• Tweets

• Morning dx and thank you for your message.   With regards to your comment about them not needing to produce the deed, the additional directions ordered by the judge included 'a copy of any assignment o the debt or agreement relied upon'  so that is why I thought that point was relevant?
    • Sorry for the long post but I don't want to miss out any relevant information: My wife bought a car from Trade Centre UK and have been having nothing but trouble with it. Unfortunately we paid of the finance used to buy the car as we weren't expecting this much trouble with the car as we we though we would have protection as buying from a dealer. We are wondering if we can still reject the vehicle since the finance plan has been paid off. Timeline is as follows: 13/12/2023 -15/12/2023 Bought car from Trade Centre UK for £10548 £2000 deposit paid on credit card on 13/12/2023 £8548 on finance from Moneybarn (arranged through Trade Centre UK). picked up car on 15/12/2023 Also bought lifetime warranty for £50/month 25/12/2023 Engine Management Light comes on. The AA called out and diagnosed the following error codes: P0133 - Lambda sensor (bank 1, sensor 1) Oxygen Sensor. Error Message : Slow reaction. Error sporadic P0135 - Lambda sensor heat. circ.(bank1,sensor1) Oxygen Sensor. Error Message : Component defective Due to it being Christmas took a few days to get through to them but they booked me in for 28/12/2023 to run their own diagnostics. 28/12/2023 Took car in to Trade Centre so could check the car – They agreed it was the Oxygen Sensor and Booked me in for repair on 30/01/2024. I was told they had no earlier slots, and I would be fine to carry on driving car when I said I was afraid of problem worse. During diagnosing the problem, they reset the Engine Management Light. During drive home light comes back on. 29/12/2023 - 29/01/2024 I carry on driving the car but closer to the date, engine goes to reduced power every now and again – not being a mechanic I presumed that this was due to above fault. 20/01/2024 Not expecting any more problems paid off the finance on the car using personal loan from bank with lower interest rate. 30/01/2024 Trade Centre replace to O2 sensor (They also take it on a roughly 60mile road trip which seems a bit excessive to me – I can’t prove this as something prompted me take a picture of milage when I handed car in but I forgot take one on collection – only remembered next day.) 06/02/2024 Engine goes in reduced power mode again and engine management light comes on – Thinking the Trade centre’s 28 day warranty period was over I booked the car the into local garage for the next day to get problem fixed under the lifetime warranty package. Fault seems to clear after engine was switched off. 07/02/2024 In the Morning, I take it to local garage who say as the light gone off – the warranty company is unlikely to cover the cost of the repair or diagnostics and recommend I contact them when the light comes back on. In the evening the light comes back on and luckily I manage to get it back to the garage just before it shuts for the day. 08/02/2024 The Garage sends me a diagnostics video showing a lot error codes been picked up by their diagnostics machine including codes for Oxygen sensor and Nox Sensors, Accelerator pedal and several more. Video also shows EGR Hose not connected to the intake manifold properly, they believed this was confusing the onboard system as it is unlikely this many sensors would trigger at same the time but they couldn’t be certain until they repaired the hose. 13/02/2024 Finally get the car back as it took a while to get approval and payment for the repairs from the Warranty company. Garage told me to keep an eye the car as errors had cleared with the hose but couldn’t 100% certain that’s what caused the problem. 06/03/2024 Engine management light comes on again. Fed up I go into Trade Centre as I was just around the corner when it happened and asked them how to reject the car or have the problem fixed. They insist that as it’s over 28 days I need to get the car fixed under the warranty package I purchased and they could no longer fix the car as it was over 28 days. When I tried telling them it appeared to be the same or related problem they said they couldn’t help as I hadn’t contacted them earlier. I asked them if they were willing to connect the car to the diagnostics machine and tell me what the problem was, as a goodwill gesture, which he agreed to do and took the car to the back He came back around 30 minutes later and said they took a look at the sensor they replaced previously and there was nothing wrong with it and engine management light went off when they removed the sensor to check it. When I asked what the error code he couldn’t give me an exact fault but the said it one of the problems I told him earlier (Accelerator pedal). I have this visit audio recorded on my phone – I informed the reps I was recording several times. As the light wasn’t on, local garage couldn’t book me for a repair under warranty. 07/03/2024 Light came on so managed to book back into local garage for the 12/03/2024 Whilst waiting to take car into garage, I borrowed a OBD sensor and scanned for errors on the car. This showed the following errors: P11BE – Manufacturer specific code (Google showed this to be NOX sensor) P0133 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1: Response too Slow 12/03/2024 Took car to local garage and the confirmed the above errors. This leads me to believe that either Trade Centre UK reps lied and just reset the light or just didn’t check properly (Obviously I am unable to prove this) 22/03/2024 Finally got the car back as according to garage, the warranty company took a long to time to pay for the repairs 28/04/2024 Engine management Light has come back on. Using the borrowed OBD scanner I am getting the following codes: P0133 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1: Response too Slow P2138 - Accelerator Position Sensors (G79) / (G185): Implausible Correlation I have not yet booked into a garage as I wanted to see what my rights are in terms of rejecting the car as to me the faults seem related. I can’t keep using taxi or train to get to work every time the car goes into the garage as it is getting very expensive. Am I right in thinking that they have used up their chance to repair when they conducted the repair end of January or when they refused to repair it in February ? If I am still able to reject the vehicle could you point to any sample letters or emails I can use. Thankyou for your advice on my next steps.
    • Ok noted about the screenshot uploads. In terms of screwing up I had one previous ticket that defaulted and ended up in a CCJ from Southend airport because for some reason during COVID I didn't receive their claim form just a notice of default. This hospital ticket was the 2nd ticket that went to CCJ due to a lack of knowledge of the process. Maybe it's easier just to pay them in future I'm thinking though, I don't get them very often anyway
    • Car maker takes a hit from weakening demand and price war in the world's largest electric vehicle market.View the full article
    • please stop posting up unnecessary unnamed screenshot files  you've done it throughout your threads and we have to renamed them. RENAME THE FILE before you upload if its just text information like a defence or a claim history or a link to a previous post  type it here not by an unnamed screenshot attachment  . sorry NM but you've been here dealing with PPC claims since 2021 somehow you always manage to screw up.......or do totally the opposite of std repeated advice on 10'000 of PPC threads here you are your own worst enemy... dx  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

