• Tweets

• Morning, I purchased a car from Big Motoring World on 10th December 2023 for £14899.00. On the 15th December I had a problem with the auto start stop function of the car in which the car would stop in the middle of the road with a stop start error message. I called the big assist and the car was booked in for February. The BMW was with them for a week and it came back with the auto stop start feature all fine and all error codes cleared on the report from big motoring world. within 5 days I had the same issue. Warning light coming on and the car stopping. I called big assist again and the car was again booked in for an other repair in May. Car was taken back in may, they had the car for a week and returned with the report saying no issue with the auto stop start feature and blamed my driving. Within 5 days of having the car back it broke down again. This time undrivable. I had the rac pick my car up and take to Stephen James BMW for a full diagnostic. The diagnostic came back with the car needing a new fuel system as magnetic swarf was found.  I have sent big motoring world a letter stating all the issues and that under the consumer rights act 2015 I have asked for a replacement vehicle. all reports from Stephen James BMW have been sent over to big motoring world. Big motoring world have come back and said they will respond to my complaint within 14 days for the date of my complaint letter. I am not feeling confident on the response from them, what are my next steps?   Thanks in advance. 
    • That is really good is that a mistake last off "driver doesn't have a licence" I assume that should be keeper? The Court requested me to send the Court and applicant proof of my sons disability from their GP this clearly shows he has Severe Mental Impairement, he is also illiterate.  I naively assumed once the applicant received this that they would drop the claim.  It offends me that Bank has asked the Judge to throw the case out at the preliminary hearing and to make us pay up.
    • Hi, we are looking to get some opinions on weather or not to bother fighting this PCN. This comes from a very big retail park parking where there are restaurants, hotel, amongst other businesses. The parking is free but I suppose there must be a time limit on it that I am not aware of. We were in the area for around 4 hours. Makes us wonder how they deal with people staying in the hotel as the ANPR is on what appears to be a publicly maintained street (where london buses run) which leads to the different parking areas including the hotel.  1 Date of the infringement 26/05/2024 2 Date on the NTK  31/05/2024 3 Date received 07/06/2024 4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?]  YES 5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Entry and exit photos however, based on the photographs we are almost sure the photos are taken on public street. This is the location I believe photos are taken from.  https://maps.app.goo.gl/eii8zSmFFhVZDRpbA 6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up N/A 7 Who is the parking company? UKPA. UK Parking Administration LTD 8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] The Colonnades, Croydon, CR0 4RQ For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. British Parking Association (BPA) Thanks in advance for any assistance.  UKPA PCN The Collonades-redacted.pdf
    • Thank you for posting their WS. If we start with the actual WS made by the director one would have doubts that they had even read PoFA let alone understood it. Point 10  we only have the word of the director that the contract has been extended. I should have had the corroboration of the Client. Point 12 The Judge HHJ Simkiss was not the usual Judge on motoring cases and his decisions on the necessity of contracts did not align with PoFA. In Schedule 4 [1[ it is quite clearly spelt out- “relevant contract” means a contract (including a contract arising only when the vehicle was parked on the relevant land) between the driver and a person who is—(a)the owner or occupier of the land; or (b authorised, under or  by virtue of arrangements made by the owner or occupier of the land, to enter into a contract with the driver requiring the payment of parking charges in respect of the parking of the vehicle on the land; And the laughable piece of paper from the land owners cannot be described as a contract. I respectfully ask that the case be dismissed as there is no contract. WE do not even know what the parking regulations are which is really basic. It is respectfully asked that without a valid contract the case cannot continue. One would imagine that were there a valid contract it would have been produced.  So the contract that Bank has with the motorist must come from the landowner. Bank on their own cannot impose their own contract. How could a director of a parking company sign a Statement of Truth which included Point 11. Point 14. There is no offer of a contract at the entrance to the car park. Doubtful if it is even an offer to treat. The entrance sign sign does not comply with the IPC Code of Conduct nor is there any indication that ANPR cameras are in force. A major fault and breach of GDPR. Despite the lack of being offered a contract at the entrance [and how anyone could see what was offered by way of a contract in the car park is impossible owing to none of the signs in the WS being at all legible] payment was made for the car to park. A young person in the car made the payment. But before they did that, they helped an elderly lady to make her payment as she was having difficulty. After arranging payment for the lady the young lad made his payment right behind. Unfortunately he entered the old lady's number again rather than paying .for the car he was in. This can be confirmed by looking at the Allow List print out on page 25. The defendant's car arrived at 12.49 and at 12.51 and 12.52  there are two payments for the same vrm. This was also remarked on by the IPC adjudicator when the PCN was appealed.  So it is quite disgraceful that Bank have continued to pursue the Defendant knowing that it was a question of  entering the wrong vrm.  Point 21 The Defendant is not obliged to name the driver, they are only invited to do so under S9[2][e]. Also it is unreasonable to assume that the keeper is the driver. The Courts do not do that for good reason. The keeper in this case does not have a driving licence. Point 22. The Defendant DID make a further appeal which though it was also turned down their reply was very telling and should have led to the charge being dropped were the company not greedy and willing to pursue the Defendant regardless of the evidence they had in their own hands. Point 23 [111] it's a bit rich asking the Defendant to act justly and at proportionate cost while acting completely unjustly themselves and then adding an unlawful 70% on to the invoice. This  is despite PoFA S4[5] (5)The maximum sum which may be recovered from the keeper by virtue of the right conferred by this paragraph is the amount specified in the notice to keeper under paragraph 9[2][d].  Point 23 [1v] the Director can deny all he wants but the PCN does not comply with PoFA. S9 [2][a] states  (2)The notice must— (a)specify the vehicle, the relevant land on which it was parked and the period of parking to which the notice relates; The PCN only quotes the ANPR arrival and departure times which obviously includes a fair amount of driving between the two cameras. Plus the driver and passengers are a mixture of disabled and aged persons who require more time than just a young fit single driver to exit the car and later re enter. So the ANPR times cannot be the same as the required parking period as stipulated in the ACT. Moreover in S9[2][f]  (ii)the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver, the creditor will (if all the applicable conditions under this Schedule are met) have the right to recover from the keeper so much of that amount as remains unpaid; You will note that in the PCN the words in parentheses are not included but at the start of Section 9 the word "must" is included. As there are two faults in the PCN it follows that Bank cannot pursue the keeper . And as the driver does not have a driving licence their case must fail on that alone. And that is not even taking into consideration that the payment was made. Point 23 [v] your company is wrong a payment was made. very difficult to prove a cash payment two weeks later when the PCN arrives. However the evidence was in your print out for anyone to see had they actually done due diligence prior to writing to the DVLA. Indeed as the Defendant had paid there was no reasonable cause to have applied for the keeper details. Point 24 the Defendant did not breach the contract. The PCN claimed the Defendant failed to make a payment when they had made a payment.   I haven't finished yet but that is something to start with
    • You don't appeal to anyone. You haven't' received a demand from a statutory body like the council, the police or the courts. It's just a dodgy cowboy company trying it on. You simply don't pay.  In the vast majority of these cases the company deforest the Amazon with threats about how they are going to divert a drone from Ukraine and make it land on your home - but in the end they do nothing.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

