linziloo v hsbc

linziloo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6193 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

DG never asked for my info either, but if you don't send it in it may hold up your claim because DG will say they haven't got it. Even though you are claiming against HSBC, DG are now dealing with the claim on their behalf, so they need your schedule.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Make sure figures tally up with your claim aswell. e.g the total charges + interest = what is on your claim form with the courts.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

Thefuture Vs HSBC

Hi to all, I'm new to this site, been reading a lot on mse but first time here so apologise if i'm butting in on thread, just not sure where i should post this. I've got an Acknowledgement of Service today from court, do I sit back and wait 28 days or are you saying I should now write to DG solicitors with details of claim, I seem to gather that from what I'm reading just need to be sure, was a bit spooked when got letter even though I was expecting it, seems to be so many different ways of handling this not sure which is best, any advise please.

Thanks

Hi linziloo. I submitted my claim back in the middle of March. DG defended and I have just received the stuff from MCOL saying that it is all being transfered to my local court.

Hi thefuture, you might find it easier to start your own thread. Go to HSBC's forum and click on "New Thread". As for your question - yes you send the schedule of your charges to DG with a covering letter saying " here is a copy of my charges which relate to claim No xxxxxxx."

• Haha 1

Hi thefuture, you might find it easier to start your own thread. Go to HSBC's forum and click on "New Thread". As for your question - yes you send the schedule of your charges to DG with a covering letter saying " here is a copy of my charges which relate to claim No xxxxxxx."

Hi jowalshy, thanks for reply I'll do that;)

hi jowalshy sounds like you are at the same process as me, its so scary though i have never done anything like this before, just like so many others on this site,just cant wait till its all over im no good at all this legal stuff, i dread getting the forms from the court cause i know i wont have a clue what it all means

i swear linzi - a year ago i didn't know how to open a spreadsheet much less fill one out - i didn't know anything about legal stuff (still don't as you will note by my excessive use of the words stuff and thingys). i watched trevor mc.d last may - asked my son if he wanted me to try - got him 2.2k back by october (first letter sent in june), and have just loved helping others to do the same - i still don't know what it's all about - but i'm good at following directions and passing them on. so, we are all in this together. there are some very c lever peeps here who will help you along if you find some part difficult - mostly it's just reading and following the pattern. you'll get there, promise!

• 3 weeks later...

hello ther, just recieved letter from local court stateing time and date of hearing,it says on the letter that if you choose not to appear give the court 7 days notice and the judge will hear the case in my absence, but will take account of your statement of case and any otherdocumemts you have filed does anybody no what this means and if i dont appear will it go against me has anybody recieved a letter like this, would really be grateful for some advice as i did not think it would go this far:???:

have you sent a copy of your breakdown to dg - if not - do it now.

as for the notice from the court - which court is it and what is the date.

have you seen the information about sending nudge letters to dg - you need to start writing them to nudge them into making an offer before any court dates.

i have two threads going both about aq's and the time after they have defended - so look on both - they are in my signature - post 1

there are ideas there for letters to dg to encourage them to make an offer.

get back with the details of your court date - and exactly what the letter says. then we can help.

hi ther everyone , recieved an offer this morning from dg,for the full amount which i am so happy about iam just wondering tho it says on it "if this matter has been listed for a conty court hearing, i authorise dg to inform the court that this matter has been settled and thehearing may be vacated". what should i do hear incase they end up not paying out and then the hearing will be cancelled should i sign this acceptence form and write sum kind of covering note, the hearing is due on the 24 this month would be grateful for your advice thanks to everyone who has helped me :p

you send the acceptance back that you are happy with - here's an example and add the line - When the claim has been settled to my satisfaction, I will inform the court of that settlement.

Date

Dear Whoever

Ref: Your Offer of Settlement

Account: xxxxxxxx

Sort Code xx-xx-xx

Claim No: XXXXX in XXXX County Court

I acknowledge receipt of your letter date xx/xx/xx and your settlement offer of £XXX

I accept your offer as full and final settlement only for this claim of bank charges made on my account between xx/xx/xx and xx/xx/xx(dates of first and last charge)

I accept this offer without prejudice and I reserve the right to make any further claims should you apply future charges that may be considered unlawful under common law or in violation of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 or Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.

I will be willing to withdraw my claim upon receipt of unconditional full settlement of my claim. When the claim has been settled to my satisfaction, I will inform the court of that settlement.

I am also not prepared to agree to any confidentially clauses you try to impose, unless of course your client wishes to make an offer of due consideration in addition to the amount of £xxxxx, in order to be afforded this privilege by myself.

I trust that you will find this arrangement acceptable.

Yours Sincerely

sent off acceptence letter this morning by registered post, hope it wont be too long now cant wait till its over been a sressful time as it is for everyone i know couldnot have done it without the help i have had from this site tho.

does anybody no if they will just pay it back into my account i have with them or by cheque, and how long this may take, it is just that the hearing is just under a fortnight away, i apprieciate anyones knowledge about this

it should be in your account in 7 - 10 days -

do you mean your hearing date is that close? if so, you could drop the court a note saying that you have accepted an offer and will write again when you have received the money to halt the claim.

don't halt the claim until the money is received.

but when you get it - please write the court and tell them that you have reached a satisfactory settlement so please would they consider the case closed.

i've asked garyh to merge all your threads into one for us to keep up.

thanks for that lateralus will i still need to send into court the directions the judge has ordered and what do you mean about garyh to merge my threads into one soz to sound thick but im not very good with this lingo

you have four different threads all telling part of your story - gary is going to merge them so you will only have one. and you won't need to start any more new threads as all your info will be in one place.

that's why you are writing the court - to let them know that you won't be submitting your directions as ordered by the court - put it to them this way -

I am in receipt of an offer from DG Solicitors which I have accepted as of 12/05/07.

I would ask the court for a postponement of the hearing date and also for the judge's directions. I will notify the court immediately upon receipt of all monies to ask the court the consider the case closed at that time.

Thank you for your assistance.

Sincerely

4 threads merged.

As Lattie said, its much better to keep to one thread per claim in future, or else you've got different parts of your timeline scattered all over the place, which makes it hard for anyone to follow or offer advice.

Cheers.:)

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

hi again, can someone give me sum advice again plz, as you know ive sent in my acceptence letter , also let the court know i have accepted plus asked them if they will postpone the hearing untill i have recieved the money, with no reply yet but i am just wondering if you think i should send out another letter to dg a the court day is the 24 may which doesnt leave much time now if so plz could you advise me on what to write thanks