Are you being harassed on the telephone by your bank or by debt collectors?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5150 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

tell them you are a Christian and this is your day or worship and so they should never call you on a Sunday - I have them terribly confused as they believe I am Muslim/Jewish/Christian and Mormon.

This only leaves Tuesday to Thursday to call ...

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should always be prepared to give people the benefit of the doubt on this forum - I have seen genuine trolling and, so far, have seen no evidence of this from Deshaine. If there was, I would be troll-baiting with the best of them ;). Everyone on here will have different views on different things and if moderators have accepted a member onto the forum, after them revealing themselves to be from a DCA, it's certainly not up to anyone on here to tell them to go - if there are incidences of trolling or posts you feel are inappropriate, please hit that big red triangle at the bottom of the post and mods will take the appropriate action.

Yes, I have been treated very badly by DCA's but there have also been two incidences when I have been treated very fairly and if this is an attempt to research from a customer service point of view, then perhaps it may encourage others to act in a decent way (but I'm not holding my breathe here).

Sorry, stardust_john, but just a few things to say which disagree with in your previous post:

1. Receiving an enforceable copy of the CCA will not necessarily encourage a creditor to accept token or smaller payments. If there is not an enforceable CCA, this puts the debtor in a much better position to negotiate frozen interest/smaller payments etc.

2. Court action would usually be instigated by the DCA/creditor. If successful, this would result in a CCJ which, while reducing the payments, would screw the credit rating (however, if it's screwed already, it makes little difference). A CCJ must be obtained before a charging order can be put on the house and only then if the terms of the original CCJ have not been met.

3. A deed of assignment is not needed if the DCA is collecting on behalf of the original creditor, only if they have purchased the debt. The lack of this is really only useful in practical terms for the purposes of defending court actions.

Edited by tiglet
spelling
  • Haha 2

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

• 5 weeks later...

Actually, I would write to advise them you may be recording all telephone calls first, then record them when you know the letter has been received, so that you can legally use any recordings in court.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, it's simply a very good way of ensuring everything is in writing and therefore there is a papertrail if needed.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

to be honest, if you make contemperous notes and then sign, date and file them, they are likely to be accepted by a court or any official body.

• 2 weeks later...

Or have a look at this thread for some ideas of how to beat them at their own game: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/131409-cheekiness-towards-dca-146.html

It may sound childish, but once they realise they're not getting to you and that you are laughing at them and wasting their "precious" time, they WILL give up.