shall i ise financial ombudsmen or court action myself??

willowrose
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6165 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

please can you help, i was using a company to claim back charges this was

back in Jan but despite them saying the money would be in my account soon

etc etc i have heard nothing, i rang nationwide ( who i am trying to get the

charges back from ) and they say they have had no correspondence from

claim company at all, i have rang the financial ombudsmen and they said

they would deal with it free if i want to do a compalaint through them,

should i do this rather than go through the court process myself to try and

get my charges back from nationwide, do you know if the financial ombudsmen

have much success with these claims

many thanks

Personally, I would favour the court route, although there is nothing stopping you using the FSO in the unlikely event that this should fail.

Incidentally, you have posted in the wrong forum - I shall move it to the correct place.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Ive heard that some people have been successful in getting their charges back through the FOS. which is good because it is free to the claimant and and the bank has to pay them £400 a case - so an added bonus!

They claim that all bank charges cases referred to them have been settled before they have had to intervene and make a decision, so worth it as a back up.

The problem with FOS is that you are not allowed to refer the complaint to them until you have had a final decision from the bank (which is after 8 weeks), and then there is a further delay becuase of the amount of cases being put to the FOS. So the timescale is quite lont until you get your mony back.

There's always that little spark of excitement taking your bank to court and getting back the money they have ripped off you in the past!

