• Tweets

• TECHZONE BUXTON LTD overview - Find and update company information - GOV.UK FIND-AND-UPDATE.COMPANY-INFORMATION.SERVICE.GOV.UK TECHZONE BUXTON LTD - Free company information from Companies House including registered office address, filing history, accounts, annual... thread title updated. dx
    • next time dont upload 19 single page pdfs use the sites listed on upload to merge them into one multipage pdf.. we aint got all day to download load single page files 2024-01-15 DBCLegal SAR.pdf
    • If you have not kept the original PCN you can always send an SAR to Excel and they have to send you all the info they have on you within a month. failure to do so can lead to you being able to sue them for their failure.......................................nice irony.
    • Thank you and well done  for posting up all those notices it must have have taken you ages.. The entrance sign is very helpful since the headline states                    FREE PARKING FOR CUSTOMERS ONLY in capitals with not time limit mentioned. Underneath and not in capitals they then give the actual times of parking which would not be possible to read when driving into the car park unless you actually stopped and read them. Very unlikely especially arriving at 5.30 pm with possibly other cars behind. On top of that the Notice goes on to say that the terms and conditions are inside the car park so the entrance sign cannot offer a contract it is merely an offer to treat. Inside the car park the signs are mostly too high up and the font size too small to be able to read much of their signs. DCBL have not shown a single sign that can be read on their SAR. Although as they show photographs which were taken the year after your alleged breach we do not know what the signs were when you were there. For instance the new signs showed the charge was then £100 whereas your PCN was for £85. Who knows, when you were there perhaps the time was for 3 hours. They were asked to produce  planning permission which would have been necessary for the ANPR cameras alone and didn't do so. Nor did they provide a copy of the contract-DCBL  "deeming them disproportionate or not relevant to the substantive issues in the dispute" How arrogant and untruthful is that? The contract and planning permission could be vital to having the claim thrown out. I can find no trace of planning permission for the signs nor the cameras on Tonbridge Council planning portal. and the contract of course is highly relevant since some contracts advise the parking rouges that they cannot take motorists to Court. I understand that Europarks are now running that car park which means that nexus didn't  last long before being thrown out.....................................
    • Hi,   I am not sure if I posted this already here but I don't think I did. I attach a judgement that raises very interesting points IMO. Essentially EVRi did their usual non attendance that we normally see, however the judge (for the first time I've seen in these threads) dismissed the notice and awarded me judgement by default because their notice misses the "confirmation of compliance" paragraph. in and out in 3 minutes (aside from the chat at the end with the judge about his problems with evri) Redacted - evri CPR loss.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Taking Cabot to court for failing to supply HSBC CCA + Distress etc

tbern123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5437 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya Guys and Girls,

Nice to see the same people willing to help others ie tbern and elizabeth, debt mountain and the rest.

Just to say that I won my money back from halifax but only with all your help.

But thats not why I have jumped in here, today I recieved these 2 letters after sending a s.a.r request from Cabot and was wondering wether some is taking the pi&&** or what, their time is nearly up timescale wise. They have had their 12 days, and on the 16th they will have had their full calender month and I have stuck to the rules according to the C.A.G. guidelines and letters.

The letters read as follows first from Monument.

From Monument

23 January 2007

Dear Mr Scouser9

We hereby give notice of the assignment of the debt to us from you in respect of the balance £XXXXXX outstanding on your Providian National Bank Credit Card account,

On the 20th September 2005 your account was sold to Kings Hill (No1) Ltd, part of the

Cabot Financial Group.

Any further communication and payments must therefore be addressed to Cabot financial directly at the address below

Cabot

PO Box No 241

West Malling

Kent

ME19 4NA

Freephone: 0800 328 8338

Yours truly,

Mr Graham Taylor

Once again its sold to Kingshill and Cabot get involved, and secondly the letter I recieved from Cabot on the sameday.

From Cabot

30 January 2007

Dear Mr Scouser9

Further to your letter of 15th January 2007.