First victory to Lloyds

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6039 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I agree entirely with the comments made here however, what i would be concerned about is if i had a claim going through in Birmingham allocated to DJ Cooke. He has now shown his hand and he is clearly Defendant friendly. He is the Bank Charge Judge in Birmingham and it is a fact that he is allocated all the Bank Charge claims and he block hears them........just like Kevs.....Therefore, we all now know what his Judgment is likely to be based on the Pleadings and Trial Bundle copied from this site. The question is how many will reach DJ Cooke's court room from now on and suffer the same fate..... I am NOT saying this is the death knell far from it but what about next weeks cases before JUDGE COOKE??????

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

birmingham district court too - boy am i glad i got my 6.5k back a couple of months ago before they started with all this dispensing of the aq etc!! i've been reading the lloyds forum - lats, you think this one's on meltdown - i think that one's on fire!!! about 300 peeps viewing!!:eek:

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

Oh dear ... this is a bit of a blow

:mad:

After reading the entire thread though, it would seem that the Claimant was not very well prepared and clearly couldnt have followed the thorough directions offered by CAG.

I can only hope that people will understand the importance of good preparation and sticking to each and every step of the tried and tested route.

It's time to buckle up and not loose the path, which leads to a

successful claim.

If I have been helpful, PLEASE click the scales

You may receive differing advice as people have had different experiences. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I offer is done so informally, without prejudice & without liability.

I WON !!!!

HERE WE GO AGAIN .... BRING IT ON

:D

hi, i have received an allocation questionaire to fill in, as the bank hsbc has denied all charges and put a defence that there charges are all not default charges and is defending all...

now i need to pay another £100, for the allocation questionaire on top of my 120£ paid for filling the case... the bank stopped the £120 cheque and the case was frozen for 2 wks as i didnt know that and i had money in the bank.....

i dunno whats next they will be upto

Oh dear ... this is a bit of a blow

After reading the entire thread though, it would seem that the Claimant was not very well prepared and clearly couldnt have followed the thorough directions offered by CAG.

I can only hope that people will understand the importance of good preparation and sticking to each and every step of the tried and tested route.

It's time to buckle up and not loose the path, which leads to a

successful claim.

Depends on which Claimant you are referring to.The CAG member Claimant was well prepared unfortunately the judge does not appear to live in the real world.

well why did he loose then?

