Anyone know who this number is?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5177 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It will say something like "Thank you for your e-mail, we will respond to it sometime before the universe becomes a black hole, please call XXX so our trained torturers can harang you.

Have a nice day"

LOL :)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go on to the post office web site you can check. Although sometimes it takes a couple of days for it to show up. There is a number on your receipt you can ring to confirm delivery

Thanks i will wait a couple of days & then have a go!

Just been reading another thread & they said they can track the recorded delivery letters.

How do i do that?

Sorry never sent anything recorded delivery before!

Tracey, this is the Royal Mail Track & Trace Site

You should find a number at the bottom of the recorded delivery slip - like this

DL098622585GB (This was one of mine). Just type it in and hit the button - it will come up with information on your letter.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Finally got on the post office tracking site, it shows only 1 letter, the one to moorecroft has been delivered, the ones to legal direct & littlewoods say check back another time!

Should i be concerned??

I am no longer welcome on CAG

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Got a call from 01614752875, told them i wasnt in!!!

When i asked who was calling they said its private i've been harrassed in the past & dont want to talk to them but how can i foind out who they are?

Put number in yahoo & got a link to a thread here but it had been stopped. But it said something about parasite numbers & the other link went to a forum who said they were dodgey & it could be from national debt line!

Can anyone help or shed some light for me?

CHOOSE TO REFUSE JJUST DIAL 14258** AND THEY ARE BARRED FROM CALLING YOU AGAIN - NOW WORKS ON INT. NUMBERS TOO. MAIL CHOOSE TO REFUSE ON [email protected] for further info

OK finally goy an update:

Got a letter from Moorcroft stating:

''We write further to your recent letter. We can now confirm that on this occasion we are unable to provide a copy of the signed credit agreement requested. We therefore return the postal order submitted in that connection.

We are now closing this account & returning it to our client''

Not sure if 'hteir' client is Legal Direct or Littlewoods!!

Had a letter from littlewoods:-

''With reference to letter dated 13th May 2007, requesting a copy of the credit agreement.

Under sections 77 & 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 we are required to provide a copy of the excuted agreement (if any). On the assumption that you have signed the agreement supplied to you at the time of opening your account. We enclose a copy of our agreement, which complies with the requirements of the Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices & Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983.

They are trying (& succeeding!) to blind me with legal talk.

Heres a pic of the UNSIGNED (by me) ca, it looks lile a standard photocpoy, just info, there is a seperate box at the top (not shown in pic) with my name & present address (i was at another address when i first opened the account)

Hopefully someone out there can decipher it & tell me how to respond.

DSCF0606.jpg

Thankyou sooo much to everyone for your advice.

I have not heard from Moocroft by phone since but have received what i consider a very nasty & dodgy letter. At the top in red it says:

Pre-Court Division = Just a different Monkey Department

''We have been instructed by Littlewoods Extra Ltd to collect your overdue debt.

It is a legal requirement to send a notice of intended litigation ( They are in breach of OFT regs here threatening you with something they may not even have the authority to do ) before legal proccedings in the county court are They cannot say this again they are in breach of OFT Regulations issued. This letter fulfils this requirement even if it has not actually been read by you. What a load of CRAP

To prevent legal action from being taken it is essential that you settle this debt without delay. Payment should be submitted in full within 7 days or contact made with thiis office immediatly by telephone, or letter with your payment offer. Failure to contact us by 10am on 09/05/07 may result in legal proceedings being issued against you without further notice.

We draw your attention that is I take it this should be IF judgement & an order for repayment in full is obtained and remains unpaid enforcement of debt may be sought by one or more of the following procedures.

1. Warrant of execution by bailiffs against goods owned

2. application for attachment of earnings order with your present or future employer

3. application for a charging order on any property you may own or are purchasing under a mortgage..... ''

This is a SCARE letter designed to get you to ring their nasty monkeys who will pressurise you into making a payment you cannot afford.

They have a hell of a lot of legal steps to go through befor they can even attempt to bring this near a court.

To be honest its not worth the paper it's written on other than for you to report them to the OFT and Trading Standards

Now i have made regular payments to Littlewoods so i dont know why they have passed the debt on. Littlewoods did not notify me that they were passing the debt on, infact i spoke to them only a few weeks ago to confirm my arrangement when they asked me to contact them to see if i could increase my payments (which i couldnt/didnt)!!

Moorcraft said i had to contact them by 10am 0n 9/5/07 i only got the letter on Saturday 12th!! THEY ALWAYS DO THIS ITS A STANDARD PLOY

How do i deal with this?

My gut feeling is to ring as i'm in panic mode!

Or should i write & send a financial statement stating i cant increase payments & the CCA letter?

If i ring do i tell them i'm gonna send a CCA letter or should i keep that quite???

Should i ring Littlewoods & ask why they passed iton & why they didnt tell me?

