Dispirited v Moorcroft

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6168 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Six working days ago (11 July) I sent a CCA request to Moorcroft. I know they've received it because all telephone calls suddenly ceased. Amazing result! Their 12 days are up next Thursday, 26th ( sooner if Saturday is classed as a working day... :) )

However, this morning I received a 'Notice of Intended Litigation' and the debt has been loaded with £216 charges in one week.

Just wanted verification really, do I sit tight and wait for the 12 working days to be up - and then do I give them a further 30 days before my next move?

Cheers. :)

Hi Curlyben

It's def a Morecrap letter from their Stockport address. They're telling me to send payment of £1665.81 in full by July 23rd and write '...if you do not respond we will assume you are purposely avoiding payment and will take the necessary steps to secure settlement which may include legal action...'

They also say they've searched the Land Registry and believe I may have an interest in my address. (Somehow I don't believe their porky pies.)

It's signed A J Martin, Debt Recovery Manager.

---

If the CCA isn't forthcoming Curlyben, what's my next step? Do I do nothing and wait another 30 days?

Thanks for your help.

No worries, that's what we're here for.

If they go ver the 12+month then it's time to get in touch with Trading Standards.

Now the best way to approach this is wait til the deadline passes and Moorcack demands payment, then get TS involved.

There's NO point in reporting bang on the deadline without any further action from the DCA as TS may think you are simply trying to dodge this "debt".

Now if you can show TS that Morrcrap are avoiding their legal responsabilities with the CCA, then you have more ammo for a proper complaint.

Make sure you keep everything documented and logged.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Six working days ago (11 July) I sent a CCA request to Moorcroft. I know they've received it because all telephone calls suddenly ceased. Amazing result! Their 12 days are up next Thursday, 26th ( sooner if Saturday is classed as a working day... :) )

However, this morning I received a 'Notice of Intended Litigation' and the debt has been loaded with £216 charges in one week.

Just wanted verification really, do I sit tight and wait for the 12 working days to be up - and then do I give them a further 30 days before my next move?

Cheers. :)

Here's a good letter to send in response to NoIL... (tt8's letter!)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/68852-ltsb-no-agreement-cca-7.html#post980431

Read on after the direct link and u'll see it had them run a mile!! :cool:

Good luck, Dave.

• Haha 1

Update. CCAd Moorcroft on 11th, received reply this morning - they've forwarded CCA request and my £1 to their client. Guess it's a waiting game?

If they've had to forward the CCA request to their client... then Moorcroft couldn't take you to court in their own right anyway. Note the "we may" take you to court sentence on one of ther letters...:cool:

Moorcroft are one of mine.... you have had the standard blah so far. A J Martin must be getting on a bit now.... he's been on the bottom of letters for years.

:)

Hi Dispirited. Moorcroft had my Littlewoods account quite recently. After the CCA request they wrote to say they had asked client for agreement. The next thing i knew, Littlewoods were writing to say the account was closed ;)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Hi Hopeful, thanks for that. Mine's with NatWest so it will be interesting to see what happens as I've sent them an SAR. Fingers crossed eh. The original debt was around 800, it's now nearly 1,700 because of charges. Incredible. :rolleyes: