• Tweets

• Paint is a free programme on any Windows PC. But don't worry, the choice here is not either perfection or nothing. As you say, use your scanner, save the file ... and then use the "choose files" option when you post to CAG to add the file. We can do all the redacting and converting to the correct file type at this end.  The important thing is just to get the info to us. Why not do an experiment this afternoon and see if the above works?  
    • I see they're trying to round up asylum seekers and lock them up for about three months so they can be put on planes to Rwanda. I'm a bit surprised that this is legal.  
    • thought for the day "Prime ministers need a big strategy that tells you where you’re going, you need a bunch of tactics that get you there, and you need the ability to take everybody else with you."   Now I know you are all thinking 'why is the  UKs destination Rwanda ???
    • Asset Link filed for a default CCJ against me, in relation to an old Barclaycard debt which I apparently signed an agreement for back in 2000.   I did not own a Barclaycard in 2000 so I know this is not true.  The CCJ notice was sent to an old address so I did not receive it.  Years later when I found out about the CCJ when I applied for credit, I put an application in to have the CCJ set aside.   As part of the set aside case, I was asked by the judge to provide a draft defence, should the CCJ be set aside.   The defence I provided was that I did not admit to the debt as I had not been provided with any evidence of an original loan agreement.   I won the case and the CCJ was set aside.   Link then filed to court again to make me pay the debt.   We both filed directions questionnaires and the judge allocated the claim to the small claims track.   As part of the directions, additional directions given were as follows ' Additional Directions in a claim for an Assigned Debt - Because the claim is in respect of an assigned debt the Court makes the following directions for the management of claim.  The claim shall be automatically struck out at 4pm on 3 April 2024 unless, before that time, the Claimant delivers to the Court and to the Defendant the following documents'  It then listed various documents such as an original agreement, deed of assignment, notice of default, statement of account setting out how the alleged debt accrued under that agreement etc.     The Claimant failed to provide these documents within the deadline provided and instead I received a copy of a bundle of documents provided by them in preparation for the court date, this was received weeks after the deadline.    I have called the Court to ask if it has been automatically struck out and they advised that it is not automatic and that I should still send my witness statement by the deadline provided, which is Wednesday.  This does not give me much time to prepare my witness statement.   I have never done anything like this before and I am unclear what my witness statement should include.  My thoughts were that I should keep it simple and stick to the facts, like the fact thy have not provided evidence of the original agreement, or the deed of assignment of the debt.   They have provided a copy of a default notice from Baclaycard dated 2015, this states a figure of £550 but the debt they say I owe is £10k.   I am not sure what makes a valid default notice?   I have previously requested proof of the debt from Barclaycard directly and have evidence of emails between us where they have been unable to provide me with the agreement or any documents at all relating to the debt.   Should I include these as an appendix?  Are there any other documents I should include in my bundle?    I have also tried to mediate with the claimants, to save the court costs and time, on a without prejudice basis, but the claimants solicitors refused to mediate.   Should i state this in my witness statement too to show the judge that I have been reasonable and they haven't? Many thanks   Louise
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Bryan Carter Help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6137 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi ev1,

Just a quick note to say B/C received my letter today by g/d. Will have to wait and see what happens within the next 7 days.:|

Does anyone know what will happen if he manages to find it?:confused:

Hi ev1,

I have just received a letter from B/C this morning with an attached copy of 'Notice of Discontinuance' which has been forwarded to Northampton County Court that says:

IN THE NORTHAMPTON COUNTY COURT

NOTICE OF DISCONTINUANCE OF PROCEEDINGS

TAKE NOTICE, that the Claimant hereby wholly discontinues this action against the Defendant.

We certify that we have given Notice of Discontinuance of proceedings to every Defendant against whom the Claimant desires to discontinue.

BRYAN CARTER & Co

Claimant's Solicitors

Just a few Q's:

Does this mean that this case is now closed?

Can this debt be chased again by other parties or is it now unenforcable?

Can I get this cleared off my credit file?

Thanx.

:confused:

Guest Mincemeat

I think you need to keep up the pressure on BC and make him remove the default, (but I'm not too sure how to proceed). A nice result though

Guest Mincemeat

That is the crux of the matter. You need a statement from BC stating they will no longer pursue this matter and will not sell it on (not that they won't try to do later on). What you need to do is get them to remove any adverse credit info on the CRA's (gosh, I'm full of advice without any actual help today! )

Symeon,

You posted up the details of the letter at 10.02am and posted again before 11.30am! A little patience wouldn't go amiss!:rolleyes: In answer to your PM, I did try to post a response earlier this morning, but I am having problems with my laptop which prevented me from submitting the message, that's all. It's got nothing to do with an intention not to offer any further advice, I'm a grown up, Symeon, credit me with a little more sense!

In answer to your questions, the case is over, finished. They cannot raise another case against you on the same facts. You do not need to send a letter to B/C to get them to confirm that they will not pursue you, the NoD has served that purpose. I would also caution against writing to them asking for assurances that they will not sell the debt on, don't give them ideas! I cannot guarantee that they won't do that, however, I think it's unlikely given that the NoD has been issued. They have decided that the case cannot be won, so I think it's safe to say it's over.

