Is this a real office? (Link Financial)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4835 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We're trying to see whether Link Financial's Registered Address (89 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7TP) is a real address or not? We've tried looking on Multimap, but it looks like it's on the edge of the road??

We sent a CCA request there (London) on 7th July by special delivery. Having received another letter from them this morning, from their Caerphilly PO Box address (Link Financial Ltd, PO Box 107, Caerphilly, CF83 9AD), saying we haven't been in contact (we're paying them through Payplan), we checked on the Royal Mail Track and Trace, and the reply we got (given that this letter was sent special delivery 10 days ago) was:

"Come back later

Your item has reached the delivery office and is out for delivery.

We can confirm that your item left the delivery office this morning and should arrive shortly if it hasn’t been delivered already"

This makes no sense, despite the postal strikes it should have reached them some time ago - we're wondering if this Registered Office actually exists?

The £1 cheque hasn't been cashed. In this morning's letter they're threatening either County Court or 'selling (our) account to an external agency who will take the appropriate action to recover the outstanding balance.'

Does anybody know if there is an office at 89 Albert Embankment? Reading other posts Lambeth Court seems to be the one that appears to 'favour' Link Financial, and the 89 Albert Embankment address is in Lambeth... Could use some help on this please because I've been reading other posts about their tactics and it's sickening. If our Special delivery is still out 'being delivered' it suggests that there's no-one there to receive it, or perhaps Royal Mail is having problems locating the address?

Smelling a rat here. A lot of rats.

(We sent the CCA request in response to a Postcard from them saying (with our case number on the front of the postcard) "Please call Helen urgently on..." When we phoned they said they had rejected the payment offer from Payplan. We wouldn't give our phone number (it's ex-directory) so the 'agent' (surprisingly 'Helen' was out of the office!!;-) ) said their team would be in touch with suggestion of alternative payments. I expect this is the letter they meant! :mad: )

Hope this makes sense. Thanks - any help appreciated! :)

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Spookily, the head office of the organisation I work for is on Albert Embankment, and I am reasonably familiar with it.

No. 89 is an office block that is full of small offices, but which is also used as an accommodation address and mail processing centre for many companies and organisations - notably charities. So, yes, the place exists, but Link probably don't have any real presence there.

I have been dealing with Link - the address I have is PO box 30095

London

SE1 7WU.

When I sent my CCA request, I also checked on the post office website and got a similar message to yours. I think because they operate from a PO box they don't sign for letters. They didn't reply to me until they were well into the default and said they required 30 days to supply the CCA - that was a couple of months ago and they still haven't got it.

Even after the default they still tried to chase me, I sent them a letter telling them they were in default and haven't heard anything since.

It sounds like your last letter from them might have crossed in the post - but it could be one of their delaying tactics, or to get you to phone and say something you shouldn't (especially if they don't have the CCA)- don't ever phone them, everything in writing only!

If you use the search facility on this site and look up Link you will see that they get up to all sorts of delaying tactics. It is up to you whether you just sit back and wait or not. But for the sake of a couple of pounds it might be worth sending a CCA request to each address and keep the postage receipts, just in case they try to deny getting you letters.

Good luck.

Guest Fallenangel

Hi, just been looking at my paper work regarding LINK. I have the address...

R/O Camelford House

87/90 Albert Embankment

London.

and

PO box 30095

London

SE1 7WU

also [email protected] whos for a round of nice annonymous emails to the lovely peeps at link???? :grin:

• 1 year later...

What about sending them to their Caerphilly address.

Couriers like DHL don't deliver to post box address.

Try:

Link Financial

Unit 5

Trecenydd Business Park

Caerphilly

CF83 2RZ

029 20808606

The problem with Registered Offices is that they are not always the Head Office or even manned by their staff. A business RO can be an accountant's office address.

Edited by OnMyWayOut

It is nevertheless the address to which documents must be sent - the address 'for the service of documents'.

For example, the annual returns etc. required by Companies House are sent to the registered office. In the case of 'brass plate' companies (like Link apparently) there must be someone there to deal with the mail or forward it on.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Guest forgottenone
The problem with Registered Offices is that they are not always the Head Office or even manned by their staff. A business RO can be an accountant's office address.

Or - God forbid any reputable DCA/creditor should ever do such things ... shock, horror :D - a dead letter drop. ;)

That would be illegal. But lots of things happen that are illegal....

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Guest blackie

I have actually had a reply from this office, I sent a recorded delivery letter about 2 months ago and eventually got a reply. I also have problems with Link they have a charging order on my property but they have been unable to provide me with a signed Credit Agreement, they insist that I have to go through MBNA for everything. I am now beginning to feel that there is no way I can get this order removed. Can anyone help:x

• 2 months later...

I posted this on another thread:

Link.jpg

Behold! The building that houses Link's registered office address. It happens to be very close to my head office, so when I was last there I took the opportunity to take a quick pic. Lurking round the entrance, it seems that it is the r/o address of many companies.

I have actually had a reply from this office, I sent a recorded delivery letter about 2 months ago and eventually got a reply. I also have problems with Link they have a charging order on my property but they have been unable to provide me with a signed Credit Agreement, they insist that I have to go through MBNA for everything. I am now beginning to feel that there is no way I can get this order removed. Can anyone help:x

Put a application in on a n224. On the order ask the court to order and that if within 21 days this is not produced then the charging order is removed. Then o this basis you could eventually get the ccj removed as well. Time is of the essence here. I would use it to my full advantage.

So whats cooking today ?

The above picture is of the old GLC mortgage department, 45+ years ago.

Interestingly enough although Link's registered office is stated as being the above:-

89 Abert Embankment, LINK state that their Headquarters are in;

Dublin, Eire; The Republic of Ireland!

To have a company in Eire, it is necessary to have an Irish Director.

AC

Spookily, the head office of the organisation I work for is on Albert Embankment, and I am reasonably familiar with it.

No. 89 is an office block that is full of small offices, but which is also used as an accommodation address and mail processing centre for many companies and organisations - notably charities. So, yes, the place exists, but Link probably don't have any real presence there.

There are so many companies/societies etc at Camelford House, including the Benefits Office.

Looks as though Link may be on the 10th floor?

AC

• 2 years later...

The REAL address... yes that's right folks, straight from the mouth of one of links employees, here is the real non-po-box address for their office:

Link Financial

5 Trecenydd Busines Park

Caerphilly

CF83 9BX

seeing as the postcode and town are the same as the po box it is likely the po box is in the same building... but at least we now all know where they are.

Also... just for the record, the london office most people refer to is the same company but the one I just listed is purely setup to handle student loans.