Having looked through the judgment, it appears that the contention is simple - that the charges cannot be penalty charges simply because there has been no breach of contract to be penalised in the first place. It then follows that the charges are simply agreed fees for extra services which the bank provides to its customers. This is a very poor attempt at cloaking penalties; the "services" are provided without the customer's consent, and furthermore their use is not encouraged by the bank. The judge makes a clear distinction between the OFT credit card ruling, an area where contracts routinely contain conditions prohibiting exceeding limits, missing payments etc (thus making the charges automatically penalty charges rather than agreed fees etc) and this bank case, where there is nothing in the terms and conditions of the contract with the bank to say "You must not go overdrawn! You must not allow DDs to bounce!" etc. This is nonsense, for the simple reason that almost all correspondence from banks after a breach (or, sorry, after a "use of an extra service which the bank provides on your behalf for a fee without notifying you") - the famous £30 letter - contains some kind of request not to do it again, rather than a sign-off along the lines of "We hope you found this service useful, please keep bouncing DDs and going overdrawn if it helps you out!" or somesuch. I would contend that just that wording alone would be enough to drop the cloak and show that there was indeed an implied term in the contract stating that going overdrawn without authority was indeed a breach, and *not* simply a pre-agreed extension of the bank's services and one which they were within their rights to charge for.

The later part of the judgment is pure fantasy stuff - the judge refused to allow the claimant to use any evidence whatsoever that the banks were charging vastly more than it actually cost them to carry out these "services" on their customers' behalf, and instead began working using a model of the banks' profitability in general, relying on a frankly misguided notion that not only was it perfectly acceptable for banks to subsidise wealthy customers by charging poorer ones, but that this is apparently in fact the only way banks can make money at all, and that this is how and why they are able to provide all those call centres, cash machines etc. At one point, the judge actually lays out what he understands to be the way which banks can break even - to get a balance of customers who pay (willingly) for being graciously allowed the use of extra services like unauthorised overdrafts, and customers who don't want all those extras and just keep their accounts in credit. On this basis, the banks are free to charge precisely whatever they like, because the charges cannot be unreasonable since they're the only thing keeping a beneficial business afloat. This is an entirely absurd and wholly indefensible position and would quickly have fallen apart under closer scrutiny. I refer back to the letter I mention above; surely, if these services were no more than a lifeline of income for the bank rather than any kind of penalty, they would positively be encouraging customers to take up these services, rather than warning them not to keep issuing cheques etc. ALL of this would stop being an issue as soon as the banks release information regarding how much it actually costs to do this stuff, and how much of their income was derived from these charges as opposed to interest on capital held, investments etc. That would be admissible as evidence of the charges' reasonableness (or lack of) and render this entire line of argument redundant.

I find the judges' reasoning extremely flawed on both of those grounds and, while I've no idea what would happen during an appeal, I think those would be good lines of argument for anyone stuck in that situation to fire back should a similarly loopy judge start giving the questions they gave Kev.

• Haha 2

AAAAAAAGGGGHHHHH

Sorry...

People need to read the details of the news properly. I feel really sorry for Kev.

There were TWO claims judged in this case. The 1st 'Haughton' was NOT prepared.

The 2nd Kev WAS prepared and the judge called him a "model litigant'. I think the problems we need to address are further than making sure that we have the right paperwork in the right order. We need a rebuttle to the judges contention that the charges are not related to breach of contract and are proportionate.

Sorry for the shouting but the chinese whisper effect is driving me nuts.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

First Direct - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 29/12/06

Statements recieved 15/1/07 - >£3000 owed

Prelim sent 16.01.07

Partial offer received 01.02.2007

LBA and letter rejecting paltry offer sent 02.02.2007

MCOL filed mid Feb 07

AQ 26th March

BoS - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 29/12/06

Statements received 1.02.2007 - Prelim sent 02.02.2007

Hi

I am shocked by today's ruling and work as a direct debit co-ordinator for a large electrcity company. And know how much work is involved never mind the minimal cost implications. To deal with one account alone i would say that the process of "servicing" the account is approx a 20 minute job that includes bouncing the payment on the account, contacting a customer 3 times by phone, if you cannot get in touch a letter most of which is done in no time at all. That does not justify the cost for the administration and also any cost to the bank which correct me if i am wrong would be very little.

I too have a court case looming and eager to know anything to do with thoughts etc. i would also offer my time should they at some point need someone to explain how the process works, however they may not use the same finance system but the tasks involved would all be the same.

Good luck to you all kindest regards burdie

Guys,

Reading this judgment in full has really upset me. The Judge seems to have made a very careful observation and looking at his argument, I'm finding it difficult to disagree. Perhaps, in relation to HSBC and other defendants, it will rely entirely on whether those Banks' Terms & Conditions contractually obliged you to have sufficient funds in your account or contractually obliged you not go over your overdraft limit. Surely, if that was the case, then they charges can be construed as 'penalties' and therefore 'unfair' under the various Acts & Caselaw we've all been referring to?

AAAAAAAGGGGHHHHH

Sorry...