In your case, if the claims company you have been using does not appear to have done anything, then it is best to start again from step 1 and send the Prelim letter (download from bank templates folder on these forums) and start the action yourself officially. After 2 weeks send the LBA and after another 2 weeks file with the court or through MCOL.

I know this is a bit annoying having to start again, but if you skip straight to the court action and it turns out that the company didn't send the bank anything then the bank may claim that they were not given the opportunity to deal with the claim and this will go in their favour at the court.

Personally, I would favour the court route, although there is nothing stopping you using the FSO in the unlikely event that this should fail.

Incidentally, you have posted in the wrong forum - I shall move it to the correct place.

Out of interest, why do you favour the court route? It is more expensive, complicated and is frightening to a lot of people. If the FOS is awarding full charges and 8%, what is the advantage of going to court. As far as I'm aware, you're not allowed to use FOS if you have previously taken the case to court, however you can go to court if you're not happy with the outcome from the FOS. I sincerely believe that if more people were advocating using the FOS, a lot more people would claim.

Hi, I am relatively new here and don't want to speak out of turn. So apologies if I am.

My understanding is also that you cannot go to FOS, not "FSO", after it has been to court. The courts have far higher jurisdiction.

As discussed on a post in this thread, the FOS route is gaining momentum. I understand that there is a terrific success rate there and the banks are paying up.

In Scotland, it is even more popular given claim limits in the two court options available there or the 3rd if you count MCOL. That however requires an English address.

If FOS was unsuccessful- no evidence of that yet, the court process would follow after.

Sorry but am I on the wrong track. Important that I know the position so I can give the correct advice.

Thanks, Kennythecelt:-)

i took the FOS route and found them brilliant and timely.

Cases are allocated in about 2 weeks to an adjudicator and you get an offer a few weeks after that. They get back charges + stat 8% but will look at contractual if you want to start providing more info, as i am at the moment.

The bank only pays the £370 fee if there is a formal investigation after they refuse to pay within the 14 days the FOS stipulate. Most do not want this and will pay up.

Adjudicators are easy to catch and talk to on the phone and reply to emails within a day.

i took the FOS route and found them brilliant and timely.

Cases are allocated in about 2 weeks to an adjudicator and you get an offer a few weeks after that. They get back charges + stat 8% but will look at contractual if you want to start providing more info, as i am at the moment.

The bank only pays the £370 fee if there is a formal investigation after they refuse to pay within the 14 days the FOS stipulate. Most do not want this and will pay up.

Adjudicators are easy to catch and talk to on the phone and reply to emails within a day.

Seems a no brainer to me. Why are we only finding out about this now?

Seems a no brainer to me. Why are we only finding out about this now?

I have no idea why.

I only took the FOS route because of the cost of court claims as i did not have the money at that time.

I think most people are scared by the fact that the FOS state 6-9 months when you talk to them at first, but that may be if there is an investigation and they go into more detail.

They also only work to charges + stat interest normally so people who want contractual will have to give a good argument, just like at court.

Some people have good experiences with them and some bad. I think, like anything, it depends on how you come across in your letters, chats and emails.

Thats it I always thought the FOS was slow, but obviously not.

Do you have to wait the full 8 weeks before contacting them though?

Its good if you can get the stat interest back as well. Shame my case involves a default removal request and I doubt they will get involved with that?

Out of interest, why do you favour the court route? It is more expensive, complicated and is frightening to a lot of people. If the FOS is awarding full charges and 8%, what is the advantage of going to court. As far as I'm aware, you're not allowed to use FOS if you have previously taken the case to court, however you can go to court if you're not happy with the outcome from the FOS. I sincerely believe that if more people were advocating using the FOS, a lot more people would claim.

The FOS do not get 8% - just the charges - sometimes - most of the time they refuse to get involved in contractural disputes - they only get involved in the ones they think they can get back - hence the *high* success rate.

If you have previously taken toe case to court YOU CAN take it to the ombudsman - in the extremely unlikely event that you actually lose.

This is a common misconception, and one that the FOS have quoted on record as not being true.

If favour the court route simply because YOU are in control of the whole thing - and it clogs up the courts. In my eyes, this is a guerrilla war and you can see the tactics are starting to work.

In the beginning the FOS would not get involved AT ALL - the court route HAD to be the way.

