• Tweets

• we know them well. you TOTALLY ignore them. NO DCA is a BAILIFF  
    • I've read loads of old messages about what to do but feel my case is different, it's a bit of a back story so ill break it down. - Had a letter from an Italian province in July of 2020 for a speeding offence in 2019 for 575 euros, was in a hire car I used for work, no longer work for them and heard nothing from either. - Thought blimey, but went to pay it anyway, it had doubled to over 1100 euros, yeah I can't afford paying that, filled out the attached information sheet to say it was me driving but I have no money or job due to COVID (true story) and sent it back (durrrr) - Heard nothing until December of 2023, a letter from an appointed solicitor from Florence saying if I don't pay, we will chase you through the legal system with costs born by you. - May of this year, I get a letter from CLI (Credit Limits International) saying they have been appointed to carry out the collection, £1475. - Stupidly, I started the 'three letter process' asking for proof etc, and they replied a few days ago with a copy of the fines I had received from Italy, they stated the debt has no terms and conditions as it relates to a fine in Italy and the debt is not subject to the Consumer Credit agreement. I translate that to "at the moment we don't own the debt and have been given authority from Italy to pursue the debt". That is where I am currently at, I would begrudge giving in and paying an obscene amount. As seen from similar threads, I know a threat of a visit is coming, followed by a threat of court action, but annoyingly it hasn't been mentioned how these cases were concluded and the threads are now locked. I've read to ignore them, but can't help but feel that because it's such a substantial amount that they will feel it's worthy of pursuing this no matter the hoops they have to jump through. Along with admitting it was me driving and opening the can of worms by contacting the DCA, it wouldn't look good for me should it ever get to a courtroom.  Has anyone with previous experience managed to 'get away with it'? Anyone know what they're capable of other than nagging me? I'm not after any moral judgment. Forgot to add, got friends in Italy, and one of them rang the Police where the fine came from, and her reply was “Tell your friend it’s not a big deal, it’s only a speeding fine we’re not going to chase him, tell him in future to take his foot off the gas, however it he returns to a Italy and gets control checked, he would be held until the fine is paid”  A bit odd I thought, considering I am being chased now.
    • take the SD card out and put on a pc/laptop then run recuva on it in  select videos only option select specific location hit browse then select drive letter of the SD card. then next  then deep scan then go have a cup of tea..  when done dont recover the all files back to the card select a new folder on your pc/laptop        
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

CCA to Lloyds tsb Visa

madh21
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6025 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. I sent a CCA request to Lloyds Tsb regarding a Visa account last week (16th May). Today I received my cheque back, no covering letter, just on its own.

Does this possibly mean they will not be able to supply an agreement?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mincemeat

Excellent news. Now make sure they remove any adverse information they may well have posted with a CRA and you're home free

No, it probably means that they don't want the £1, but that's their choice.

They can't ignore the CCA request though and the prescribed timelines still apply. Presuming you sent by rec/del and they've signed for it keep all your paperwork in order and sit back and wait.

Good luck, regards, Dave.

When I sent a CCA request to LTSB via BLS collections (in house DC's), I got my £1 back too but with a covering letter stating that they don't keep agreements longer than 6 years.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/68852-ltsb-no-agreement-cca.html

The trail's gone a bit cold on this now, they're just ignoring me (& i'm letting them!).

Regards, Dave.

One of my TSB debts was taken out in 2001, just cant seem to remember what month.

If I can hang on a little longer, I might get lucky unless they have got wise and started keeping them longer now after getting stung by members of sites such as CAG.

Of course I will pay you everything you say I owe with no proof.

Oooh Look....Flying Pigs

• 1 month later...

Hi. I sent a request to Lloyds TSB in regards to a Credit Card for SAR back in mid April, 40 days passed and nothing received. I also sent a request for a CCA for which they sent me an application form. This defaulted on 5th June. I have since sent an LBA for my SAR and they have just sent a letter saying we are looking into you complaint.

So we are way over the time limit for an SAR and soon they will have committed an offence. Problem is, they wrote telling me if I dont pay them they will help themselves to my bank account.

