Claiming beyond 6 yrs - important new information!!!

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5704 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi can anyone help me please. i am in the process of claiming back £1,195 worth of bank charges. i recieved a letter about 3 weeks ago telling me that someone was dealing with my case and that they would be back in touch shortly. i recieved another letter today stating that they were still unable to respond fully to my concerns at present it then goes on to say they will contact me again asap and certainly no later than 18th of june . please can someone advise what i should at this stage . should i get back in touch or just wait till the 18th of june?

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stick to your own timetable, not theirs!! You are in control and you are setting the times and dates, not them. Ignore their date and if you have not received your statements, go for your estimate and then send them a Prelim letter, but having said that they are allowed 40 days to respond to your first request, after that follow your own schedule! Good luck.

nervous

Hi can anyone help me please. i am in the process of claiming back £1,195 worth of bank charges. i recieved a letter about 3 weeks ago telling me that someone was dealing with my case and that they would be back in touch shortly. i recieved another letter today stating that they were still unable to respond fully to my concerns at present it then goes on to say they will contact me again asap and certainly no later than 18th of june . please can someone advise what i should at this stage . should i get back in touch or just wait till the 18th of june?

Sally,

Standard responses I'm afraid, and they will just hope you lose interest and go away !!

You should do some research into the various stages involved and prepare yourself for the process.

First of all read the Frequently asked questions here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

DO READ THE STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS !!!!!!

As you go on, you’ll also find this very helpful:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

You’ll then need to start your own thread;

Go to here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/

Find the name of the Bank your action will be against.

Click on it (the name of the Bank in Bold Blue)

On that page, you will then find a label saying "Forum Tools" (just under the list of page numbers).

Click on it. It will show you some options.

Firstly, it's a good idea to subscribe to the Forum ,as you'll then recieve updates from people in similar situatioins against the same Bank. So click on Subscribe. It will ask how often you want updates (Personally I like Daily).

Once Subscibed to the Forum it will redirect you back.

Hit the same button and choose "Start new thread"

Give your Thread a title eg: yourforumname v whatever bank

(choose how often you want updating by email if anyone posts responses in your thread)

Then your up and running !:-)

Whilst your there, you might want to take some time to have a look at some of the threads by people taking action against your same Bank, very helpful. Remember, any threads you want to follow, you can either choose the thread tools button, and choose subscribe to thread, or simply whenever you make a post in a thread it will automatically subscribe you to that thread.

On the main page I've posted above, you'll also find lots of highlighted "stickies", which have lots of very informative stuff in them too.

Once your ready to start , you’ll need to do a schedule of charges to submit to the bank, try this one:

http://www.zen122856.zen.co.uk/CompoundSheet_v1.9.xls

Best regards and good luck

photoman

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

i have all my statements and did send a letter stating that i would like my money back. they did reply saying that someone was dealing with my request. then i received another letter today saying that they still cant respond to my concerns. i just wondered what the next step was

I am beginning to feel that once a member becomes Platinum some folks think that we no longer need a helping hand:(

I could really do with some 'long-in-the-tooth-members' whom know a thing or two about claiming beyond 6 years to have a butchers at my POCs. So many of my fellow comrades appear to have vanished and I'm feeling ever-so-slightly lonesome!!! Any takers?

You understand that this doesn't mean that I do not know what I'm soing....obviously...but a simple yep that's fine, would surfice;)

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Hi muggins!

Just PM a moderator if no one else can help you.

I know what you mean though, a lot of the regulars seem to have deserted us. :(

Isn't posting a moderator direct a cardinal sin:D It simply goes against the grain!!!!

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Hi Muggins

I know a lot of good peeps have disapeared recently, the one who could have really have helped you was Bong! and maybe Glenn. Do you have any threads with Bong on and perhaps you could private PM her, she will I am sure respond and perhaps she will be able to help you.

Let me know if you have any difficulties contacting her.

Regards and best wishes

DS

Where is your POC?

Does this mean it is safe to ask you, zootscoot:eek:8)

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Who are you filing against next, muggins?

Halifax originally, or is it RBS now, I do get confused:rolleyes:

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Not quite sure what you mean about safe, but I'll have a look.

Do you have a link?

I am meerly jesting with you, it's too late to be sooo serious:)

Haven't posted it onto the forum and don't usually make a habit of doing so. I normally send sensitive stuff like this via private email, if that's okay with you?I have to admit, I'm not sure how to attach to a private message, or even if this is possible:-?

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

I'll pm you my email address:)

Thank you kindly, much appreciated:cool:

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

"If not then I struggle to see why no one has taken the step to test this theory.

Any thoughts? :wink:"

What makes you think other people aren't?

;)

I know people are attempting this but until someone is successful, others will be reluctant to follow.

Does anyone know if the claimant would be liable for court costs should they lose?

If its fast track then if you went to court and lost then you would be liable for the banks legal costs incurred in defending the claim. If it is small claims then you are not liable for their legal fees but you are liable for their disbursements such as travelling expenses and also you would forfeit your court fee.

Concealment amounts to a question of the morality of the defendant's action. Once this is established then I do not believe that the courts will strive to give them any help.

I understand from Zootscoot that this view is also confirmed by case-law.

Could I please have the links for this case law please Bankfodder/Zootscoot?

Thanks.

Tanz

I think that a single instance of concealment invokes s.32 and the limitation barrier falls away completely.

Concealment amounts to a question of the morality of the defendant's action. Once this is established then I do not believe that the courts will strive to give them any help.

I understand from Zootscoot that this view is also confirmed by case-law.

Sheldon v. R.H.M. Outhwaite (U/W Agencies) Ltd.

It is the first part of the statement to which the case law relates to.

Hello TANZARELLI

Bankfodder depositon at top of this 'thread' relying on County Court rule S32. Presumably Zootscoot the alias for a 'learned' lawyer?

Its most encouraging when subsribers like Parkvale are compensated, await with interest details of his ultimate negotiating stance.

There is no doubt the media giving much scrutiny to the banks, really coming over the parapet, pace The Sunday Times, 27 May 2007 editorial 'Dirty, rotten banks'.

I would exhort all of us subsribers to get letters/e-mails off to the varying media, quoting ST editorial, not our language, that of the respected Sunday Times also 'Which' web-site!

i have all my statements and did send a letter stating that i would like my money back. they did reply saying that someone was dealing with my request. then i received another letter today saying that they still cant respond to my concerns. i just wondered what the next step was

Hi Sally45,

I dunno . . . but you might get some EXCELLENT advice if you post the actual wording of the letter here.

Good luck!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!