style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6162 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help!

Rossendales made a visit to my home for unpaid council tax. (I dont dispute that I owe this) He was due back this evening at 7 to list my goods and make a payment arrangement. He hasnt turned up yet and I thougth id have a browse throught the site to find out more.

Basically... He refused to make an arrangement without listing my goods - but from what I have read, I should'nt let him in. Are they obliged to make an arrangement without a visit? can I do this directly with the office?

Im panicking because I have to work away next week and if I let them in now, they might come back anyway and clean me out.

Any help appreciated!

dont let them in dont be intimidated either, in fact you dont even have to answer the door speak to them through the letter box if need be.... dont sign anything. tell them you are seeking legal advice and go get some sort of advice from the CAB, good luck, they cannot force their way in just make sure all your windows and doors are locked, just dont tell them that you are not going to pay tell them that you are willing to pay provided its a reasonable amount, if you are unemployed sick/disabled old or frail, pregnant. make sure you let them know you will be classed as vunerable and they have to make arrangements with the council on how to deal with your case.