The Credit Services Association - Worth a complaint?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4972 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know that these kind of trade associations are usually a bit of an "old boys network". Does anyone think it would be worth including complaining to these guys as well as the likes of the OFT, FOS and Trading Standards etc?

I notice that they have 1st Credit as a member, they must breach their code of practice pretty damn regular!

thoughts?

link:

welcome to the csa group

We aim to serve and protect the interests of members,

From the CSA website. Unfortunately I think that sums them up.

The CSA works for the benefit of those companies active in relation to unpaid credit accounts; debt recovery agencies, tracing and allied professional services.

Now this does concern me!!

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Sounds to me like CSA are the ones that need reporting along with their members!

One couldn't possibly comment.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Why?

Apart from CSA offering thier members support they also provide training, if they are training clients to break every rule in the book then they need reporting.

Maybe what these DCA's receive is CSA's bespoke In-House training!

The CSA are to the credit industry what the FTA is to the transport industry, a members organisation to hide behind and threaten people with when they screw up.

My boss even once told me that the FTA would take me to court over a tachograph error, how red he went when I told him that VOSA wouldn't be very happy if they did!!

Yaffsimone1,

I would refer you to post #2. Irony is obviously lost in e-mail. Both the quotes are from the CSA website.

Sorry guys can't get my CCA from Egg to upload to photobucket (my wireless connections playing up) but it looks a lot like this one http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=560&d=1180259557

• 2 years later...

If anyone has had problems with a debt collection service and wishes to pursue a complaint about their behaviour through the Credit Services Association (www.csa-uk.com/) can I warn you that this is just about the most inept organisation I have ever come across!

I brought a complaint to this organisation about one of its debt collecting members three months ago (the company were aggressively pursuing my elderly father-in-law for a debt he did not owe and for which they could produce no original bill). For three months this organisation (the CSA) sat on my complaint, failed to follow up and trequire their member to respond to me, failed repeatedly to acknowledge or respond to any of my emails I send them and then failed to actually address the complaint I originally brought to them.

This is an organisation that exists because it is paid for by its debt collecting company members. My whole experience with them has left me with the very strong suspicion that they will do absolutely nothing to harm their relationship with the companies that pay for their own existence.

In terms of the CSA being an even handed and independent ombudsman, they are absolutely nothing of the sort. Avoid!

• 5 months later...

That would explain the attitude of the women i spoke to in regards to a complaint i made againt BPO didnt seem interested in following the complaint up and not intrested in their members breaking oft regulation and their guide lines, when i tried to explain the behaviour of BPO was unlawful my response was, " yeah, yeah, ok. ok, right right", i really had to hold my tongue. Seems these debt colllectors have to answer to nobody.

Its one organisataion that doesnt have to rely on its customer service. The end of the day its not in their interests to disipline their members so complaining is like banging your head against the wall. Who do you complain to about the CSA the OFT or Trading Standards dont seem to want to deal with debt collectors who cant abide the rules set in place.

I suppose to the debt collection industry they do serve a purpose. Having the CSA logo on their sites makes them look acredited and like they actually give a cr*p about being in debt, "oh look we follow all these guidelines, aren't we good", when we all know the only rules they follow are the one's they make up themselves.