Taking Cabot to court for failing to supply HSBC CCA + Distress etc

tbern123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

... so what would you do in Rhia's and my situation where the charges have been refunded to Cabot instead of to us by the bank/Card co and what argument would you use against them? Do you think the bank have a right to send a refund to the DCA? In my case the debt was ALL charges.

Hi

Had you issued court proceedings for these charges?

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....l#post53879 9

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had you issued court proceedings for these charges?

Yes I have as the lender has written admiting the amount but said they ahve sent it to the DCA. This action had started anyway but I am letting it run now instead of withdrawing as these penalty charges are mine by rights.

I think the situation should be that if the DCA can prove the debt the debtor should agree settlement with them but be free to reclaim the penalties from the original lender to be paid to the individual.

I think the situation should be that if the DCA can prove the debt the debtor should agree settlement with them but be free to reclaim the penalties from the original lender to be paid to the individual.

actually, I agree with you Rhia. I think Citi should, despite them giving the monies to Cabot, send the lot to me and reclaim it from Cabot themselves as I had no contract with Cabot and it was all fees and charges. I also do not believe they should keep the OFT £12 and refund the difference between their £25 and £12-cos that's exactly what they did.

Hi

I agree with you both. The way I see it, those charges made by the creditor are not/were not payments by you to the account and IMO should not be transferred to a third party as payment towards a debt without your consent.

Also many people have continued to claim the full amount after the banks have offered/repaid the difference between the OFT limit and the actual charge. The claim needs to be continued because that £12 was only the maximum, above which the OFT would take action, and they also said that they were not saying that this figure was fair. It is still up to the bank to show that the cost of each breach WAS £12 if that is what they are charging.

Regards, Pam

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....l#post53879 9

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

Hi

I agree with you both. The way I see it, those charges made by the creditor are not/were not payments by you to the account and IMO should not be transferred to a third party as payment towards a debt without your consent.

Also many people have continued to claim the full amount after the banks have offered/repaid the difference between the OFT limit and the actual charge. The claim needs to be continued because that £12 was only the maximum, above which the OFT would take action, and they also said that they were not saying that this figure was fair. It is still up to the bank to show that the cost of each breach WAS £12 if that is what they are charging.

Regards, Pam

....also Pam, and thanks for that, the OFT do not make the laws of this land and if the charges are unlawful by exceeding the liquidated loss ( what it costs the bank) then even £12 is unlawful which makes the whole lot reclaimable anyway until they disclose their true costs.... onwards and upwards !

Andrew1 Citi are particularly horrible to deal with as I helped my son reclaim his penalties and although we don't want to hijack this thread so PM me and I can fill you in.

Getting back to the topic in hand there is little doubt that these charges are owed to you. Perhaps it would frighten Cabot if you claimed against them (plus contractual interest). I think they would soon start squealing and suddenly find that the illegible application form they are trying to fob you off with (if they are) isn't a correctly executed agreement after all and whoops file goes back to original creditor.

If your account is all penalty charges and your SAR/CCA application shows it then game, set and match. They don't have a leg to stand on.

A penalty charge is unenforceable in its entirety , they can't just pay the difference

Dunlop Pneumatic Tyre Co Ltd v New Garage and Motor Co Ltd [1915], in which Lord Dunedin stated that: "A charge will be held to be a penalty if the sum stipulated for is extravagant and unconscionable in amount in comparison to the greatest loss that could conceivably be proved to have followed from the breach. A penalty clause is void in its entirety and unenforceable."

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Magnificent Janet-M. That is very useful information.

And another thought Andrew1. If your account was defaulted on penalty charges then that default must be removed completely it may even open the way to a few damages due to erroneous information.

And another thought Andrew1. If your account was defaulted on penalty charges then that default must be removed completely it may even open the way to a few damages due to erroneous information.

Now, pm me your thoughts as to compensation. Citi never took the default off - it's been there since 2004 AND Cabot added one too... me see's £'s signs :D

Agreed. I'm itching to get "see you in court" into my next letter. :D

Hiya Guys And Gals

Just to add if we are not careful the Bailiffs are going to get more power to break and enter your house for goods or monies owed. Please click on the link below and join the petition that we need to sign on line to stop this dead.

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Restore the ancient rights of British citizens to refuse the forced entry of bailiffs.

Come on guys keep fighting for the right

Thanks in Advance

Mikey

Keep claiming the right

Mikey

If you find that I have helped in anyway please click on the scales to left of the screen- Thank you

Advice & opinions of Scouser9 are offered informally, without any assumption of liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

50% Of claim offered by The Halifax 09/12/2006

LBA letter sent 11/12/2006

Refusal in part of Payment sent 12/12/2006

Halifax settled with £4200 agreed amount 27/12/2006

Survey Submitted and Donation Made 02/01/2007

PPI Claim Sent To Halifax 25/11/2008

PPI Claim Halifax Won 31/12/2008

PPI Claim Sent To Carcraft 22/12/2008

A penalty charge is unenforceable in its entirety , they can't just pay the difference

This is why you will find Banks are now playing word games and issueing new terms and conditions calling it an administration fee

Remember if you find anything I say helpful, please click the scales

tbern123 vs Cabot

1. Cabot again !!! Urgent Help Needed
  2. Litigation - tbern123 V Cabot Financial (Uk) Limited
  3. No more calls from Cabot... lol

This is why you will find Banks are now playing word games and issueing new terms and conditions calling it an administration fee

When they do this it is called 'cloaking the penalty ' and it is very well known in the courts .As seahorse says they can call it what they want :)

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

tbern123 vs Cabot

Your like this one Seahorse...

Google Uk - Cabot Financial Complaints and we are Number 1 and 2

cabot financial complaints - Google Search

tbern123 vs Cabot

I wish I knew how search engines work. It would be nice if our complaints came first when you searched just for cabot financial

tbern123 vs Cabot

I wish I knew how search engines work. It would be nice if our complaints came first when you searched just for cabot financial

Try: Cabot Complaints ..Number 1 and 2 there as well (just different threads lol)

I think if we typed Cabot Financial in all our threads, instead of just Cabot- that would do it re getting googling number 1

Just hate every DCA out there

It's a matter of evolution where Google is concerned, as they continually update their software. BUT. In general, it's a matter of how relevant the content of a site is, that elevates its rankings. Plus, big business pays big bucks to keep their site up there. So, again in general, although it doesn't ALWAYS work, if you search for a company specifically, unless the content of their site has absolutely no relevance to the companies description, it will usually end up at the top of the 1st page. And believe me when I say that Cabot have an excellent design team tweaking their content to ensure it stays at No 1.

Too much beer means too much blethering. I think I need to switch the auld laptop off until the morning.