Central Debt Recovery Unit aka Metropolitan and a CCJ!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6213 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys - me again!!

O/h has a CCJ with hsbc which he is paying £20 a month to, has been since 2003, kept up every payment, have proof for each one.

Today, we receive a letter from CDRU saying;

We note that you have been maintaining regular payments under our arrangement.

We would now like to discuss the future level of your repayments based on your current financial position.

Please call blah blah within 48 hours to discuss the next course of action.

You may still be unemployed and claiming benefits, please ensure the box below is stamped by the relevant Benefits Agency/Unemployment office and returned to this office immediately.

Failure to comply with this request may result in someone calling to your home to verify your unemployment status.

Cheeky barstewards!!

o/h has never been unemployed, when he went to court he told them he was employed, provided wage slips from his employer and an income/expendature form.

I would like to send a stinking letter to these cowboys, who have rang up a few times, trying to tell him payments haven't been received (a lie!) and to try and bully him into paying extra each month.

As I understand it, it is only a court that can increase payments if they have been regularly maintained under the terms of a CCJ?

Could anyone help me with a letter putting these numpties in their place and reminding them of their obligations under law??

Layla:)

Buuut, I wanna tell them off and make them feel silly! lol

No, you guys are right, let them waste their time, paper and postage payments, heck, they can send their doorstep receovery person round, and I'll even invite them in for tea - for my german shepherd!!

I was always amused by MCS' grubby little sidekicks CDEA and CDRU, but they stopped sending me their psuedo-court forms after I reminded them that both sending stuff like that and using a business name that implies official status is against OFT guidelines.

If the payments your OH is making are what the Court ordered under the CCJ, then their suggestion of a review is at best spurious and at worst harassment. If they wanted to be able to discuss payments or vary the level of them they shouldn't have gone for a CCJ!

Why not reflect their words a bit:

Dear Curs

I confirm that I have been maintaining regular payments under the County Court Judgment you obtained on (date).

I would not like to discuss the future level of payments based on my current financial position, since no arrangement between us exists, and because you have no authority to vary an order made by a Court.

Please do not contact me again to discuss this matter, or the next course of action will be formal complaints to the Court, Trading Standards and the Office of Fair Trading.

Failure to comply with this request may result in someone calling to your office to verify your fitness to hold a Consumer Credit Licence.

Hi My husband and I have been receiving regular calls from Metropolitan regarding our debt. When we were having financial difficulties we went to Payplan for help, they are dealing with our payment to Metropolitan, these people are refusing to acknowledge that payplan are dealing with this debt and they keep harassing us on the phone and by letter. The last time they called they threatened to go straight to my husbands employer for their money and keep saying we are in arrears. We have not missed a payment but they continue to intimidate us on the phone. Can anyone please suggest anything we can do to stop them phoning. Thanks

Hi My husband and I have been receiving regular calls from Metropolitan regarding our debt. When we were having financial difficulties we went to Payplan for help, they are dealing with our payment to Metropolitan, these people are refusing to acknowledge that payplan are dealing with this debt and they keep harassing us on the phone and by letter. The last time they called they threatened to go straight to my husbands employer for their money and keep saying we are in arrears. We have not missed a payment but they continue to intimidate us on the phone. Can anyone please suggest anything we can do to stop them phoning. Thanks

The OFT guideance (link above) is quite clear. Next time they call, quote it and tell them you've reported them to Trading Standards, and follow through with your threat.

If I may, i'ld advise you to start your own thread as everyone can help you better that way rather than "hijacking" someone elses thread (it's an etiquette thing!).

Regards, Dave.

• 2 weeks later...