People need to read the details of the news properly. I feel really sorry for Kev.

There were TWO claims judged in this case. The 1st 'Haughton' was NOT prepared.

The 2nd Kev WAS prepared and the judge called him a "model litigant'. I think the problems we need to address are further than making sure that we have the right paperwork in the right order. We need a rebuttle to the judges contention that the charges are not related to breach of contract and are proportionate.

Sorry for the shouting but the chinese whisper effect is driving me nuts.

I quite agree. The above are some suggested lines of rebuttal to the judge's arguments. Kev couldn't have been any better prepared in terms of his bundle and his homework, and it's really unfortunate that too many people are skim-reading the news report followed by the judgment and not distinguishing between the two claimants.

However (and this is in no way a dig at you Kev), he obviously wasn't completely prepared (and who would be?) for the grilling by the judge, because from reading the judgment it was his ready acceptance of the charges not being penalties for breach which set the judge off on this daffy train of thought. Kev was then backed into a bit of a corner, forced to try and argue about the charges being unreasonable rather than flat-out unlawful and the judge was having none of it, simply because there isn't any admissible hard evidence (other than common sense) that the charges ARE unreasonable.

Still, Kev did everything else right, including seeking proper help as soon as he got the judgment in draft and getting a proper response in. There was a failure to use the "that's utter [edit]" defence against the judge's claim that the only way banks stay in business is by charging some customers extra, but I don't think there's very much he or Tom Brennan could do to change a mistaken mind once it was made up, so it probably wouldn't have made any difference.

Arrrrrrrrh, panic is setting in:o , my 28 days is up on 19th of this month, got to let off steam. So how many of us think this will make the sols offer less but earlier in the hope that we'll all be worried as hell that it'll be us next, afterall we've all been so confident that we'll get all our money back but no matter how many people say "don't worry" we were never completely cetain before but now!!!! omg what if i get nothing if i take it all the way?!!! Be interesting to see how many offers come in over the next few days loads or none, banks could play it either way, do i stand firm in my belief that i'll win, or take what i can get and run!!!! That's if they offer anything at all.

My account was opened years ago about 1989, then changed to joint account can't remember when I've got no idea type of account (except that it's a current acc with chq card) or terms and conditions, or conditions of overdraft, had mad clear out about a year ago and as had no overdraft facilty at that point i didn't keep any of the documentation so how do i go about finding out what the terms of the overdraft were, without the bank thinking i'm running scared?

ok some steam let off now but still really really worried. One small consolation i'm not with Lloyds TSB (sorry Lloyds TSB customers)

I have just heard a broadcast on my local radio that a judge has found for the defense stating that bank charges are part of the service. It was a case in Birmingham. Has anyone else heard it?

Thanks for moving this here, was a flying visit and just wanted to see what had happened as i only caught the end of the radio news... good luck with the appeal

Feels like a lost little girl x

Lloyds victory in Birmingham

It is important to get this in perspective.

This judgment was produced by a District Judge in a County Court. This means that the judgment is not binding on any other court or on any other judge in the country. Of course there might be some judges who may be influenced by it and no doubt Lloyds will be encouraged.

May people and the press are saying that it is the first time that a case has actually gone before a judge and this first time, a judge has immediately come down in favour of the bank. This is not true. This is not the first case. Many cases have come before the courts in similar circumstances.

The bank - as on many occasions before - failed to submit its bundle. It appeared to lose interest. They didn't make the expected offer of settlement. On the day of the hearing, they didn't turn up.

This has happened many times before with many banks and credit card companies. In every case previously the judge dismissed the defence and found in favour of the claimant.

This case was different because the judge actually conducted a line of questioning. He secured admissions from Kevin on several points and eventually produced a judgment which was in favour of the bank.

There is no reason why other judges should follow this and conduct similar cases in a similar way.

In his judgment the judge admits that really has been provided with insufficient evidence by either of the parties. He agrees that he does not even have a copy of the current account contract.

He then goes on to say that, taking a relaxed view of the rules of evidence he decided to find out what the banks T&Cs were for himself. He did this by surfing the Internet. The Judge states that he was unable to discover any further information on the bank's website and was therefore obliged to make a decision based the scant information available to him and on the basis of certain assumptions and inferences which he made during his reasoning.

Very significantly the judge did not particularly seek to look behind the contract at what really happened in the real world of personal banking. The judge felt that this was not necessary as he felt that the contract worked perfectly well as stated. This means that when he made his decision, it was based purely on the written contractual terms as Lloyds bank claim them to be.

A particular problem with this in my view is that by accepting without question the bank's interpretation of the current account contract the judge opens the door to any organisation to get round the law of penalty charges merely be producing a document which describes them as a "service".

