jailbird -v- HSBC

jailbird
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people never hear from HSBC and only hear from DG the solicitors. Others will get a number of letters. Most at some point get a letter from Colin Langdale saying that he is investigating matters. What you will find with all the communications, settlements and court processes is that HSBC/DG do not play to a set pattern that you can predict. So all you can do is be patient in the knowledge that at some point in the next few months you will get your money back. :D

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.

Hi Jailbird. I got a letter from Colin Langdale of HSBC 10 days after I sent my first letter asking for money back. I havent heard anything since and from all I have read on here I dont expect anything until I take court action. You sound like your at pretty much the same stage as me so keep in touch with your updates and I will do likewise. I sent my LBA on 12-4-07.

Chipper.

Hiya JB, what stage are you at what do you want to hear?

We can tell you what to expect, how HSBC work and what to do, or at least point you in the right direction and tell you what to read but we need to know where you are in your claim.

pete

Hi everyone,

May thanks for your replies. Chipper I sent my LBA 10/4/07. I have not had any correspondence at all from the start and from reading other threads I thought I should perhaps have had a letter saying they are looking at my request and will be in touch with me at a later stage..........or am I just so frightened of all this that I am looking into it too much ?? Now having sleepless nights about this. Would very much appreciate help

There is nothing to be nervous about, its a straight forward procedure which is all detailed in the "sticky" threads at the top of the first page of the HSBC forum. Anything you don’t understand or aren’t sure of just ask here and we will help you.

Once you start your claim you will find there are long periods of time when you are just waiting to reach the next deadline, this gives you plenty of time to read up on the next step and make sure your ready for it. Just take one step at a time and with a little patience you will get your money back.

pete

Can anyone tell me will the form for charges come up after I have completed the MCOL or do I have to go to a different site to complete this ? Sorry to sound stupid but cant seem to find link on MCOL site. Many thanks

Hi JB. Once you have filed your MCOL you will need to send them a copy of your charges with a covering letter requesting them to attach it to your claim. I will dig out the letter for you and come back.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Here is a copy of the letter I sent:-

The Court Manager

Money Claim On Line

Northampton County Court

21-27 St.Katharine’s Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

xx April, 2007

Dear Sir/Madam,

xxxxxx –v- HSBC Bank Plc

Claim Noxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Date Issued: xx March 2007

Please find enclosed a schedule of penalty charges taken from me by the defendant, along with interest claimed at the annual rate of 8% pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act. The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to the total amount in my claim, namely £xxxx.xx, plus the court fee of £xxx.xx.

I respectfully request that the enclosed schedule should be attached to the particulars of my claim.

Yours sincerely

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

Thanks for that jowalshy but I wanted to know where I will find the form to complete for the Court Fee. Is it on the same site as MCOL ? or should I have completed that before I filled in the MCOL ? Many thanks once again

When you file it with MCOL they'll add it on from within the site.

Have at look at post 3 in http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/83664-bubbles10vhsbc.html Gimmemymoney explains it beautifully as always :)

DCA's - they have the same power as an infinite number of untrained chimps working on a script for Hamlet, but the chimps would probably at least get it right :D

on MCOL you put the total value of your claim (charges + interest) in the total claim box and then press calculatre button next to the court fee box. This then calculates how much the fee will be.

Hi have checked everything ready to press send button tomorrow and find I now have other charges. Is there a template letter for adding the extra charges on to inform them. thanks