Saint v Barclays

saintly_1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6001 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just sent off to Barclays my reguest for statment of charges does the 40 days start now or from when the bank recieves it ? ..... Sent it recorded delivery so i will know when they have recieved it.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Just phoned 0800 282 390 spoke to an advisor she was very helpfull and has 'promised' to get my statements out to me she did say ' originally we were saying 14 days but due to the high volume of requests it could be 20 days ' She even went on to give me a brief outline of how to proceed .;)

Thats only a short term downside, just add it to your claim.

any charges up to the date of filing at court can be added.

You will get them back with added interest.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Hubby is on the phone at the moment with B's ... as one of the payments we have been charged for having insufficient funds for was taken from our account ...... but has not been shown as returned to the account :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Is this a new ploy from barclays ....... just rang to see if my statements where anywhere near being sent to me to be told i dont need them as B's will work out how much is on the account ........ Told the guy on the phone that i would rather work it out myself ..... as if i would trust them after they took the money in the 1st place

I have to say, when i requested my bank statements they actually sent me a full break down off all charges what they were for, dates etc all in a lovely easy to use format.

It did make life easier, and as mine came to just under £3,000 i trusted them.

Its up to you what you do.

no they offered to tell me how much charges had been put on my account ...... not a list of them

their word were 'You dont need your statements as we can work out how much is on the account'

no they offered to tell me how much charges had been put on my account ...... not a list of them

their word were 'You dont need your statements as we can work out how much is on the account'

Dont trust Barclays at all, they are trying to appear like they are making amends since whistleblower,but it isnt happening. They will string you along as much as thye can.

If I have been of any use to you in my response please click my scales. :oops:

MBNA WON 16/3/07 £1700 :p

Barlcays N1 fileld in and awaiting funds to take them to court.

If you want to spend some of your money from your new spending saving scheme why not buy a flybook laptop. http://www.everythingflybook.com. I can highly recommend them.

Currently in Litagation with Barclays 11/5/7 ( Awaiting Court Date )

hi saintly just reading your thread and see you have posted on mine. i am also from st helens so i will keep an eye on your thread to see how you go. follow mine as i have just filed on mcol and barclays have acknowledged and have till the 4th june to enter their defence or st helens court here we come.

so good luck and i will have my fingers crossed for you

linda

Update

Called the customer advice and spoke to Wendy as i am preparing my non compliance letter to send she has 'promised' me that she will print off my statements and get them out to me straight away , i did inform her that i was sending a non compliance letter out .So im still waiting ... not holding my breath tho LOL

But have got my trusty highlighter pens at the ready

Hi saintly, sorry to upset you but you may not need those highlighters, i received a completed breakdown of all charges, sums and dates a lovely 3 page list all ready and calculated for me.

You could always draw a pretty picture with the highlighters if you dontget to use them

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Caz

Through the post today ....... 1 set of statements and caz ..... i get to use my highlighters !!!!

At last saintly, see you in a few days then when you've finished going through them and done your spreadsheet lol :)

28/2/07

Sent request for repayment of charges totalling £2,800 (I want it ALL back!).

8/3/07

Barclays send sorry your not happy letter

14/3/07

Letter before action sent

25/4/07

Barclays offer £1,790

27/4/07

Thanks but no thanks to the offer sent

28/4/07

Filed with mcol, now looking at a figure of £3,500, they should of paid up when i asked nicely :-D

11/5/07

Barclays acknowledge claim

30/5/07

Barclays defend claim

19/6/07

Received notice of transfer to Northampton County Court and barclays excuse for a defence!!!

Ok we now have a figure ... £2020 without interest really cant believe how much it is !!!!

Pity i will have to wait till the post office opens again on Tue to send my prelim letter recoreded delivery :(