• Tweets

• Hi all, Many thanks for the advice! Unfortunately, the reply to the email was as expected…   Starbucks UK Customer Care <[email protected]> Hi xxxxxx, We are sorry to read you received a parking charge after using our Stansted Airport - A120 DT store. Unfortunately, the car park here is managed by MET parking. Both Starbucks and EuroGarages who own and operate this site are not able to help and have no authority to overturn any parking charges received. If you have followed the below terms then you would need to send all correspondence to [email protected], who will be able to assist you further. Several signs around the car park clarify the below terms and conditions: • Maximum stay 60 minutes, whilst the store is open. If the store is closed, pay to park applies. • The car park is for Starbucks customers only who make a purchase in our store, a charge will be issued if you left the site. • If you had made a purchase and required additional time, you must have inputted your registration number into the in store iPad which would have extended your stay up to 3 hours • To park in a disabled bay, you must have displayed a valid disabled badge. • If Starbucks was closed, you must have paid for parking as charges still apply, following signage located on site. • If you didn’t use the store, you must have paid for parking, following signage located on site Please ensure all further correspondence is directed to MET parking at the above email address, and accept our apologies that we cannot help you further on this matter.  Kind Regards,  Lora K  Customer Care Team Leader Starbucks Coffee Company, Building 4 Chiswick Park, London, W4 5YE
    • Thanks HB edited and re-uploaded. Thanks for the heads up 👍
    • Am in the middle of selling my house but it's been held up as still showing a change on the property from welcome finance, have not had any contact from them for years or prime credit and need this sorting asap
    • Evening all looking for bit of advice again , currently doing my own debt management , but think may have burgered up on 1 of the creditors (creation loan) had got sold to Intrum around nov 23 and havent paid anything to it since then , it never went to default ( I thought it did  , now checking credit file , intrum is there and says 1 missed payment and doesnt say account defaulted can i let that go and intrum will default it? hope that makes sense what i have said
    • Hi. You've left the PCN number on the 22nd March letter and your name on the one below that. It's best to cover those up please. HB
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Taking Cabot to court for failing to supply HSBC CCA + Distress etc

tbern123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5407 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Seahorse..

Hello again fellow Cabot victims.. After a break away from all things Cabot, I have now come back to the fold.:cool:

Finally after nearly 8 months, I am getting closer to a court date. I hae today received instructions from the Judge that we must both file and serve all documents that we are going to rely on before 24th August 2007. My claim will then be heard at the earliest date after the 24th

I had been working with them for a possible settlement, but the previously promised documentation has still not arrived. :mad:

So I guess I better start copying all the information for my case.

Remember if you find anything I say helpful, please click the scales

tbern123 vs Cabot

1. Cabot again !!! Urgent Help Needed
  2. Litigation - tbern123 V Cabot Financial (Uk) Limited
  3. No more calls from Cabot... lol

What does access to white data mean for the debt purchase industry?

Lucy Swannell, Business Support Manager, Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited

Debt purchasers are about to gain access to positive personal credit information for the first time, does this herald a new era in the debt purchase industry?

Historically, debt purchasers have, largely, been able to access only black, or negative, credit data, such as arrears information, on customers within portfolios purchased at default stage. Under new proposals on the supply and access of credit performance information shared through the credit reference agencies (CRAs), debt purchasers will soon also be able to access white, or positive, data. This will include customers’ general levels of indebtedness, the amount of time they have been holders of credit, and the mix of debt they hold between secured and unsecured debt.

Most debt purchasers use one or more CRA to obtain address links and already take advantage of some of the white data they hold, but the additional information will help improve their on-line trace processes and pre- and post-purchase risk analysis, leading to better collections. However, to access this extra data, debt purchasers are required to report ‘reciprocal’ default information to the CRAs.

The ability to access white data will increase the importance of reporting to the CRAs as debt purchasers who have reciprocal data agreements will be able to price portfolios more competitively through improved risk analysis. Many debt purchasers already report default information and will now need to work with the CRAs to identify portfolios that fall within the proposal criteria and gain access to the additional data. Those who do not already report will need to take the necessary steps to start doing so, or risk becoming uncompetitive.

If the debt purchase industry is to take full advantage of the new access to white data, it needs to ensure it is capable of meeting the reporting requirements and of making full use of the information received. Debt purchasers who are not able to do this may find themselves left behind in the old era.

So what our Lucy is saying here .. is slap on a default as and when they can and give somebody 6 years of misery, just so they can access your white ( as reciprocal ) data ?

This is absolutely horrendous when you see it written so brazenly by Cabot." Ha ha, look what we got all your information and more - well what about the Credit Agreements CABOT ? you don't even have that and here you are smirking about what else you might be getting, this is making me physically sick.

She says " Debt purchasers who are not able to do this may find themselves left behind in the old era." - ??? WHAT ??? Do you mean that old era where you come hounding people left right and centre with no agreements?, no legal right to chase a debt?, no supporting documentation to support your threats and intimidation? Commission and prizes for your staff at Credit Today and good ole Ken Maynard traipsing around the country selling the good word of Cabotfinancial.eu ? You gotta be kidding me !

Madam, you had better not get so happy, we will stop you. and....... COME ON Experian, Equifax and Call Credit make these damned companies PRODUCE TO YOU the documentation BEFORE you go slapping defaults on. You have a responsibility to make sure peoples accounts are not slighted by 'guilty until proven innocent' tactics in a country where my grandfather fought and lost his life at 34 yrs of age for our freedoms.......DONT LET THEIR LIVES BE LOST IN VAIN.

