very quick, need advice

jmuggali
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6225 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just about to phone the Halifax back, I won by default but the Halifax have sent a letter and paid in £382.42 less than I claimed as they "dont consider that you are entitled to the further £382.42"!

Didn't they have a chance to file a defense at court, and can they do this? they say they will enter a defense, how can they if I've endered a judgment by default on the 24th of April?

Sorry it's not linked to my thread but I needed a quick answer. Cant touch the money as I havent got my cash card back after snaping it, doh!!!!

If they have paid you I cannot see how they can now enter a defence-maybe be worth giving the court a call to see if they have the case as open still.

Do you know what the £382.42 relates to?

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

If you issued an N1/MCOL, and they ignored it (did not acknowledge and/or defend) then you can ask the court for Judgment.

Inform the Court that they've paid what they have, and you are looking for the remainder. Very helpful people, court staff ...

Tell Halifax this on the phone - maybe they'll see reason? Maybe ...

Good luck.

"Weasel (n): any person or group that operates in that vast grey area between good ethical behaviour and the sort of activities that might send you to jail".

just done some sums, looks like they missed off my chrges from Nov 2000 untill March 2001 plus the intrest, however My 1st letter of complaint was registered with them on the 23rd of November 2006 as this was when I was first made aware that the charges on my account might not be legal.

I did do it arse backwards, claimed 2 lots 1st for 2003-2006 and now 2000-2003 started both claims together. If the Halifax wanted to defend have they not been given enough time to do so? thanks for the replies, phoning the court now.

If you issued an N1/MCOL, and they ignored it (did not acknowledge and/or defend) then you can ask the court for Judgment.

Inform the Court that they've paid what they have, and you are looking for the remainder. Very helpful people, court staff ...

Tell Halifax this on the phone - maybe they'll see reason? Maybe ...

Good luck.

I recived judgment on the 24th of April, they totally ignored my claim untill now.