The judge did not discuss the fact that for over one hundred years many senior judges have recognised that parties do try do circumvent penalty charge law by cloaking their penalties as services. Even the OFT in their April 2006 report specifically warned banks against the practice of disguising penalties as services.

Despite this, many of the banks have done exactly this and this Birmingham Judge appears to condone the practice.

A particular weakness of the judgment is that it ignores the intended effect of consumer legislation such as UTCCR 1999. Consumer legislation generally is intended to imply terms into contracts in order to redress the balance between greatly unequal bargain partners - the banks one hand, and the consumer on the other. The judge appears to have applied very strict business principles. He appears not at all to considered the inequality of the bargaining parties which is such an important aspect of modern Contract Law.

If this judge's ruling is allowed to stand or is followed by other County Court judges then it will render UTCCR and other consumer legislation completely useless because any powerful organisation will be able to avoid it simply by having the right wording in their T&Cs.

If for only this reason I do not think that the judgment in Berwick v lloyds will have any lasting effect.

What should you do right now?

I think that the clear lesson here is that claimants should start taking their claims rather more seriously then they have so far.

Claims need proper preparation and ordinary litigants in person need to let other know that their claims are going to court.

This victory by Lloyds is discouraging but there is no reason yet to suggest that people should not stop claiming their money back.

Just start taking it seriously and prepare in good time.

We've said it often before - now here's the proof.

Truly HH you have spoken wisely.

Now I'm going to have a Jameson and forget about my court bundle until tomorrow, when I'm sure the pain will continue.

Take care all and keep your chins up:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

First Direct - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 29/12/06

Statements recieved 15/1/07 - >£3000 owed

Prelim sent 16.01.07

Partial offer received 01.02.2007

LBA and letter rejecting paltry offer sent 02.02.2007

MCOL filed mid Feb 07

AQ 26th March

BoS - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 29/12/06

Statements received 1.02.2007 - Prelim sent 02.02.2007

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

are we able to get hold of the terms and cinditions at all? ive spent ages now trying to find them online and there is simply nothing there. the "£30 letter" doesnt say the charges are a penalty, but in the wording it never actually says they are making charges its very well worded to get around the fact.

think i may go in the branch tomorrow and request the t&c's. surely they have to do this legally

having read the actual judgement a lot of it centres around the fact that there was no breach of contract, however I think we are all missing a fundamental part of this claim....Lloyds never submitted a court bundle and the Litigant did.....surely he should have claimed for a judgement due to the breach of a court order.

Anyway Martin Lewis is offering his services financially etc for an appeal so he should win anyway in the end.

Abbey £4340.59 *WON* Jan 07

Abbey II MCOL 31/03/07 £8800.00

Please note..I AM NOT AN EXPERT ANYTHING WHAT I POST IS PURELY MY OPINION AND MAY BE WRONG IT IS JUST BASED ON MY UNDERSTANDING OR EXPERIENCE

Read my latest claim its a fast track potentially

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/61406-noobrider-abbey-take-2-a.html?highlight=noobrider

read my first claim which includes attending a directions hearing in court

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/10576-noobrider-abbey.html?highlight=noobrider

Guest ChloeJane

Paul,

In some ways yes Kevin was not fully prepared - 2 questions were clearly not ones expected.

Yes you are wrong if in fact you write a cheque with no known money in the account - however the judge has also contradicted himself in stating that at no stage are you to know what amounts are in your account....20 - 21.

Yes you are wrong if in fact you write a cheque on the basis of a third party cheque not being cleared funds - as these were not yours to yet promise to another.

A cheque for example or a Direct Debit or standing order is in fact an agreement or gaurantee as a promise to pay - the arguement was and should have been that this was not in dispute - the cost of the charges were.

The Judge has stated there is not contractual agreement - however this is flawed as judgement as there is. The arguement was always about the cost of the charges, not that A CHARGE - was in fact fair, merely it had to be proportionate. Point 31 - yet did not require the Bank in their defence or through the process, to have to disclose their fees, so Kevin did not stand a chance at this point as what did he have to refer to?

While I have no doubt that Kevin was well prepared, no one could have been prepared for a judge that was to have pre conceived the whole thing and done his own research with his own theory.To argue at the level with a high level of legal arguement that was sought, it was an unfair playing field.

The whole point is, that it is not arguable that a fee is due for a service or for the tasks, it is the amount of the fees that are being argued, which the judge failed to note.

I have written to Kevin and agreed he has a great appeal - however again it goes back to - this is a singular case and one judge.

CJ