Hope someone out there can help with some advice

Thanks

I could paper the walls with these letters. Read what I have highlighted in red

OK finally goy an update:

Got a letter from Moorcroft stating:

''We write further to your recent letter. We can now confirm that on this occasion we are unable to provide a copy of the signed credit agreement requested. We therefore return the postal order submitted in that connection.

We are now closing this account & returning it to our client''

Not sure if 'hteir' client is Legal Direct or Littlewoods!!

Had a letter from littlewoods:-

''With reference to letter dated 13th May 2007, requesting a copy of the credit agreement.

Under sections 77 & 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 we are required to provide a copy of the excuted agreement (if any). On the assumption that you have signed the agreement supplied to you at the time of opening your account. We enclose a copy of our agreement, which complies with the requirements of the Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices & Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983.

They are trying (& succeeding!) to blind me with legal talk.

Heres a pic of the UNSIGNED (by me) ca, it looks lile a standard photocpoy, just info, there is a seperate box at the top (not shown in pic) with my name & present address (i was at another address when i first opened the account)

Hopefully someone out there can decipher it & tell me how to respond.

DSCF0606.jpg

You posted as I was typing

:D

Thanks ODC, this site has been a real eye opener & a godsend!!

Any help on how to reply to littlewoods regarding my last post?

I read their letter as if they are saying i dont neccessarily need to have a ca, & that i should have it! & that they have done what is required of them by law!

Are they right?

Do i need to reply?

What do i say?

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Hello. I've just read your thread as i'm dealing with a different DCA acting on behalf of Littlewoods.

As far as i'm aware, you don't need to do anything because they have not complied with your request for a true copy of the executed agreement. They've just sent a standard document, which they admit in their letter. When are the expiry dates for the CCA?

I'm sure some-one more experienced will clarify everything. Have you read any of the other Littlewoods threads? They seem to be very (un)popular on this site!! :oops:

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Could I just post this shortcut as there seems to be occasionaly an abiguity about what people think they are asking for The Office of Fair Trading: Consumer Credit Act

Plus I concur with Hopeful1

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thank you for concurring Rory32 :) !

I really must log off now and go to bed. This site is so obsessive!

Night night all ;)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Could I just post this shortcut as there seems to be occasionaly an abiguity about what people think they are asking for The Office of Fair Trading: Consumer Credit Act

Plus I concur with Hopeful1

Sorry Rory i dont understand what your saying (too many big words for me lol!)

I looked at the link but found it confusing, i've read other threads & thought i had to write to littlewoods stating they had not sent me a true copy (if they have!)

Have they sent me the proper CCA or not??

I'm guessing not, but am only guessing!

They've just passed the 12 days but not 30 days.

Tracyc - its 44 days in total - 12 + 2 days when they default, if you are paying them you can stop. then its another 30 days and they commit a criminal offence. Littlewoods have, in total, sent me 2 different types of blank agreements- they don't go away easily. It will be up to you after this period how you play it. At the moment just sit tight and don't do anything.

It's not 44 days in total.

The 12 + 2 days are working days (so Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays are not included). The 30 days are calender days except when the 30th day would fall on a Sunday or bank holiday, in this case it would be 31 days.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

It's not 44 days in total.

The 12 + 2 days are working days (so Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays are not included). The 30 days are calender days except when the 30th day would fall on a Sunday or bank holiday, in this case it would be 31 days.

Its not actually 30 days. Its one calendar month so if they default on 28th January then they commit the offence on 28th February.

I looked at the link but found it confusing, i've read other threads & thought i had to write to littlewoods stating they had not sent me a true copy (if they have!)

Have they sent me the proper CCA or not??

I'm guessing not, but am only guessing!

bumpety bump!

They would appear to have sent you a conforming consumer credit agreement. However, in order to pursue you they would need to produce the one that you have signed.

• 1 month later...

Well i have an update!!

Got a letter from Littlewoods stating

''With reference to your letter i can confirm that we will not be pursuing the above account for the outstanding balance.

As the debt remains unsatisfied this will be noted on our internal file for future reference.

This information will also form part of your records at the Credit Reference Agencies where we share information.

This information will remain on your credit reference file for 6 years.

If you are charged any interest on your account (i'm not) any future interest charges will no longer be applied.''

Ok what does this mean in plain English????

Do i not have to pay them now?

What about legal direct who i actually pay the money to - do i have to carry on paying them?? (not heard from them at all - not even after CCA request)

do i write to legal direct & send a copy of this letter???

Any info appreciated - thanks.

If they do manage to get through to you refuse to answer their security questions.

This is for evryone, NEVER, NEVER EVER give out your answers to security questions when its an incoming call. they may be phishing for info.

This is for evryone, NEVER, NEVER EVER give out your answers to security questions when its an incoming call. they may be phishing for info.

Unfortunately some of the **** carry on regardless. This is when you tell them you are not the Mr X that they are looking for and they should not be talking to you oh yes and mention that you are recording the call and you are sure that te real Mr X will be interested to know they are discussing his personal business.