Barclays have made me an offer, what do I do??

Les1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6097 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After sending letters and spreadsheets to Barclays, they have offered me £1125 out of a claim of £1500. What should I do? I could really do with the money right now, and can't really afford to take them to court, so should I accept or try my luck a bit more??

Thanks

Kim

Follow your instincts.........

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

I wouldn't take it personally, but if you dont you will have to go through the courts. which will cost a mininum of £120.

so it's up to you. my advise would be to continue you'll get the full ammount plus interest and cost's back.

barclays seem to be offering quite high settlements just lately, to try and put people off.

stick at it!!!!!!!

After sending letters and spreadsheets to Barclays, they have offered me £1125 out of a claim of £1500. What should I do? I could really do with the money right now, and can't really afford to take them to court, so should I accept or try my luck a bit more??

Thanks

Kim

Kim

No-one can TELL you to pursue it, if you have reservations about continuing then I suggest you sleep on it tonight and rethink tomorrow.

If its the nerve side of it, being scared of taking on the big boys, dont worry, there are loads of threads I can point you to where the young ladies have been petrified to continue, but they did and they have won.

remember your amount will increase once you file at court with the added interest AND you will get your court fees back.

If you do continue I for one will promise to follow you through to the end and I know lots more on here will do the same.

As I say, have a think and come back, either way we will congratulate you.

Daz

• Haha 1

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Think of it this way, yes take the money now and enjoy it, if that is what you have to do, but, how many opportunities will you get to spend £120 and get about £550 back in return? It will take longer, alot longer, so it is a delicate balancing act - just do what you think is right...remember the only wrong here is Barclays!

I don't think that helps at all, but good luck with the decisions!

Peter

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

Well, I have decided to decline their offer, partly because we received a letter on Friday informing us they are charging us £30 for going £26 over our overdraft limit, even though my wages went in on Thursday. The problem with my wages is that I am paid on the last Thursday of the month, this can be as early as the 25th or as late as the 30th, makes it hard to budget. Have downloaded template letter, ready to amend and send off. Will let you know!

we have a similar problem Hubby's money goes in late thursday every week .... if a payment is due out that day and we have thought his money will be in we get charged for being over for about 6 hours

Hi Les, when i got my statements through i noticed on one occasion they charged me £30 for going £1.50 overdrawn, and i got payed the next day and they knew it as i had always banked with them so oh boy did i enjoy it when i finally got all my money

Caz

Posted a question on the Abbey forum a few days ago but no reply, so hope you don't mind if I post here.

I have completed the N1 form and aloNg with schedule of charges have copied 3 times. There seems to be conflicting info, do I send 2 or 3 copies to the court and do I have to send a copy to the defendant (ie Abbey?)

Thanks

2 copies to the court but I also sent 1 to Barclays as well even tho I'll send another to their litigation team when they acknowledge on MCOL-last day tomorow.

is that the time to send scheduale after acknowledgment ,ta.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, have completed & saved claim. Need to phone Barclays tomorrow to find out date we opened our account.

This is the wording I have used, is this okay?

1. The Claimant has an account xxxxxx with the Defendant, opened May 2000 2. Since 15/09/2000 the Defendant debited charges and interest in respect of purported breaches of contract. 3. Defendant is aware of all details, as a list of charges has already been supplied. Another copy will be sent. 4. Claimant contends: (a) The charges exceed the Defendant's losses caused by the breaches; (b) The Term permitting the Defendant to levy such charges is unenforceable under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 and at Common Law. 5. Claimant claims: (a) return of the amounts debited of £xxxx; (b) Interest per S.69 County Courts Act 1984 of 8% - £xxxx continuing at 8% until judgment or settlement at a daily rate of £0.34; 6. Costs allowed by the Court. Alternatively, if the charges are a fee for a service then they must be reasonable under S15 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

As with most claims I guess, mine has been suspended pending the test case. Just wondered if it is worth writing to Barclays to ask if they would reinstate their original offer?? We really need the money at the moment.

Hi Les,

You could try but they may now refuse with the Test Case pending. Up to you but have a go if you want.

Good luck, Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)