overflow v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5336 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got to go off for about 1/2 hour to do my grandsons tea .

Theyve started eating the curtains, are they tryin to tell me somethin do you think. LOL :D

Catch you in a bit then.

• Haha 1

30-12-2006--Requested statements from Local Halifax.

02-02-2007--Statements Recieved.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

20-04-2007--Reply , Thanks , give us 8wks letter.

02-0502007--Sent L.B.A. & Schedule of Charges

11-05-2007--Recieved reply ,still investigating.

17-05-2007--Sent Amended L.B.A. for Contractual Interest this time.

14-06-2007--Received standard Bog Off letter.

13-06-2007--Took N1 to Local Courts.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Have till 09-07-2007 to file Defence.

05-07-2007--Note that Acknowledgment of Service been Filed on 29-06-2007.

Have 28 days from date of Service to File Defence.

07-07-2007--Offer from Halifax.

09-07-2007--Rejection letter sent to Halifax. Next day delivery.

10-07-2007--Money put in Account:mad:

• Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason it looks like they have sent you a letter that should be before or as you get your statements.

Ignore it. It obviously has nothing to do with your claim now.

You can always phone the court to see how the judgement is going.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

It could be,

phone them tomorrow and ask them.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Thanx for snot Overflow. I had the very same letter, first one I have had from a Human and not a monkey playing with a keyboard. ( Unless all the Poles in Leeds work for Halibuts customer compaints dept.) I just ignored it a usual bumf from them. suggest you do the same, they just trying to worry us.

I have just corrected spelling error, put mankey for monkey, but may have been right 1st time.

atomrofl.gif

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

Hi Guys

Thanks for the replies SSL and Stone and you Deadly.

I think your right SSL it does seem as though they think Im only just starting out. Youve got to laugh havent you.

Do they have any idea what they are doing anymore. I think this Test Case malarkey is getting to them.

Probably thinking about all the money they are going to have to pay out when its all over and they have lost.:rolleyes:

I will try and get in touch with the Courts again tomorrow, just hope I have better luck than today.

Lets hope you hear something soon Deadly . If your anything like me this waitin around is doin your head in as well.

Stone Ill overlook the spelling error but on one condition.--------

You lend me your WHIP ;)

Regards :)

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Well Guys

Looks like Im on my own now , Ive got my hands on my new lappy today so Im going to have a play with it and see whats what.

No more having to go off suddenly (I hope). Pure Bliss. LOL.

Its even got a camera on it .

Wont be using that then ( dont want to scare people now do I?)

Im hopeful that I might, just might hear somethin back from the Court tomorrow. HA I must be dreaming I guess. Would be nice though.

Never mind there is still lots for me to read in the long waiting process.

I dont think I can read enough of the threads on here. Im really in awe of some of the threads, so many clever, quick minded people.

The one thing I like about this site apart from all the great freindly ppl you get to talk to , is that even though some of the talk goes completely over my head, there are times when suddenly it all starts to click and the opinions of a lot of ppl on here start to make a lot of sense

Even I can understand some of their way of thinking, people tend to explain things really clearly, break everythin down so its much easier to digest.:eek:

Now Im going to go off into the night and try to get some shut-eye I think cause otherwise I will fall asleep at this comp and wake up with, QWERTY embedded on my forehead again.

What do I mean, AGAIN, I hear you ask, well , work that out for yourselves LOL.

• Haha 1

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

hi overflow glad you gotnew comp:) hee hee re,,WHIP :p think this sites getting kinky what with Tilly and her pink handcuffs lol ,, think we have all landed on the qwerty thing , hope you here something soon and its all good :)

will be watching out for that WON !!!! on your thread ,

take care xoxoxoxo

Well Guys

Looks like Im on my own now , Ive got my hands on my new lappy today so Im going to have a play with it and see whats what.

No more having to go off suddenly (I hope). Pure Bliss. LOL.

Its even got a camera on it .

Wont be using that then ( dont want to scare people now do I?)

Im hopeful that I might, just might hear somethin back from the Court tomorrow. HA I must be dreaming I guess. Would be nice though.

