a penalty, and if that penalty was £2 - £3 for an automatic letter (or no letter/call at all) to be sent then fair enough we have been 'punished', but to charge £25 - £35 plus for this is disgusting and HSBC don't even break down the charge only calling it Total Charges. Banking is a business and it has to make money as we all do but I think we all agree they are making far too much from the people who cannot really afford it and this is our chance to make a stand and hopefully attract the Governments attention so they can stop this at the source (although the banks will put up a mighty fight and the powers that be will probably back down - terrified without the banks support come election day).

Anyway, enough of my 'babble' and on with the cause......;)

Wish me good luck!!

I will keep you informed.........

• Confused 1

Barney2002 - If you want to see how I got my money back, click http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/11376-barney2002-hsbc-round-one.html.

HSBC

15/08/06 - £4955 paid in full from HSBC!!!!!!! 'Ave it!!

OTHERS

04/08 - Conf rec'd from Capital One - sending statements

07/08 - Conf rec'd from Tesco Finance - sending statements,29/08 sent prelim for £282

10/08 - Conf rec'd MBNA - sending statements.02/09 prelim for £437

10/08 - Conf rec'd Morgan Stanley - need to send ID - sent 11/08,rec'd letter offering £96(rejecting), 02/09 prelim for £220- Rec'd £240 few days ago.

If any advice I give is helpful then please hit the scales - Top Right. Thank you.

** For Every bed I sell to a CAG Forum member, I will donate £50 to the CAG **

Visit my site for the full range of Hand Forged Beds at

www.classicsiniron.co.uk

Thanks for the welcome guys and the offers of support. Keep you posted......:D

p.s I do like your 'icons' by your names v.cool 8-) and yes I will be donating if I win!!

Barney2002 - If you want to see how I got my money back, click http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/11376-barney2002-hsbc-round-one.html.

HSBC

OTHERS

07/08 - Conf rec'd from Tesco Finance - sending statements,29/08 sent prelim for £282

10/08 - Conf rec'd Morgan Stanley - need to send ID - sent 11/08,rec'd letter offering £96(rejecting), 02/09 prelim for £220- Rec'd £240 few days ago.

If any advice I give is helpful then please hit the scales - Top Right. Thank you.

www.classicsiniron.co.uk

Found out how to do the 'icon' thing!!

What do ya reckon?? Sorry for adding to thread couldn't help myself!:roll:

HSBC

OTHERS

www.classicsiniron.co.uk

Hi Guys, have just dropped my initial letter of request for refund to my local branch by hand. Felt quite good to get the process going. Let's see what they come up with.

To be continued........................:p

HSBC

OTHERS

www.classicsiniron.co.uk

Quick note, spoke to HSBC today to confirm my letter is being dealt with (and was not lost in branch) and they confirm it is going through the system and should get a reply within 5 working days.

HSBC

OTHERS

www.classicsiniron.co.uk

Quick note, spoke to HSBC today to confirm my letter is being dealt with (and was not lost in branch) and they confirm it is going through the system and should get a reply within 5 working days.

Sorry Barney, I don't like pointing out typos (and don't usually do it, especially in public) but you appear to have typed days instead of weeks!

LOL

Good luck

OC

LOL! You're probably right!! Keep you all posted.

HSBC

OTHERS

www.classicsiniron.co.uk

Sitting tight until first deadline!

HSBC

OTHERS

www.classicsiniron.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let you guys know, the first 14 days has passed yesterday and no reply at all from HSBC (God love 'em!). Sending LBA tomorrow (first opportunity I've had). Will keep you all posted.

HSBC

OTHERS

www.classicsiniron.co.uk

ok, just to let you know, i got my money today (well offer of anyway), so there is light at the end of the tunnel

keep on trucking :cool:

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

:D Good luck Barney. I have just sent by Data Protection Act request to HSBC for 2 accounts.......bring it on!!!!!!!:D

:D Rachel;)

HSBC - Joint Account - £2,630 - Pre lim Letter Sent

LBA Sent 25th July

MCOL submitted 9th August!!

Offered 2775.27 !!!!! will be accepting!

HSBC - Sole Account - Pre-Lim sent 24th July

LBA Letter sent 8th August

MCOL filed 5th Sept

HSBC - Closed Account - Awaiting on statements, not even recevied 1 !! now 3 weeks on still not 1 statement!!

Received statements

Hi all, just to let you know I have had no word from HSBC from my initial letter but I was not expecting much!.

LBA was given to branch today by hand and receipt received (although they had to sign one I took with me - they looked a bit clueless :? with regards this request)

Since my initial letter they have imposed more charges so I have added these to the spreadsheet and shown this in the LBA as well as including a new copy of the breakdown.

Claim now stands at £4079.00 (lovely!!)

Anyway, it's there now and the wait goes on!!:D

Keep ya posted!!!!!:cool:

HSBC

OTHERS

www.classicsiniron.co.uk

Mornin', received a letter today from Colin Langdale (Senior Service (or lack of) Quality Officer) basically saying 'charges are justified - go to the Ombudsman, yada yada yada .......':p

Well we all know about that one. Anyway the second letter was handed in yesterday so I am sticking to my schedule and entering round two (ding ding).

Not long now!!

HSBC

OTHERS

www.classicsiniron.co.uk

Must add, thanks for the words of support guys!!

HSBC

OTHERS

www.classicsiniron.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let all know that the 14 days from delivering the LBA is up on Wednesday and had no reply from HSBC as of yet but we all know they leave it till the last minute (if at all) so not worrying. I will give them until thursday to reply and then file my online claim.

Can anybody tell me approx cost for this (Moneyclaim) for a £4079 claim??. May need to borrow money from the misses to pay for it!!:rolleyes: I've read it somewhere but can't remember (£120 perhaps??)

Thanks guys.

:D

HSBC

OTHERS

www.classicsiniron.co.uk

Hi guys, just to let you know I have had no response at all from HSBC with regards to my LBA letter so I shall be submitting my online claim tonight.:eek:

Keep you posted.

;)

HSBC

OTHERS

www.classicsiniron.co.uk

Good luck Barney - looks like things have gone smoothly for you so far - here's to a swift resolution. (That is a LOT of money you're talking about :shock: )

I'm a few weeks and a couple of stages behind you. :)

Hi Guys, did not manage to get my online claim done on Thursday, had to wait until this morning to get the money for the fee!!.

Anyway, claim gone in today for £4955 :o inc the £120 costs and interest.

Keep you posted, have still had no other word from HSBC. Just to think they could have settled to me straight away for £3700 and now it has grown to nearly £5k - what a bunch of muppets :p and they reckon it is not financially viable to go to court but it's okay to play the waiting game. They can't even saves themselves any money let alone their customers. What an example to set to us all!!!

Waiting for the final knockout!!:cool:

BYEEEEEEEE!!!!!

HSBC

OTHERS

www.classicsiniron.co.uk