With regard to the DN, you will need to write to B/C insisting that their client immediately remove it. Tell B/C that that a claim will be filed with the County Court for breaches under the Data Protection Act 1998 and defamation unless it is removed forthwith. That will hopefully do the trick. They have no legal right to keep that marker on your file because by filing the NoD they are in effect saying you don't owe any money. They may try to resist but you have to demonstrate to them in your letter, that not removing it spells BIG trouble for them!

Regards,

Laiste.:)

• Haha 1

Symeon,

You posted up the details of the letter at 10.02am and posted again before 11.30am! A little patience wouldn't go amiss!:rolleyes: In answer to your PM, I did try to post a response earlier this morning, but I am having problems with my laptop which prevented me from submitting the message, that's all. It's got nothing to do with an intention not to offer any further advice, I'm a grown up, Symeon, credit me with a little more sense!

Laiste, why do you feel the need to post such 'childish' remarks?

I have never been anything other than polite to you! :-|

As for 'being patient', I wasn't rushing anyone. I merely asked you for your opinion which you have given and is a great help apart from your first paragraph!

As I said in my PM to you, I would like to thankyou for all the advice you have given me on the case. It is greatly appeciated.

Symeon

Laiste, why do you feel the need to post such 'childish' remarks?

I have never been anything other than polite to you! :-|

As for 'being patient', I wasn't rushing anyone. I merely asked you for your opinion which you have given and is a great help apart from your first paragraph!

As I said in my PM to you, I would like to thankyou for all the advice you have given me on the case. It is greatly appeciated.

Symeon

Laiste is quite right in what she has said and comments like that only mean that laiste who does this is her own personal time will not be willing to do it anymore, or help anyone else.

Meshi,

As this is the first time you have posted in my thread, I think you should read through it properly!

At no point whatsoever have I had a problem with Laiste. She has been a GREAT help to me and her advice is sound.

What I am stating is there is no need for sarcastic comments! I fail to see how my comment will as you say prevent Laiste from helping others!

IMO, Laiste is a great asset to ppl of this site so unless you want to comment on the actual topic which is Bryan Carter Help!, please refrain from posting in my thread!

Regards,

Symeon.;-)

Ok,Ok meshi is protecting the interests of Laiste as we wouldn't want to loose a superb advisor,symeon, Laiste deals with 100's of cases,she was not being awkward with you,just mearly stating that she wasn't ignoring you.and that you would have had your answer to your question..no worries for anyone.:)

Ok,Ok meshi is protecting the interests of Laiste as we wouldn't want to loose a superb advisor,symeon, Laiste deals with 100's of cases,she was not being awkward with you,just mearly stating that she wasn't ignoring you.and that you would have had your answer to your question..no worries for anyone.:)

I would like to set the record straight once an for all!...

I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH LAISTE :x

I just don't see the need for 'fly' comments! I have never thought Laiste was ignoring me or that she was being 'awkward'.

I sent her a PM to break the ice as our last posts to each other were a little heated to say the least!

I understand Laiste deals with hundreds of cases and her advice to us is free.

That does not however give ppl the right to speak to others anyway they want!

Can i just say that there are a lot of stressed people on this site and bickering really is not helpful to anyone. We all look at these threads to get help and inspiration from others in the same boat, or from those that are giving up their valuable free time to help us all.:)

Can i just say that there are a lot of stressed people on this site and bickering really is not helpful to anyone. We all look at these threads to get help and inspiration from others in the same boat, or from those that are giving up their valuable free time to help us all.:)

Couldn't have put it better myself!;-)

I have already had to intervene once in this thread due to pointless bickering, please either stick to the subject of the thread, or I will be forced to take more draconian action. Something I would rather not do on a thread that has some extremely valuable input from all sides.

help please

I have previously received a court demand for part of debt - which I foolishly paid

i have now received a claim form from court for remainder

can i send cca and letter for further information or am i stuffed.

also - this is dated 31 may 07 and under bryan carter and co - but i understand that they have now ceased trading from the thread

ta in anticipation

John

Hi all,

Does any1 know how long I should be allowing for BC to remove the DN?

In my letter requesting removal, I didn't state a deadline I just wrote what Laiste advised saying it should be removed forthwith.

Thanx in Advance.

Symeon.;)

Hi again,

I have just checked my Credit File and the DN is logged twice.

Firstly under FREDRICKSON (which I presume is BC) and secondly under EGG BANKING PLC.

Not sure why it has been logged by both companies.:confused:

If BC remove the DN as requested then will I still be left with the one from EGG or will my request cover both as it's for the same debt?

Thanx Again.

Symeon.;)

Hi again ev1,

I would just like to inform ppl that I have apologised to Laiste for my previous conduct.

As I said to Laiste, I just see RED whenever I feel someone is getting at me and I always have to be argumentative even when there is nothing to argue about! I've no idea why I do it but it is something I need to (and will) work on.

I have re-read the thread and my comments to Laiste and have FINALLY realised that my behaviour was unacceptable and I am very sorry to Laiste as I was wrong and will not happen again!:|

Symeon.;)

Thank you Symeon for having the strength to admit that you were somewhat out of line in your treatment of Laiste.

She is superb at what she does and so supportive when you really are desperate for advice.

I'm pleased for you that things are going well in your fight to rid yourself of this debt and the adverse remarks on your file.

Good luck with the DN removal.