Never mind there is still lots for me to read in the long waiting process.

I dont think I can read enough of the threads on here. Im really in awe of some of the threads, so many clever, quick minded people.

The one thing I like about this site apart from all the great freindly ppl you get to talk to , is that even though some of the talk goes completely over my head, there are times when suddenly it all starts to click and the opinions of a lot of ppl on here start to make a lot of sense

Even I can understand some of their way of thinking, people tend to explain things really clearly, break everythin down so its much easier to digest.:eek:

Now Im going to go off into the night and try to get some shut-eye I think cause otherwise I will fall asleep at this comp and wake up with, QWERTY embedded on my forehead again.

What do I mean, AGAIN, I hear you ask, well , work that out for yourselves LOL.

Just sending some luuurve overflow ;)

Hi overflow, glad you got your new lappy. So now you won't be wanting to do this> ba230.gif

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How far into your claim are you

Are you at the same stage I am now.

Ive just noticed as well that at the very top of the letter this is there

DSAR*********

Ive remembered I wrote ages ago to ask for the T&C's for 1999,?!!!!!!

Could this be their reply to it now after many moons. Ive not had them from the Bank and I suppose I should have followed it up but I didnt.

Hangs head in shame, slap my wrist.

I forgot all about it.

Would that make sense do you think?

Hi Overflow.

Wouldn't surprise me, they aren't exactly "speedy Gonzala" are they?

I initially started my claim with advice from another web site back in March. I waited and waited and waited for copies of statements which didn't arrive. Apart from phoning, which I seemed to do every couple of weeks, it ended up with further reminder letters and a call of complaint before I got anything back. Then, it was just a list of dates and charges; no itemising them at all!

After discovering this site, I now realise I could have probably had this all done and dusted, if I'd taken appropriate action at the time! However you live and learn don't you?

Anyway, had no response to prelim letter, so LBA was sent, and their letter was in response to that.

Now, not sure what to do, whether to wait for outcome of test case, or to still put in my claim with courts.

Looks as though you're ahead of me.

Good luck, and enjoy the new lap top!!

Leyla

Hi Guys

Thank you for the Luuuurve Money, much appreciated.

I wouldnt dream of doing that to a poor defencless lappy Ja-De (MUCH):p '

Finding this one a bit strange to get to grips with as yet but Im getting there. So much faster than the old one, very pleased with it.

Leyla have the 14 days passed since you sent your LBA in .

If they have then just proceed as normal. Not all Courts are putting stays on the cases.

Get your N1 done now and take it in to court then at least even if there is a stay put on it yours will be already waiting. Ive got a feeling that when this case is over and WE WIN there will be one hell of a lot of cases getting taken to the courts and if there is then the time you would have to wait will be much longer.

Dont forget to include the schedule of charges as well, at least it will be in the system ready and waiting.

Personally Im just going to ignore the letter I got cause I dont think they know their left from their right at the moment.

BTW I recieved a nice letter this morning with the House of Commons on it,

Strange looks from the postie.

It was a reply from my MP.informing me he had taken heed of my e-mail and enclosing a copy of the letter he has written to the Chancellor of the Exchequer on my behalf.

He has promised to send me a copy of the reply when he recieves it.

What a nice man.:D

I hope that by all pulling together over this that we can get the result we are looking for.

Didnt have time to contact the Court either today as seem to be running round but getting nowhere. You know, just one of those days.

I had to take my eldest daughter to sit her Theory Test and the Hazzard Awareness Test, she had lessons a few years back and passed Theory then but since has had 2 more kiddies so money a bit tight for lessons .

She passed her Tests with flying colours and was so happy, so was I but now could strangle her cause shes been tormenting me all day with txt asking me to put her on my insurance so she can drive my car , complete with L plates of course.

Shes driving me nuts, (in the nicest possible way).

