Lorn250 v Abbey Help needed

lorn250
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent SAR to abbey at beginning of March and received all my statements for the last six years at the end of March. Sent letter requesting repayment of charges early April, after being given the runaround I have finally received a letter saying that the charges are lawful and they will not be refunding anything.

I am really annoyed about this and decided that I would take this further, i.e court. The thing is when I checked my statements, they actually owe me far more than I was claiming.

My question is do I send them the LBA for the new amount and give them 14 days to reply (I know they will ask for another 8 weeks!) before I start the court action.

Many thanks

Lorna

oh yes get that lba in for the new amount together with a spreadsheet breaking it down give em hell and stick to your timetable not theirs

Abbey £4340.59 *WON* Jan 07

Abbey II MCOL 31/03/07 £8800.00

Please note..I AM NOT AN EXPERT ANYTHING WHAT I POST IS PURELY MY OPINION AND MAY BE WRONG IT IS JUST BASED ON MY UNDERSTANDING OR EXPERIENCE

Read my latest claim its a fast track potentially

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/61406-noobrider-abbey-take-2-a.html?highlight=noobrider

read my first claim which includes attending a directions hearing in court

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/10576-noobrider-abbey.html?highlight=noobrider

no dont add the 8% as they will definately know that you are a bit dubious about the claim. You can only add that once you have issued the claim in the court. Have a really good read of some posts to get the gist of what happens and the correct procedures. My first claim might be a good start as its quite detailed as I learnt through doing and asked lots of questions. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/10576-noobrider-abbey.html?highlight=noobrider

Thanks for the bike comment...I bought it with the proceeds from my last claim.

Please note..I AM NOT AN EXPERT ANYTHING WHAT I POST IS PURELY MY OPINION AND MAY BE WRONG IT IS JUST BASED ON MY UNDERSTANDING OR EXPERIENCE

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/61406-noobrider-abbey-take-2-a.html?highlight=noobrider

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/10576-noobrider-abbey.html?highlight=noobrider

• 3 weeks later...

Just had the normal letter from Abbey i.e. we need another 4 weeks to look at your charges, I've decided to carry on with the next step and use my time table not theirs. Went into Abbey yesterday to close our account, only to be told that they were takinganother £50 in charges, carry on said I, I will just add this onto my list of charges to be claimed. Needless to say they were not happy.

LOL Lorn, you can add on all extra charges up until the time that you go to court. ;)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Thanks for that Lula, just looking at my statements, they go back to end of nov 2000, can I claim them as well.

You guys are terrific, I wouldn't have the guts to go on with this without you.

Lorna

Today received a nice letter from Abbey inviting me into the branch so they can talk to me about saving money. Felt like ringing and saying pay me back the £1650 you took from me and I will have saved £1650. LBA ready to go on 11 June

• 2 weeks later...

yep sure is, your on a roll now

Today I went to the court and put in my N1. It feels great, when I get my money I am going to treat my son to a holiday as he has just been told he's off to Iraq for the second time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lorn

Sorry to hear about your son going back to Iraq - worrying times for you and him I guess.

Anyway, no, you do not need to start on the bundle yet - may not have to do one at all with any luck!

It's a waiting game now - Abbey have until 16th to respond to me, so we are practically at the same stage, along with a LOT of others. Me hoping they are so snowed under that they will not respond to all the Claims, and we can go for automatic judgement under default - if only!!

I will keep an eye on your thread for any developments, and let you know whats happening on mine if you like.

Very best regards

Jo xx

ps I am very jealous of where you live... Cornwall is sooooo lovely, and Croydon is sooooo..yuk!

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

Jo, thanks for the message, you are right about the worry, I hate the idea of him going, but he has no choice, its a mum thing this, I will be sending lots of parcels out so he has a bit of home comforts (another mum thing). Cornwall is a lovely place to live, I live right by the sea. Antime you are down come in for a cuppa, we are very friendly down here.

Lorn

Hi Lorn

Oh that is so nice of you! I will be in South Somerset visiting my Dad with my two boys sometime in August, so you never know!

Mine are still only young, 9 and 10, but I worry all day, every day about them, so I sort of know how you feel. Eldest went on a day-trip to France yesterday and I couldn't concentrate on anything all day, wondering if he was okay!

Thanks again for your wonderful offer - I know how friendly it is down there, since Dad moved, and one day I will swap this dump for somewhere better.........I hope!

Very best regards

Jo xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

update, Oh no abbey had said that they are defending all charges. They have 28 days, is that 28 working days or 28 calendar days. What do I do next

Lorn

28 calendar days from when you submitted your claim form N1.

Relax, just standard practice.

Get ready for the next phase which is the AQ (Allocation Questionnaire) bit. This will happen automatically, so don't fret there.

However if you do not receive the defence, check with the Court to see if they have had one filed a day after the 28 days is up. You will know the official date when the 28 days is up as the the court will write to you shortly telling you when that is.

If they haven't received one then file a Judgement By Default ASAP as in there and then.

srfrench :eek:

Fight incompetance, stupidity, greed and unfairness......There's no excuse and no place for it in society, unless they really are! :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Update, Abbey filed aknowledgement of service on the 9th July, that is two weeks after I filed my N1. The letter from the court says they have 28 days from the date of service to file a defence. I thought it was 28 days from when I filed my N1. Which date is correct?

The 28 days starts from (usually) 2-5 days after you fle your N1 in Court. The letter from the Court will tell you when the dste od service is. ;)

srfrench :eek:

Fight incompetance, stupidity, greed and unfairness......There's no excuse and no place for it in society, unless they really are! :wink:

Update, today received abbey defence, usual gumph, ie you were in breach of contract when you went overdrawn. Do I wait to hear from the courts and do I need to start my court bundle.

Any help is gratefully received.

Lorn250