Anyone know who this number is?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5161 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

See Kennyparkroads Littlewoods thread. HTF can they register a default when they have failed to pve a debt????

Sorry ODC but can you explain that to me?

Whats pve?

What does it mean if they've registered a default?

I thought this letter might be good news, but now i'm unsure.

I have carried on making payments to legal direct since the CCA request.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Traceyc, I've just read your thread as I have had dealings with Littlewoods and received the same document which was not signed by me as a credit agreement. I think what ODC is saying is Littlewoods cannot register a default on your credit file as they have failed to prove there is a debt. I would stop paying them as they have said on their letter that they will not be pursuing the account for the outstanding balance.

Penny.

Hi Traceyc, I've just read your thread as I have had dealings with Littlewoods and received the same document which was not signed by me as a credit agreement. I think what ODC is saying is Littlewoods cannot register a default on your credit file as they have failed to prove there is a debt. I would stop paying them as they have said on their letter that they will not be pursuing the account for the outstanding balance.

Penny.

Exactly. just a bit of a typo. Did you think PVE was some sort of legal term Tracey. If they put a default on your credit file it stays for 6 years. They have failed to prove a debt so I cannot legally see how you can default on something which didnt exist

Thanks everyone :)

To be honest i'm not that concerned about the default as i have other debts to clear that will take longer than 6 yrs to clear, so i'm kinda black listed anyway & at least it stops me being tempted into more debt!!

I just wanted to be able to pay the agreed amount without illegal harrassment from debt agencies, but if they have wrote the debt off i will stop paying...as long as they dont start sending me letters & calls again!!

Sorry to ask again but do i need to notify legal direct (who i have actually been paying the money to)??

Thanks everyone :)

To be honest i'm not that concerned about the default as i have other debts to clear that will take longer than 6 yrs to clear, so i'm kinda black listed anyway & at least it stops me being tempted into more debt!!

I just wanted to be able to pay the agreed amount without illegal harrassment from debt agencies, but if they have wrote the debt off i will stop paying...as long as they dont start sending me letters & calls again!!

Sorry to ask again but do i need to notify legal direct (who i have actually been paying the money to)??

Keep a copy of the letter writing off the debt. Its not your job to inform legal direct. There is no debt for them to claim on now. If by any chance the mail order company foolishly seel this debt on to some other DCA you will have the letter as proof the debt has been written off

Morning

Does anybody know if this number is a debt collector, either moorcroft or rossendales possibly

ive tried ringing and it just says this person wont except your call

they are ringing me everyday through the day when i am at work but they never leave a message

Any ideas how i find out who it is?

It cant be anybody i know as they would ring my mobile, thats why i am assuming its a debt collector

cheers

• 5 months later...

Hello everyone.

I'm sorry to bump up such an old thread but im having a similar problem myself, although its Orange and not Littlewoods.

The one difference is that, as a student i dont live at home anymore so the calls are being made to my parents house.

What I'd like advice on is how to start corresponding with Moorcroft from my student address.

Will i need to phone and explain? Or shall i send them a letter complaining about the calls and including my new address?

Most companies have my address registered as my parents house as you often aren't allowed to register a student house.

I'd also be interested to hear if anyone else has had any experience with Orange in the past.

Thanks!

NEVER PHONE THEM

Send them this from your new address

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

NEVER PHONE THEM

Hi Rusty

You are probably better off starting your own thread for this, so if you need any more help it won't get confused with the first few pages.

I've now sent a pm to one of the mods.

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

• 2 years later...

JUst this week ive started getting phone calls from moorcroft out of the blue,i have some debts and a few ive struggled with but always paid them can they do that?just get a debt company to threaten you.i read what tracey said and im now waiting to see if i get a threatening letter from them.Should i do the same and ask for the credit agreement.I didnt answer any of the calls when i found out who they were,any help would be appreciated