IF I was on a mission before, you ain't seen nothing yet!

Is a default held in a certain 'bucket' one lodged at the time of you originally getting your default notice , all additions to that same notice being added to that bucket , and therefore all falling off your credit record at the same time ... or or they all seperate entrys, all time stamped , so when your original default falls of the end of the 6 years.. the additions still remain , or more importantly.. can be still added to so that it still shows after the 6 years ?

Elizabeth, you will not get help from the CRA's, they are in it together. They are owned by the credit and DCA companies. The only way to stop it is by government legislature . Ideally someday, credit data will be held by a independant entity with far more stringent rules as to how companies can access or add to in the way of default or black data .

Percival, you should read surelybonds 'default hell' threads. They explain exactly what the CRA's don't want to hear. Its hard work and a long read, but the CRA's do not get our data through legislation, they set themselves up and everyone believes that 6yrs worth of data is what happens by law. Surleybonds will tell you different, will tell you how to get the data removed and tell you exactly where in the pecking order these CRA's belong.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legalities/20118-default-hell.html?highlight=default+hell

enjoy....

Thanks for that link, will read now )

At the moment , everything is ok for me.. default -wise . Everything fell off in 2005 with the CRA's . I was just wondering if a debt purchaser after say 10 years after the original default could make any additions, and if they could.. would it add to the old 'bucket' of information from 1997 and not show or would it show up as 2007 and therefore be seen again . There isnt a lot of real guidelines from what ive seen, not by law . Only guidelines from various bodies.. OFT , CAB , maybe could be construed to be part of the limitations act and therefore 6 years , but thats only an interpretation, theres nothing specific .

Once they get to access white data this way you'll see on their web page with the 'satisfied customers' :

From Margaret in Kent : Thank you Cabot for defauting me so to access my white data , You have been most professsional in your undertaking of this , the nice lady on the phone told me the default would only last 6 years , again.. many thanks Cabot for an excellent service .

Roger in Basingstoke : Thank you Cabot for your deserving default on my account, I have always been meaning to ask you to do this, and now you have provided it free of charge, another thumbs up to the excellent service at Cabot!

Peter in Derby : Once again Cabot you have proved to be the best ! , that white data that I thought you did not have on me is now all yours! , and all for the measly sum of me having to pay extortionate interest rates for 6 years.. well done to you all on the Cabot team !

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry folks found this extract. Although of little use to Tbern it will be of use to all Caboteers who are beginning action and are getting the boorish argument from Cabot/Hodson's of having the rights but not duties of the creditor.

I have added it to the "rights and duties" thread running under this cabot forum, but thought it nice to add it to this thread, as Tbern has been the leading speaker in respect of the cabot onslaught..

Regarding Cabot/Hodson's argument that it has the rights and not duties, I've found the following extract that will assist kill off such barren and boorish argument.....

"In the case of Rhone v Stephens [1994] 2 AC 310 322, Lord Templeman accepted that conditions relevant to the exercise of a right could be attached to that right in express terms or by implication.

This can occur when the assignor must perform certain obligations prior to and as a condition of the non-assigning party performing its obligations. After the assignor assigns its rights to the assignee, the assignee is in no better position than the assignor. Thus, the assignee must perform the assignor's obligations itself (or have someone else do so - this assumption is based on the fact that the original contract expressly or impliedly allows persons other than the assignor to perform the assignor's obligations) before it can enforce its rights against the non-assigning party. This principle has been explained as follows:

The fact that an assignment of rights does not in itself impose liability for performance upon the assignee, does not mean that the assignee may enforce the contract if the obligations which it imposes are not performed by either the assignee or the assignor. On the contrary, the assignee takes the rights with all the burdens to which the rights were subject in the hands of the assignor and if he undertakes to enforce the rights by an action, he must show that the conditions have been performed either by his assignor or by himself.

This principle was applied in Field v Fitton [1988] 1 NZLR 482 where a buyer assigned its interests under an agreement for sale and purchase of land. The Court of Appeal held that the assignees were not entitled to have the land transferred to them as neither they (nor anyone else) had performed the assignor's obligations under the agreement.

Thus there is a risk for assignees relying on assigned rights where their ability to enforce those rights depends on the performance of obligations (especially performance by someone other than the assignee)."

:roll:

• Haha 1

Something else to chew on :)

Tito v Waddell (no 2) [1977] ch 106:

"....If the initial transaction has created benefits and burdens which....are distinct, the question whether a person who is not an original party can take one without the other will prima facie depend on the circs in which he comes into the transaction. If, for instance, all that is assigned to him is the benefit of a contract and the assignor, who is a party to the contract, undertakes to continue to discharge the burdens of it, it would be remarkable if it were to be held that the assignee could not take the benefit without assuming the burden. The circs show that the assignee was intended to take only the benefit, and that the burden was intended to be borne in the same way as it had been borne previously".

This may seem a simplistic question amongst all the good work going on here but it gets us back to this one.

If one is pursuing penalties or mis-sold ppi or even interest back from the OC, once the debt has been assigned to the likes of Cabot does this mean the debtor should pursue the assignee (i.e. Cabot/DCA) for the refund of the same?

• Haha 1

This may seem a simplistic question amongst all the good work going on here but it gets us back to this one.

If one is pursuing penalties or mis-sold ppi or even interest back from the OC, once the debt has been assigned to the likes of Cabot does this mean the debtor should pursue the assignee (i.e. Cabot/DCA) for the refund of the same?

Hi,

Well I'm now convinced this is so!

"it would be remarkable if it were to be held that the assignee could not take the benefit without assuming the burden.":D

Jeff.