Are they able to do this under the circumstances stated above?

When was the letter dated advising they were going to help themselves to your bank account?

Dont ignore this, you have to open a 'safe' account ASAP and change any salary or benefit details so it is paid into this new account. If you cannot do this immediately you need to send the bank a letter of appropriation ASAP highlighting that the money in or coming into to your account is to be used for priority bills / debts only (you will find a template letter on the site). This will stop them from helping themselves but it is possible they will close your account down.

As for the SAR you need to report them to the information commissioner for non compliance to your request.

TSB did this to me a few years ago catapulting me into the situation I am in now.

They will do it.

Open another account today.

Of course I will pay you everything you say I owe with no proof.

Oooh Look....Flying Pigs

Spot on Yaffsimone & Belaflat - new account is the immediate priority. If you have a poor credit history or you aren't weanting to be credit checked for whatever reason then just make sure you ask for a basic bank account as you shouldn't need to be credit checked as they don't offer an overdraft ( they will need proof of ID and may check that you are not an undischarged bankrupt ).

If you are looking to exercise your first right of appropriation in the meantime you need to do this at least 7 days before funds are due to be paid in. I advise you hand the letter in at a branch, get a receipt and ask for it to be read there & then.

If they are not complying with SAR then you could go route of complaining via Information Commissioner:

Information Commissioner's Office

Wycliffe House

Water Lane

Wilmslow

Cheshire

SK9 5AF

Tel: 01625 545745

Fax: 01625 524510

E-mail: [email protected]

• 4 weeks later...

Story so far:- Re: LLoyds TSB credit card

Wrote to Lloyds Tsb in April requesting SAR, 40 days up 30th May

Wrote requesting CCA in May - 12+30 days up 5th July.

I have proof of receipt for both of my requests.

I have received an application form + t&c's only. I have sent reminders and the last letter I received from them was dated 12th July saying they would resolve the outcome of my complaint within 2 weeks. They are way past all relevant time limits and to top it off they are dipping into my bank account for the minimum payment each month despite everything!

What do I do now? Any advice would be appreciated.

The first thing to do is change your bank account so they can't dip into it.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Move banks to a safe account ie a bank you have no debt with - LTSB are exercising their first right of offset against your account.

Once they are past relevant time periods you can approach trading standards to take these up on your behalf as potentially criminal offences have been committed

I have moved my account so they can nolonger help themselves!!

I also sent them a letter requesting all monie sto be repaid to the account for failing to produce a SAR (April 2007), nothing received and for failing to produce a credit agreement (May 2007), alls they have sent me is an application form with T&C's.

Today I received a letter stating that as far as they are concerned, the application form is the agreement (they have actually said that) and that I signed to accept the terms and conditions and have enclosed a copy and will continue to take money in accordance with these.

They say that I made a verbal request for my last 2 years statements. I made no such request, I made a full request for a SAR. They then say please allow 28 days for them to be delivered!!! Can you believe it??!!

Well they can't help themselves to my money anymore and I shall not be paying them. I think I will also CCA them for my overdraft now.

Where do I go from here? Is there anyway I can issue legal proceedings? This is a complete joke!

What address did you use please for the Credit Card. My daughter has had terrible harassment from them even up to 4.30 pm on Sunday. Today I've sent them a 3rd Harassment letter and copied in OFT, FOS, FSA and TS. I am now going to CCA them so if you could give me the best address to write to this would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

I CCA'd BLS for an old account with LLoyds TSB.

They are way past the criminal offence stage but keep asking for money despite this.

I have now reveived a letter advising that they do not have an agreement for this,

they nolonger have any statements due to the age of the account

but as I have been paying it for the past how many years this is an admission

that I owe the money and please resume payments.

Can someone advise on how to respond please?

Stop mucking around with BLS they'll just run you around in circles.

Go down the formal complaint route with LTSB, this will also give you the option of approaching the FOS later on if need be.

Service Recovery Centre, Lloyds TSB, 125 Colmore Row, Birmingham B3 3SF.

Lloyds TSB - Complaints procedure

Good luck, Dave.

Good advice there Madh21. . . that is the best option.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers