Saint v Barclays

saintly_1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6032 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Tipsy got through it pretty quickly with the help of hubby .... amazing how he helps now that we can actually do something LOL

I can feel a few bacardis heading my way later ;-)

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh well done Saintly, and you did get to use your highlighters, did you use lots of pretty colours? LOL LOL

Not a bad sum of money aye, now the fun starts, good luck I will watch with interest

Caz:p

Thanx Caz think im gonna need all the moral support and cheerleading *\o/* i can get. Hubby drew the line at me using ALL the colours but i did get to use a few ;-) Roll on tuesday lol

Better get some more ink for my printer as well .... think im gonna need plenty of that and paper (wonder if i can claim it back) LOL

hi saintly, glad to see that the ball is definatley rolling for you. i bet you were a dab hand with those highlighters. roll on tuesday when you get your prelim letter off. its all deadlines from now i and the clock in counting down to your pay day whoo hoo !!

linda

i know .... been going through prelim 14 days .... LBA 14 days ... then mcol/N1 .... still not decided on that will need to do some reading/ asking questions as to which is best route to go .... leaning towards mcol but not sure lol

Saintly.

Tip:

Once youve been through your paperwork, highlighting.

go through them again....have a break and then go through again!!!!

I went through mine 3 times and each time found charges I'd missed previously.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

2 of us went through them daren me 1st then hubby then me again as i was adding to the spread sheet ........ but im gonna go through them again tomorrow or monday ..... deffinatly NOT tonight as ive now had a few bacardis and might see double lmao

Hope you drank plenty of bacardi saintly you'll need to start practising for when you celebrate your win lol :)

28/2/07

Sent request for repayment of charges totalling £2,800 (I want it ALL back!).

8/3/07

Barclays send sorry your not happy letter

14/3/07

Letter before action sent

25/4/07

Barclays offer £1,790

27/4/07

Thanks but no thanks to the offer sent

28/4/07

Filed with mcol, now looking at a figure of £3,500, they should of paid up when i asked nicely :-D

11/5/07

Barclays acknowledge claim

30/5/07

Barclays defend claim

19/6/07

Received notice of transfer to Northampton County Court and barclays excuse for a defence!!!

Welll, ermmmmmm yehhhhhhh, ermmmmmmm

Theres nothing to advise you, you are doing such a good job with advising everyone else that you wont need any.

The only thing I could do is wish you luck but even then we all know its not down to luck its simply a procedure now.

so 'happy procedure' Saintly!!!!!

Thanx Daren ..... but im sure there will come a time when i have one of those 'blonde' moments and will need help lol ....

I have to admit that i dye my hair blonde to match my roots

Received a letter today,its the typical 'We are sorry you have had to contact us about the level of service you have received from Barclays.'

As i only sent my prelim letter yesterday it must be in responce to my letter os non-compliance to the SAR's . They will get back to me no later than 19 June 2007

Recieved in the post this morning another set of statements ... well will save some copying when the time comes lol

and just checked they received my prelim letter on the 31st May

today another envelope of statments (to go with the 2 envelopes that arrived yesterday) this envelope also contained my cheque back ... thought i wasnt going to get this back.

Recieved today the 'Sorry your not happy with the charges you have incurred ' letter

They will endeavour to respond to me within the timescale of my letter (yeah right of course you will)

They aim to find a solution within four weeks (just pay me back my charges .. problem solved)

A full report or an update on our progress will be sent within eight weeks (Think we will be well beyond where the findings on the report will have any bearing )

Just thought i would keep you updated

saint

yawn...

It annoys me the way they try to make it look like a personal letter.

mine had a scratchy scribble for a signature which didnt say anything, with no name under, so who it came from I'll never know..

Im gonna wait til monday, then phone them up to inform them I am starting court proceedings against them

Its my cheeky devil ... i have a collection of them someone thought it suited me better than my saintly nick Not sure why LOL

I keep saying im gonna get it descretely tattooed somewhere but havent plucked up the courage

Dont worry i will be sticking to my timescale LBA due out tuesday :)

Go for the tattoo girl,it's brill!! Know its a bit late in the game but have just read your 1st post (7/04/07) & cannot believe that 2 months down the line u are so knowledgable-u must have a memory like a sponge to absorb evything cos I can't remember half of what I've read!!