Lloyds TSB v Ganderton - what's the next step?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6221 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Paid £10 and received 6 years' of statements. This was then followed by an initial letter requesting £1300 refund of charges. Lloyds sent me a letter explaining their "justification" in these charges - this was a few weeks ago. I have now received a 'frightening' letter from their Solicitors (Sechiari, Clark & Mitchell, based in Brighton) threatening me to inject funds immediately into my account to the tune of at least £400. My situation: £1900 overdrawn, £1300 of which is charges. Account not been used for over a year. Have since opened an account with a Building Society so have back-up account to use.

Solicitors have sent letters before, threatening to take action to recover the full amount. I am currently unemployed... Any suggestions? Take them to Court?

What proportion of your overdraft is authorised?

You could end up in a sticky situation if Lloyds suddenly remove an authorised as a revenge tactic. You could also be in a sticky situation if the overdraft is fully (or mostly) unauthorised.

You state that the account has not been used for a while and [problem] are harassing you. Speaking from experience it's probable that a court claim from Lloyds will soon follow. If that is the case you can defend most of the claim but may have to admit some of it depending on the exact figures.

Can't help much more without knowing the exact current state of play regards your overdraft, if it is agreed (or if any of it is). If it isn't authorised chances are you'll be going to court before long one way or another though you should be able to defend most of it if they take you before you take them

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court

If £1500 is authorised and as of yet they haven't taken it off you then proceed as you are for now. Have you sent lloyds a letter before action. If so the next stage is to file with the court. I'd avoid moneyclaim online if I were you for 2 reasons

1. Moneyclaim doesn't let you put as much information into your particulars of claim as doing things the old fashioned way does

2. You state you are unemployed and so are entitled to exemption from court fees (if you receive JSA). It is not possible to apply for exemption when filing your claim online meaning you would have to pay the fee and then apply for a refund.

However be aware that some banks try and take overdrafts off people who claim charges against them. As your overdraft is some £700 greater than the charges you could end up in a mess if Lloyds play hardball and demand full repayment of your overdraft. This isn't a reason to not pursue your charges but is something to be aware of. As you already have a parachute account that will help minimise the mess

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court