Court Action Here We Go!!!

ruskorod
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1877 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes - the second letter, AKA LBA (letter before action)

It really does take a few days to get your head around all the arguments and all the information. You DO need to read the FAQs and library - that you need to ask what comes after the first letter indicates that you have not read everything yet, and this is crucial if you want your money back.

Good luck.

You are here, you want your money back, you will get help and support in this, but it is YOUR call, and you must be prepared to put in the effort.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 1 month later...

having sent the correct letter to barclays requesting all my charges back, i then received a letter from barclays saying there were looking into my complaint another 7 days had passed when i received a letter saying there were willing to give me £280 pound out of the £600 as a good will gesture, i was claiming, i then wrote another letter stating that i would only be happy with the full amount back otherwise i will be proceeding with court action. i then got a follow up letter from barclays within 2 days saying, we are unable to agree to a full refund and it is regret that you will be now proceeding with county court action, i appreciate this is not the response you were looking for, but hope i have clarified the banks position..............

do you think they are trying to call my bluff. and should i call theres????????

all help apprecaited!!!!!!

You can file a claim at your local court using form N1 or you can do it online at http://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

Please read the FAQs thoroughly so you are prepared before you start court action.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I have taken court action against barcalys and have got the court acknowledgment form..........however barcays (defendent) have ticked the box on the letter "saying they intend to defend all of this claim..............so it as left me asking the question... does everything sound as if it is going to plan?????

all help welcome cheers everyone!!!!!!!

oh and come on england..hahahaha

Threads merged. Please keep to one thread for your claim, as it helps everyone to answer you easier, seeing the complete story.

Everything sounds normal to me. They say they will defend, but always pay up before they do. Don't worry, you'll get your money.

Good luck, keep us posted.

Vamp.:)

[

was just thinking how much longer can people claim for there unfair chargers back.it cant be long before some do-gooding MP steps in and closers the loophole

What loophole???

There's no loophole - the law is the law. It's not going to get changed any time soon, and even if it did the changes wouldn't be retrospective.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 4 weeks later...

hi all

just a quicky i am struggling to fill out the n149 form stuck on section

(G OTHER INFORMATION). and secondly the £100 i pay when i send the questionnaire back do i get it back???? all help welcome

There is a guide to completing the AQ in the templates library.

The £100 can be added to your claim.

i have seen the AQ in the templates library but still not sure how to word SECTION G, OTHER INFORMATION , is this, what i think, i should be taking in to court with me or be sending to the judge to help with my claim, if so what forms should i take to court or be sending to the judge????? many thanks.

Section G is for case management information only.

If you have nothing to add simply write 'not applicable'. You don't have to write anything, but there are some suggestions on the AQ guidelines you have seen should you decide to complete this section.

hi every1,

just a quicky i am about to send the questionnaire back to my local court and i just wanted to know what paper work i shoud be prepaired to take in to court with me. or is it worth giving Mr Keith Jeremiah a call if so whats the best way of starting the conversation off. i was browsing other peoples threads and noticed that most of barclays defence cases are exacly the same word for word. does anyone think i will hear from barclays b4 the 26th???? for some reason i am panicing a little!

cheers every1

relax, photocopy the questionnaire, send one to the court, save a copy for future reference and send one to the defendant, sit back and have a glass of malt. i think you would be best taking copys of the oft report, the goods and service act etc.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

As paulwlton said but I sent copies of everything with my AQ on the basis that it asks:

"any other information you consider will help the judge to manage or clarify the claim"

Not intending to hi-jack the thread and apologies if it seems that way but just to give you a bit of re-assurance I'm at this stage:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/17651-kyuudousha-barclays.html

So, like you, they have decided to defend but it just seems like a scare tactic to me. Also, if you've put in too much information at the beginning, it's probably better than putting in too little information later on.

I also copied the whole shebang to Mr Jeremiah aswell. Just to let him know...

Cuius testiculous habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum

Hi,

I am also in the same situation, I have sent a copy of my AQ to Barclays (K. Jeremiah) and I have just received a copy of Barclays AQ which states that they have 1 witness ?? Waiting to see if they intend going to court! Considering emailing Mr. Jeremiah to offer them one last chance.

Regards

B

• 4 weeks later...
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1877 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks