Taking Cabot to court for failing to supply HSBC CCA + Distress etc

tbern123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5426 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Tbern, I poke my nose into so many threads and I forgot that you never

had a contract with HSBC in the first place.

Lol tell me about it... same here.....

Anyway, feel free to poke away... it helps me think and see things that I may have missed

Remember if you find anything I say helpful, please click the scales

tbern123 vs Cabot

1. Cabot again !!! Urgent Help Needed
  2. Litigation - tbern123 V Cabot Financial (Uk) Limited
  3. No more calls from Cabot... lol

Elizabeth and I have been doing some background on Hodsons Solicitors but Dean Spence is just a legal executive. The other partners (three) only appear to have general degrees, one has a law degree but none of them have any solicitor and further training (well none that's shown in their details). I also had a very nice converstion with someone at the firm who told me they were a very small firm and limited in what they do i.e. conveyancing and debt collecting.

They are registered with the Law Society. Incidentally there is a very respectable firm of lawyers just across the Northants/Oxford border who are also called Hodsons. We thought at first they were connected but they're not. It wouldn't be beyond the pale to nick the name of a good regional lawyer to register in another town.

Anyway. Don't underestimate anything Tbern but just thought this might be of interest. Will PM you if I get anything really tasty.

Also on the Kings Hill connection yes I agree get ready with the structure of the companies to back up this claim. I am waiting to serve my papers on them for the same reasons.

• Haha 1

LMAO :D:D:D Sure would love to be in a court room when Dean Spencer attends to present this case on behalf of Cabots/ Kings Hill "who ever they say they are" - me thinks he needs another job??? :?

Tick Tock - Tick Tock - give enough ROPE and the inevitable shall happen!!

Tbern - I don't think you have reason to worry - these people clearly contradict themselves!!

• Haha 1

Elizabeth and I have been doing some background on Hodsons Solicitors but Dean Spence is just a legal executive. The other partners (three) only appear to have general degrees, one has a law degree but none of them have any solicitor and further training (well none that's shown in their details). I also had a very nice converstion with someone at the firm who told me they were a very small firm and limited in what they do i.e. conveyancing and debt collecting.

They are registered with the Law Society. Incidentally there is a very respectable firm of lawyers just across the Northants/Oxford border who are also called Hodsons. We thought at first they were connected but they're not. It wouldn't be beyond the pale to nick the name of a good regional lawyer to register in another town.

Anyway. Don't underestimate anything Tbern but just thought this might be of interest. Will PM you if I get anything really tasty.

Also on the Kings Hill connection yes I agree get ready with the structure of the companies to back up this claim. I am waiting to serve my papers on them for the same reasons.

Thanks for the heads up. I did try to Google them, but I couldn't find anything about them, only the more reputable firm.

By the sounds of things, I mght be more qualified then these people... :D

tbern123 vs Cabot

Quick update, I have sent back the questionaire today... I guess I just have to wait for a court date now...

tbern123 vs Cabot

Hello everyone! I've just read this thread from start to finish. I have found it very interesting as well as educational and occasionally amusing. I have just been informed by Cabot that they have purchased a Citicard debt. I have already started a thread and will update this as my situation developes.

Anyway, I've just had a little thought about tbern123's case.....

If it is agreed that Kings hill and Cabot are two seperate companies, and seen as tbern has started proceedings against Kings hill, I would have thought that Kings hill should be the company to submit a defence and not Cabot! Since Kings hill have not submitted a defence, couldn't tbern apply for judgement? Or is this just wishful thinking on my behalf? Any thoughts?

If it is agreed that Kings hill and Cabot are two seperate companies, and seen as tbern has started proceedings against Kings hill, I would have thought that Kings hill should be the company to submit a defence and not Cabot! Since Kings hill have not submitted a defence, couldn't tbern apply for judgement? Or is this just wishful thinking on my behalf? Any thoughts?

Hello Jeff,

Both are registered as limited companies and both are registered seperately with the ICO...

On the questionairre there is a box where you can ask for more information, I have referred to their defence for clarification on this matter as the Solicitors appear to be confused on whose behalf they are working. I have copies of all the letters, containing the admissions of Cabot..... Can't wait to go to court....... As Hodsons are in Rugby and the case has now been assigned to my local court in North West Kent.... They are in for a nice little train journey :)

tbern123 vs Cabot

Hello tbern.

You seem to be well in control of your case. Personally I think you have them over a barrel. This is good news for all who may have dealings with this shower. The outcome of your case will add quite a bit of ammunition to others who are in a similar situation, including myself!

Best of luck with your case, not that I think you'll need it!

Jeff.

Hello tbern.

You seem to be well in control of your case. Personally I think you have them over a barrel. This is good news for all who may have dealings with this shower. The outcome of your case will add quite a bit of ammunition to others who are in a similar situation, including myself!

Best of luck with your case, not that I think you'll need it!

Jeff.

Thanks for your comments Jeff, very much appreciated.

Ok, I called the ICO today, as I made a complaint about Kings Hill / Cabot in November. I was told that they have taken my complaint very seriously and that they are investigating the disclosure of information between these companies and that I should hear in about 4 - 6 weeks.:cool:

If they come back and say for a FACT that Kings Hill should not be sharing data with Cabot... I feel an almightly claim coming...

tbern123 vs Cabot

Hello again tbern,

Yes that will be interesting. The letters I received were from Cabot, but on the back of the letter it states that Kings hill are the owners! Therefore they have passed information. Also there has been no letters yet from Citi to say that any debt has been sold. So this could get quite interesting me thinks!

Cheers Jeff2000.

hi all

i,ve been reading this thread with interest. its taken a long time but like any good book (non fiction of course) it,s been hard to put down.

anyway the reason i,m writing is because i,m being harrassed by cabot (or woodrot as i like to call them) for a while.

after finding this website i realise i have dealing with them the wrong way.

i welcome their phone calls it brightens up an otherwise boring day. infact i gave them my mobile number and told them to only contact me on that. i can hear the sharp intakes of breath and the tut tuts but i reckon the long phone calls to me means the cost of them phone calls is getting close to the sum they paid for the debt.

this is a typical short conversation if i,m busy:

hello

hi is this mr xxxxxx

yes speaking

my name is blah blah from blah blah, for data pro act can you tell me your full address with postcode and date of birth.

no i,m sorry i can,t

why not

because i don,t know you and you my be trying to steal my identity

but i have to ask by law

tell me what it,s about and i,ll give you the information you seek

i can,t because of the data pro act, and anyway if i was a crook i wouldn,t have this information about you.

what information

i can,t tell you because of the data pro act, you have to tell me so that i know i,m talking to the right person.

but if you don,t tell me what information you have about me then i can,t be sure that you are the person you say you are.

mr. xxxxx we are just going round in circles

i know what do you suggest

will you confirm your full address with postcode and date of birth

then we repeat the hole conversation at which stage they put phone down on me.

i reckon that short conversation cost them about £2 times 50 calls, not alot i know but it makes me smile.

i actualy think there is a flaw in this data pro thing. just picture this:

conman picks up a phone book picks a name he likes the look of.

phones unsuspecting person and states the data pro act, bingo he/she has your full address with postcode and best of all he /she has your date of birth and i,m pretty sure theres alot they can do with that information once they log onto the web.

i won,t bore you with the longer conversations, but they are funny you really can tie the morons in knots, i sometimes think i detect despair in their voices it might even be a little whimper.

anyway there is a point to this post. i got a letter today from an outfit called ROBINSON,WAY & CO LTD. has anyone heard of them? are thay connected to woodrot. they claim to be debt collectors and are acting on behalf of woodrot, i thought that woodrot were debt collectors so why employ another debt collector. the reason i ask is because i live up north and they are based near me in manchester. i,m wondering if they are now going to get heavy wonder what thier next move will be.

Robinson Way are nothing to do with Cabot. I'd suggest you CCA request ( in the templates library) any / all of these DCA's and put them to bed once and for all.

Having read this thread you will by now have established that you need to know who owns the debt. Whilst you might have fun with the Data Protection issues, and it does sound fun, why put up with it at all? It is probably crucifying your Credit file too. The DPA issues actually screw them totally to the wall so read on my friend you'll enjoy the ride.

thanks andrew1 for your post

to be honest i don,t care about their threats, the money dates back to a halifax credit card i had 6 yrs ago when foot N mouth struck. i had my own business then and lost everything including my family. no i wasn,t a farmer wish i had been!!!! i dealt with stately homes. i was totaly let down by the goverment,my banks and all the other bloodsuckers i had the misfortune to have dealings with.

i,ve been racking my brain trying to find out how they found me and the only thing i can think of is the dvd player i bought recently. i had to fill in a form something to do with tv licence they caught me off guard. maybe the bbc or the shop is sharing info. i hear there is big money to be made in selling peoples names and thier details.

