Just received acknowledgement

katies
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6057 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't jump the gun by applying for judgement. If you do Barclays will probably apply for set aside / stay which could hold your claim up by months

ok lost the plot now, what happened to wait 28 days to the second and reuest judgement?

Having read about the difficulties others have got into, all that i am suggesting is wait a few days after the deadline. a) MCOL is notoriously slow at updating and b) Barclays seem able to get defence in late. Even when judgement has been applied for Barclays request set aside/stay. Just another one of there delaying tactics

• Haha 1

Its a no win situtation. You apply for judgmetn, due to no defence being filed, you get it by defaut. Barclays however can then legally ask for it to be setaside on the grounds it was a default, blah blah blah, so then their application will not be accepted without an apperance in front a judge. ie you have to wait for a court date and rewuest from the judge that their request is ignored

On the other hand you are waiting around for ever!!!!

Barclays T&C Databse

RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

Its a no win situtation. You apply for judgmetn, due to no defence being filed, you get it by defaut. Barclays however can then legally ask for it to be setaside on the grounds it was a default, blah blah blah, so then their application will not be accepted without an apperance in front a judge. ie you have to wait for a court date and rewuest from the judge that their request is ignored

On the other hand you are waiting around for ever!!!!

so its changed now then from earlier days of claims.

really you want them to enter defence now, on time. or just wait until they do.?

Katie, is the 'judgement' button actually 'active' yet? If it isn't then you can't do anything anyway....

Trucker's right: rightly or wrongly, the system gives the defence a bit of leeway (I actually think that's right in principle, but yes, it's a right pain if you're the claimant!).

Moneyking, it's NOT a no-win situation.... yes it's frustrating, but there WILL be a winner, and it won't be the bank!

:D :D :D

• Haha 1

Katie, is the 'judgement' button actually 'active' yet? If it isn't then you can't do anything anyway....

Trucker's right: rightly or wrongly, the system gives the defence a bit of leeway (I actually think that's right in principle, but yes, it's a right pain if you're the claimant!).

Moneyking, it's NOT a no-win situation.... yes it's frustrating, but there WILL be a winner, and it won't be the bank!

:D :D :D

i thought that defences were being chucked out for wasting courts time for these tactics.

i thought that defences were being chucked out for wasting courts time for these tactics.

I was just referring to gaining just by default being really a no win situation, sorry to confuse.

If you aplly and get it awarded you delay you progress.. you wait fo barclays to file defence to delay your progess.

And yes there is no gaurantee the court will through out their defence, some do, some dont

Barclays T&C Databse

RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

I was just referring to gaining just by default being really a no win situation, sorry to confuse.

If you aplly and get it awarded you delay you progress.. you wait fo barclays to file defence to delay your progess.

And yes there is no gaurantee the court will through out their defence, some do, some dont

still learning, surley then its in the banks interest not to file defences at all.so whats the perfect scenario?.thanks

I actually rang Northampton today to ask if any defence was in the pipeline, he couldn't see anything and went on to say that I could now apply for judgment by default as they had 'more than had their time' - reflecting their frustration with all these delaying tactics???

As you say MK, delays either way. Still not sure what to do - so will sit on it a few more days. If nothing else it shows I'm giving them more than enough time to sort themselves out. Will this impress anybody I ask myself.

I did wonder whether to ring Krysta and ask if they would be defending, but didn't have my up to date SOCs to hand at the time. Does anyone think it's worth it?

Thanks for the help...

You have nothing to loose by trying, phone her and explane what has happened and do they intend to defend or not, before you enter judgement by default.

Otherwise if i were you i would enter for judgement by default.

But give Krysta a call and see what happens

Good luck

I've just checked the MCOL website for the 4th time today and they've entered a defence - get this - on 3rd May! How on earth does this happen - British justice or what!

Oh well, onwards and upwards... Just hope it's not me ending up actually in court! Be just my luck though.

How long can I expect the next step (receiving the defence and a court date) to be? Does anyone know?

I'm not sure what to do at this point, can anyone advise?

I'm still waiting for my court transfer, I rang MCOL this morning and it 'should be posted later this week' ...yeah, right!

Anyway, I've been tracking my registered letters (containing SOCs) to MCOL and Barclays from a few weeks ago. The MCOL one arrived but the Barclays one is still not signed for. As this is way past the time limit the Royal Mail normally allow, do I assume it hasn't got there and post another?

Do I also need to post an updated one to the courts and if so which one?

Thanks peeps in advance!

Probably best to resend it; better safe than sorry!

If you re-open the speadsheet to print another copy, it will update the interest to today's date, and will not match the SOC the court has... or your claim documents!

Change your computer's date to the date of your original SOC, print off, reset date.

now everyone should be singing from the same sheet....:D

Just an update...

MCOL transferred on 21st June, I've phoned my local county court (Croydon) who received it electronically on 22nd but it can take upto 10 days for transfer to complete and they will then send out directions...

When I enquired about holiday dates, the clerk did say I could write in to the court manager to let them know of any dates I would be unavailable to attend. She wouldn't/couldn't give me any idea on possible times scales though.

Time to pull the court bundle together now! Why do I always feel like I'm overlooking something..? Hoping I've got it right so far, fingers xed.

The MCOL one arrived but the Barclays one is still not signed for. As this is way past the time limit the Royal Mail normally allow, do I assume it hasn't got there and post another?

I have a feeling that the Royal Mail is failing to get signatures for Registered Mail they are delivering to Barclys H/O. The last two I sent have been delivered by the Royal Mail's Poplar branch according to their online tracking however had an electronic signature.

As far as I'm concerned, a screen print of the Royal Mail's page confirming date of delivery is sufficient evidence to show the correspondence entered the bank's possession.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41