Now the courts are getting fed up with dealling with very little but bank charge claims that never materialise. It is this action that will result in the judiciary forcing the issue - as can be seen in the papers, pretty much every day.

If the FOS had the same volume (and their workload has increased 10 fold in the last year) nothing much would have happened. They would have perhaps employed more people, or you would just have to wait longer for an answer. It would not have bought the subject to a head as it has by forcing the court route.

The FOS will only accept claims for the last 6 years - which a judge would have no say on - if the bank believes this issue to be one of the limitations act, it is up to them to prove it.

If the court route is pressed, there is the chance that a precident will be set eventually, as a bank will trip up eventually and will trip up on a case with disclosure.

The court route is not expensive - you get your money back.

It also encourages people to fight back against consumer injustice - it's not just the banks that rip people off.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Thats it I always thought the FOS was slow, but obviously not.

Do you have to wait the full 8 weeks before contacting them though?

Its good if you can get the stat interest back as well. Shame my case involves a default removal request and I doubt they will get involved with that?

they will get involved in any complaint about the bank. You can even put two complaint matters on the same complaint form, but can't mix current accounts and credit cards, even with the same bank.

you, and they, have to give the bank 8 weeks to rectify the complaint, from the date of your first letter.

so if you contact the FOS after 4 weeks of your first letter, they will give the bank 4 more weeks before threatening them with a formal investigation. If the 8 weeks is over when you contact them, they will send the 'formal investigation' letter straight away, after a few weeks of your complaint when it gets to an adjudicator.

I contacted the FOS after 8 weeks with the bank, so maybe thats why its moved fast for me.

From other people, even from a prelim approach, the bank will pay before the 8 weeks as they know they will get a 'formal investigation' letter after that. I know people who've just asked the FOS 'i want my money back' and they get an offer.

You do not even need to do a schedule of charges, as the FOS will request this from the bank and it needs to detail all charges, otherwise the bank would be misleading the Ombudsman. Then ask them to get the bank to work out stat interest and make an offer.

So, if you're at the first stage of your claim, even without contacting the bank you can get charges + stat through the Ombudsman, normally within the 8 weeks.

-------------------------------------------------------------

All my advice is from personal experience so matters might progress differently for others.

• Haha 1

The FOS do not get 8% - just the charges - sometimes.

The court route is not expensive - you get your money back.

I'm talking from personal experience and what i have been told by the FOS adjudicators. They do ask each others opinions and in my case (actually 4 cases now) they all stated stat is considered 'fair' but anything more as enrichment for me. This is after i refused the banks charges + stat offer as i had asked for contractual from the start.

Now a few adjudicators have referred my complaints to another senior adjudicator as the charges issue has been resolved, but 'they will look at what interest rate i can apply'. I have submitted my arguments and cases just like i would do in court. In a way, maybe its good practise for later in court.

This is a quote from an adjudicator email i have. He could have stated 'they've offered you charges + stat so go away now, but instead they are prepared to look into the interest rate applicable ...

"You have submitted further documentation which I feel merits a detailed reply. Therefore I have passed your file to the relevant team who are dealing with bank charges complaints in which 'other' issues remain outstanding. In your particular complaint these 'other' issues is the dispute about what interest rate should be applied in addition to the refund of the charges."

The court route is expensive if you have no money and cannot claim exemption. Imagine paying for multiple cases at the same time?

The FOS do not get 8% - just the charges - sometimes - most of the time they refuse to get involved in contractural disputes - they only get involved in the ones they think they can get back - hence the *high* success rate.

If you have previously taken toe case to court YOU CAN take it to the ombudsman - in the extremely unlikely event that you actually lose.

This is a common misconception, and one that the FOS have quoted on record as not being true.

I've heard from various sources that you do get 8%

As for taking a complaint to them after court, their website says "The ombudsman is a less formal alternative to the courts and it is free to consumers to bring a complaint to us. If you decide to go to court instead, you should be aware that if you lose you will not then be able to bring your complaint to us. You will also have to pay a court fee, and you risk having to pay the bank's legal costs if it decides to defend the case."

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in the process of trying to getting back my charges from HSBC and sent the LBA letter , I'm assuming I won't get a response. Should I refer the matter to FOS next week or wait the full 8 weeks before logging a complaint

I do not understand why any of you guy's would want to go through the FOS, to reclaim your charges.

