Olden v Barclays Bank

olden
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5972 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK thanks again Stone and Slick, you are brilliant, right about the moral issue, quite frankly thats what keeps us going with this, if only this country could be run by people who stand up for moral issues and honesty, it is now corrupt from the top down( sorry didn't mean to get started);) ;)

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Olden,

Can you have a look here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/117342-urgent-you-suffering-hardship.html

If you think you have anything to offer, please do so to help yourself and others.

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Don't think the offer's anything to do with your circumstances.

Send your details if you want.

Slick

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Olden,

"Bank previously has made an offer to settle"

This is referring to cases where bank made offer to settle and then failed to do so. Not to cases where partial offer was made and rejected by claimant.

I was thinking about your case with regard to financial hardship caused by your own circumstances. Anyway, have a read, then it's up to you.

Slick

hi you pair,olden and smutley,alias val and jenny,

just in case your having early night.

all the best for tommorow(god help that poor judge).lol.

you are meeting there tommorow for first time aint you? magic.

if i hear on news about someone being remanded for loosing rag i will know who it is.lol.

seriously,hope you have your say and come out with success,if not, feeling good, that you gave it best shot and that theres no more paperwork.bet you go for a drink after as well.

tez

hi tezl, thanks for your words of support, cant see me having an early night, still trying to do my speech and then read the whole bundle, prob wasting my time as only a 10 min hearing.... but yes, looking forward to meeting Val very much.

YES here here jenny, the only thing to look forward to is a drink after maybe( cup of tea? coffee?)

Thanks so much tez, I have had a terrible day and as always, came on here and you made me laugh, thanks! do you want me to tell you about my day? I won't be offended if you say no shut the hell up!

Hi again, I will have to get an early ish night tonight, because I have to get out by 7.45 drive over to my son in law he takes my 12 yr old granddaughter to her bus for 8 oclock and then drives to his office in Cardiff, so I thought rather than me or OH drive down, and face manic car parking I will be early go and have coffee sounds good, :)

bldy right i do,

how you feeling val,germs gone,dont want you infecting jenny,that would be a nice prezy on first meet.

what are doing so you recognise each other.

same colour mini skirt.?

you will be fine when your there supporting each other.

wish i could be fly on wall.

tez

mini skirt tez, have you no taste, wore them first time around in u, mmmmmm 60sssss still got a few germs hanging around,

story time, are you sitting comfortably then Ill begin, I pay my ccards online, always on time, had mbna statement which is one I transferred to with 0% only to see £12. charge for late payment and £20.50 for interest, phoned up played hell, no joy. guess what the payment made online on thursday did not get put in til Monday, all my pleading, and arguing no good, and to top it all the 05 promotion is automatically cancelled, charming. told OH he went like the money is showing out on our bank statement that day and four days later arrives in Mbna, so WHERE IS IT in between, I get him on the phone to have a go. he gets a manager, and argues (the poor man could not get rid of him) when he pressed him to answer, where has my money gone its not in bank and its not in mbna, his answer its in mbna in a CLEARING BANK, asked which one, he didn.t know, so says OH millions of people like me are continually paying money into clearing banks for a few days earning billions more for you lot!!!!!! after that the manager said he it is not possible to take off the charges, but he will reinstate the 0% promotion, then the phone goes and its the Ideal shopping woman, with ref to my letter about the refund they owe me, she will have to give it to the department which deals with....etc, NO your times up today I gave seven days youve had 1.5 months I will involve the consumer direct. then the door bell the contact lenses I ordered online because I discovered on MSE site a lot cheaper than I pay at specs , postman asked for £17.50 which was postage£8 and Customs £9.50 , I already paid shipping, they are still half the price anyway. spent a few hours ( seemed like) phoning hospital in attempt to get dad (Bill) out of there before he gets MRSA !! my best friend rang me her dad (Harry) in Heath, because months ago had his toenail removed in Royal Gwent, got MRSA , theyve taken his toe off and is his pace maker!!! is infected,

val xx

• Haha 1

omg Val, what a manic day, but you just put a smile on my face the the first time today (or all week really!) That is so annoying, where does the money go when it leaves our bank account... I had the same this week, we had an automatic bank credit going through, took three days but too late for the mortgage going out as the money has to be there the day before, so hay ho, £35 charge off barclays, but in reality they already had the money and also £35 from mortgage co, plus prob a black mark - the first one...think im loosing the plot here.... you wear contact too... so we are both around the 5 foot mark, blonde hair and disabled if lenes falls out!!!

taller than me then,

christ val where do you start.

not much more could go wrong in 1 day,

think were more or less at time of life when things should be just plodding along, taking life as it comes,slowing down and doing what we want within reason.not being fleeced and killed off.

then your scared s less about going in hospital,and thats under estimating what people are feeling about it,criminal.people lived through wars with less fear.

tez

goodluck.jpg

Good luck for tommoz Olden & Smutley, keeping everything crossed for you. Dont be too upset if you do not succeed, you are giving it your best shot

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

cheers, stone and sainty and tezl... just want tomorrow morning to be over (have to go back to work then) but tomorrow night, come what may, I will be lifting, or is that shifting a few vodkas!.... next mon and tues, Im appearing in bristol cc as a witness....

• Haha 1

OMG jenny you're making a habit of this! thanks stone saint and tez I have to get on and write something down, I was only going to ask the Judge " Your Honour as I am so nervous never having entered a court before, and shaking like a jelly can I read out my skeleton argument" :(

Saturday for me will be.....is there life after reclaim?

OMG jenny you're making a habit of this! thanks stone saint and tez I have to get on and write something down, I was only going to ask the Judge " Your Honour as I am so nervous never having entered a court before, and shaking like a jelly can I read out my skeleton argument" :(

Saturday for me will be.....is there life after reclaim?

.. or better still, just ask him to read it.... hopefully that will be the case for both of us8-)

Hi tez, slck, saintly, Well we survived the hearing, but no luck with the stay, no surprise there then met up with Jenny, which was great, we both felt so nervous, it really helped being in it together, jenny did brillilantly, only 3 of us turned up out of 5, the third was a chap from the sites called butterbean his case was against HSBC, and behind us in court were 4 legal trainees from the university, and a man with Bs solicitor who she referred to as ' a mini clerk' ! ( if I got that right) HSBCs solicitor was there and ours both female (young girls) we arrived at 10am, the judge was late due to another case took longer than expected, and our case finished at 1 oclock! Not the 10mins they told us then. there was a tremendous amount of legal jargon, the judge explained the impending OFT case to us in full! we each had our turn to speak and to be fair the judge seemed to be symathetic, the banks solicitors had their turn, and this time (just our luck) made a meal of it, finally the judge summed up and made his decision, we already knew that because he told us at the start! we had all asked for the conditions in the alternative to be adhered to, but he refused that as well.

tell you a bit more later. val

Well at least you tried your best Olden. Welcome to the sitting on thumbs club. (See my thread if that confuses you ) stonedecroze-halifax-2 :o:o

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

thanks stone, I am so tired after 3 hours sleep last night, got up at 6,in Cardiff by 9, then new experience got two buses back to my car home by 4.30 I started on here and almost dropped my laptop, falling asleep, The poor chap with us had come all the way from haverfordwest thats bad he should have been heard in local court