Told her when my car grows dual controls, THEN, ill put her on.;)

Going for a run round the forum now so catch you all later guys.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

My oldest (daughter) passed her test about 6 years ago, so she has to ferry my son in law all over, 'cos he doesn't drive, my middle (son) doesn't seem to be interested in driving (mind you he's not even interested in getting a job), & my youngest (son) has a car, but hasn't even got his provisional licence. marsa37.gifI've got a feeling he's going to ask me & my daughter to help him to learn to drive, in our cars. Me thinks that would be a very bad move!! lol

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Guys

Thanks for the replies SSL and Stone and you Deadly.

I think your right SSL it does seem as though they think Im only just starting out. Youve got to laugh havent you.

Do they have any idea what they are doing anymore. I think this Test Case malarkey is getting to them.

Probably thinking about all the money they are going to have to pay out when its all over and they have lost.:rolleyes:

I will try and get in touch with the Courts again tomorrow, just hope I have better luck than today.

Lets hope you hear something soon Deadly . If your anything like me this waitin around is doin your head in as well.

Stone Ill overlook the spelling error but on one condition.--------

You lend me your WHIP ;)

Sorreee been ignoring you for couple of days Overflow. 2d90b895dd45ed3cc55332ea0ccf5f2b.gif

Is you new lappy the one that ALDI was pushing. they only got three at my local shop and staff grabbed them all.

It`s NOT my whip peitsche.gif I think that it is Tills to go with the Thigh Length Boots and 3 pink straps. shockedsmileyzn3.gif

don`t be telling me that you are into all that sort of stuff as well!!!!!!! I`m not sure what I am getting my self into here.

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

ooooooooooooooooooooh stoned. what you like???? hehe I know we like to spread the luuuuuurve, but CinkyActionGroup, nah don't think so somehow. hehehehesuper_smilies007.gif

Thank you for cheering me up, stoned, as soon as I'm able there's another click for you.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Some motivation, stay refused and victory.....................

It appears that some banks have adopted the tactic of appointing a firm of solicitors to request a stay. If the stay is not granted, the solicitor is not authorised to defend the banks position. Pass the word.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/110671-juicyd-aib-stay-refused.html

Hi overflow hope you are well, i popped in hoping to see a WON but no such luck,i hope they get it sorted for you, its took forever to say the least, will keep bobbing in, good luck fingers crossed xxxx

Miz_Print v Halifax Won :-D 24th july 2007:D

Hi Guys

Great news there KTC, as you say just the motivation we all need at the moment. There were two won wasnt there.

Great, nice to know some DJ's are not afraid to stick their necks out and not behave like sheep.

Nice to hear your ok Miz, one day youll read that on here but just wished I know when. LOL.

Now Stone I dont know what you mean about me picking on you :oops: Would I do that, for all I know you might not like the idea of a whip but could have a cat-o-ninetails hidden about your person:o and could rip my rubber gear ;)

To get serious again , no its not the one from Aldi, got it out of a catalogue. Not working so No spare cash to just go out and buy one mores the pity.

Its a Samsung R70. Just been looking at the users guide and still not really any wiser. I like this Vista thingy though , my other daughter had it on her lappy but took it off as she said it was no good, cant think why.

I havent had time really to take a look around the other threads so dont know whats happening today, going to run round now I think and gen up a bit.

Hope to catch you later.

Thanks for all the kind comments too.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

ooooooooooooooooooooh stoned. what you like???? hehe I know we like to spread the luuuuuurve, but CinkyActionGroup, nah don't think so somehow. hehehehesuper_smilies007.gif

Thank you for cheering me up, stoned, as soon as I'm able there's another click for you.

Cinky Action Group. OMG what Have I stumbled across

shockedsmileyzn3.gif

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

I mean look at it.

Tilly: 3 pink straps and whip

Deadlykiss: Black straps and furry handcuffs

Overflow: Rubber Gear

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Hi Stone

Me with rubber gear, are you talking about my sou'wester and wellies. LOL;)

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

Hi Stone

Me with rubber gear, are you talking about my sou'wester and wellies. LOL;)

I have no idea Overflow, it was you mentioned it 1st.

"Now Stone I dont know what you mean about me picking on you :oops: Would I do that, for all I know you might not like the idea of a whip but could have a cat-o-ninetails hidden about your person:shock: and could rip my rubber gear :wink: " confuse.gif

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00