Everything/ALL the information that you need is here on the BAG/CAG.

My own personal experiences with The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) has been abysmal. They take too long and in my humble opinion, the FOS are biased towards their paymasters, the 'Financial Institutions'.

Love AC

doompixie,

To claim via the FOS service they first require that you write to the bank and request the refund so follow the normal route (i.e. Prelim then wait 2 weeks then LBA) in the meantime the bank usually sends you either a partial offer or a point blank refusal.

If it is a point blank refusal then you can go to the Financial Ombudsman Service website and begin your claim with FOS.

If they send you a partial offer, send the rejection offer and if they reply again they will say it is their final decision. At that point you can take it FOS

If they dont reply at all you have to wait 8 weeks until you use the FOS

Once the case is with FOS they usually begin looking at it a few weeks after you send them the complaint. They are very busy and I have been waiting 2 weeks for them to look into my complaint.

I do not understand why any of you guy's would want to go through the FOS, to reclaim your charges.

My own personal experiences with The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) has been abysmal. They take too long and in my humble opinion, the FOS are biased towards their paymasters, the 'Financial Institutions'.

Love AC

I can say today that the FOS are worth approaching as they wrote to me saying that Lloyds TSB have offered me £5145 without a Formal Investigation as they don't want to be caught out on what they are hiding from the customers.

This is £400 short of what I've been claiming for.

However Lloyds TSB won't accept liability or will say that their charges were unjust which I expected.

I am considering whether I should be asking for the 8% sat interest or contractual to be added to what they've already offered.

I first approach the FOS about 4 weeks ago and started my claim on the 2nd March 2007.

So I think the FOS have done what they've promise and also I've spent roughly £15 in total to get this far without court involvement.

So if people are unsure of these guys...give them a chance.....

I've used the Court route to reclaim charges from Natwest and Capital One.

Capital One paid up in full - charges, interest and court fee - 21 days after being served with my claim.

Natwest put in a defence, and I've had to deal with their solicitors. I'm still waiting for a court date, and in total its 3.5 months since I first wrote to Natwest to reclaim my charges. Heaven knows how much longer it will drag on for now :-?

I decided to go via the Court route due to amount of charges I'm claiming - I'd like the interest on the money they took frorm my account in charges.

It boils down to whether you personally want the possible long wait for your case to be heard in court, or let someone else like the FO deal with it all for you.

Pam

I'm using the FOS - My story so far....

8 wks up Fri 8th June, rang HSBC fri, mon, tues 4 times, on each occasion was told an offer letter in the post, only to open a Decline letter on thur!! Immediately phoned FO, sent all my info back to them last week.

Asked for £9922, and would have settled for £8k, but know have asked for interest so now totals £12k+!! I'm really hoping for some good news :)

Just scared the FO will agree with the bank as i, admittedly ran my account very poorly.

Any comments or advise are appreciated :)

I am considering whether I should be asking for the 8% sat interest or contractual to be added to what they've already offered.

They'll get you 8% stat as standard.

Originally Posted by angry cat viewpost.gif

As i have stated previously, my experience with them is very good.

In answer to your question as to why people would use them, the simple fact is that it is a more easier option at the moment, what with the court lottery at the moment on what your judge might think of these claims. There seems to be a greater risk of losing due to simple things like a terms and conditions sheet missing from your bundle.

The court process takes longer. It's OK for you to send LBA after a few weeks etc but then the hearing might be 3 months away when you do claim.

You are wrong that all information for court claims is available on this site. This may be true of a few banks, but people have claims with banks on whom very little information may be available. It is a very daunting task trying to make a perfect court bundle in case the judge throws it out cos you missed a full stop!

So the FOS gives people a quicker, cheaper (FREE) method of claiming charges + stat interest within a shorter time than court, and you have absolutely no headache. Just wait for them to do everything and the offer to come to you.

i used the FOS for a recent claim and it didnt go to well

i only used them because i thought i could take it to court afterwards

they offered me 70% of the charges and no interest so i turned it down

had my case hearing today and the judge said i was not entitled to any interest and as the fos obtained an offer that they advised i should take that.

am not a happy bunny, i wish i had gone the court route from the start as the other claim i had against halifax i got contractural interest, now i have not even got all my charges back, it may just be the judge at my court

is it possible to appeal against the jusges decision?