anyway sorry to rant but its nice to get things of your chest now n again good luck to every single person on this site who chasing these parasites. and every time someone beats these bar stewards i,ll open my window and shout out to the world YES YOU BLOOD SUCKING PARASITES THE PEASANTS ARE REVOLTING

Hiya Mileroad - so glad you joined us - that phone conversation made me laugh - it is a tack I take myself and I absolutely love tying the sods in Knots too!! Priceless during the day to break things up!!! My teenaged son has learnt to be a dab hand at these calls too and he states to person on the other end of phone "But how do I know your not the Bogey Man?" and he hangs up laughing cause he has literally tied person on other end of phone in Knots, annoyed the living daylights out of them while doing it. Gone are the days where my teenaged sons shout "it's not for me" when phone rings so someone else has to get up and answer phone!! It's priceless fun just listening to it :D

The foot and mouth crisis did have devestating effects on many businesses - my hubby was in construction at the time and he worked for a company shifting the infected carcases etc.. - which the firm went bust due to untimely payment by our Govt and the result was we lost our income etc.. - so I fully understand how anyone can say this stuff still ripples today!! Hence our own dealings with Cabot at present over old cards that we thought were insured with PPI ha ha ha

But like Andrew has just said - keep reading here and pick up the tips to nail these parasite companies and just give them a little rope for the inevitable to happen :D

Send your CCA requests away - amazing how few of those exist!!

Ask for Deed of Assignments too.

Subject Access Requests are a good thing to do with original company cause they'll display all the charges you can claim back.

Were you mis sold PPI policies?? - room to explore there too.

Your best way of getting help here is to begin your own threads in the relevant parts of forums - this way people will be able to help you progress with specific companies etc.. and your questions won't be over looked.

Keep reading and reading as there is loads to help you here (start a folder to collect any "snippets" of info as you go - I always forget where I read stuff you can collect the link to pages or relevant postings? )

As Andrew1 says "enjoy the ride" as there is so much stuff here you can take any company on and win!! :-D:-D Don't worry just have time and patience!! You will win!!

• Haha 1

lol just read my post. think i,ll have to change my name to manwithissues

Mileroad, I can empathise with you totally, my business went pearshaped for all sorts of reasons, most of which were not of my own making and for 2-3 years I was extremely angry. Banks turned complete full circles from when I had a £2mill t/o company and debts acrued like everyone else on this forum.

One thing I personally would like you to do for the other 100 odd thousand people on here. Turn and use that anger you have into constructive learning of how you can turn the tide on them and get back just some of what they have TAKEN (EDIT) from you.

You can't get back family emotions, but you can take back the respect they (EDIT) from you. They (EDIT) my soul, but if you read many of my posts you'll see I am putting it to good use now I've regained it and it's only come from being part time on this forum. The support and knowledge is incredible. Use it my friend and you will become empowered and confident again and not be hiding from companies. You can take them on head-on and have the law on your side which you have. These (EDIT) have begun to respect this forum and are running.

You might not see 100,000 people but by god we are here.

• Haha 1

Andrew1,

I couldn't agree more with what you said - we each have a "individual" reason for being here - but we can all turn the tide on this stuff successfully!!

Like my Grandmother always said "don't get angry - get even" and we can sure do that!!

MY GOD!,

ive just spent over 2hours following this thread, from day1 to the present.

i have nothing but admiration for tbern123, and the other posters who have contributed to this thread.

a figure of 100,000 (subscribers to this site?) has been mentioned. which is a shame, because im sure its only the tip of the iceberg, and like the banks, they will be able to live with a relatively small proportion of thier 'customers' taking them to task!

tbern123 i sincerely hope that all your claims are successful, but the one thing i hope is that the tabloids pick up on your success and let the masses know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

power to your pen,

barty.

MY GOD!,

ive just spent over 2hours following this thread, from day1 to the present.

i have nothing but admiration for tbern123, and the other posters who have contributed to this thread.

a figure of 100,000 (subscribers to this site?) has been mentioned. which is a shame, because im sure its only the tip of the iceberg, and like the banks, they will be able to live with a relatively small proportion of thier 'customers' taking them to task!

tbern123 i sincerely hope that all your claims are successful, but the one thing i hope is that the tabloids pick up on your success and let the masses know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

power to your pen,

barty.

Thanks for your comments Barty...

I wish I could take all the credit, but people like Andrew1, Rhia, Elizabeth1, Debt_Moutain and Lookinforinfo have helped me every step of the way. Without their help I would be no where near ready to start legal proceedings.....

tbern123 vs Cabot