Unfortunately as we are not the originators of the above account we do not hold copy agreements or statements. This is why, as we advised you, the paperwork had to be ordered from Monument.

As assignee we deny that we are the creditor and as such, have not breached Section 189(1) or 78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. This company has at all times acted properly, appropriately and in accordance with all relevant laws and requlations.

We can confirm that as soon as the copy agreement and statements are received they will be forwarded to you.

We can also confirm that your telephone number has been removed from our dialler system and all future contact will be in writing.

Yours truly,

Emma Robertson

Customer Relations Deptmanet

Cabot

PO Box No 241

West Malling

Kent

ME19 4NA

Their time runs out on the 16th of Febuary and then they will in breach of the rules laid down for them.

I have a couple of questions guys.

1. If it has took Monument this long ( 20th September 2005) to now to send this letter does it mean that they cannot supply the documents requested with my S.A.R.

2. If my account was sold to Kings Hill what is Cabot doing handling my data. It seems by reading everyones argument with Cabot its the same as mine.

3, Last but not least what and where do now.

Sorry for butting in, I will also post the letter that I recieved from member of parliament as he complianed on my behalf to the OFT and the FSA, I have complained as well.

I have recieved a fob off letter from the FSA but nothing from the OFT except a cut and paste couple of pages from their website, ****e,

Anyway my member of parliament insists he going to chase everything up, and was very dissapointed that the OFT had not answered his letter and promise's to get back to me.

Anyway must go now as sleep beckons will post tomorrow

Keep on claiming the right and don't forget donate donate donate.

Mikey

Keep claiming the right

Mikey

If you find that I have helped in anyway please click on the scales to left of the screen- Thank you

Advice & opinions of Scouser9 are offered informally, without any assumption of liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

50% Of claim offered by The Halifax 09/12/2006

LBA letter sent 11/12/2006

Refusal in part of Payment sent 12/12/2006

Halifax settled with £4200 agreed amount 27/12/2006

Survey Submitted and Donation Made 02/01/2007

PPI Claim Sent To Halifax 25/11/2008

PPI Claim Halifax Won 31/12/2008

PPI Claim Sent To Carcraft 22/12/2008

Debt Mountain I suggest you keep the £10 in your pocket and point out to

the muppets what s7 [1][a] of the DPA actually states.

an individual is entitled

to be informed by any data controller whether personal data of which that individual is the data subject are being processed by or on behalf of that

data controller.

and then in s.7 [1][c]

to have communicated to him in an intelligible form-

(i) the information constituting any personal data of which that individual is the data subject, and

(ii) any information available to the data controller as to the source of those data .

So, regardless of how many accounts you have with them, the £10 covers

them all.

Hiya Guys and Girls,

Nice to see the same people willing to help others ie tbern and elizabeth, debt mountain and the rest.

Just to say that I won my money back from halifax but only with all your help.

But thats not why I have jumped in here, today I recieved these 2 letters after sending a s.a.r request from Cabot and was wondering wether some is taking the pi&&** or what, their time is nearly up timescale wise. They have had their 12 days, and on the 16th they will have had their full calender month and I have stuck to the rules according to the C.A.G. guidelines and letters.

The letters read as follows first from Monument.

From Monument

23 January 2007

Dear Mr Scouser9

We hereby give notice of the assignment of the debt to us from you in respect of the balance £XXXXXX outstanding on your Providian National Bank Credit Card account,

On the 20th September 2005 your account was sold to Kings Hill (No1) Ltd, part of the

Cabot Financial Group.

Any further communication and payments must therefore be addressed to Cabot financial directly at the address below

Cabot

PO Box No 241

West Malling

Kent

ME19 4NA

Freephone: 0800 328 8338

Yours truly,

Mr Graham Taylor

Once again its sold to Kingshill and Cabot get involved, and secondly the letter I recieved from Cabot on the sameday.

From Cabot

30 January 2007

Dear Mr Scouser9

Further to your letter of 15th January 2007.

Unfortunately as we are not the originators of the above account we do not hold copy agreements or statements. This is why, as we advised you, the paperwork had to be ordered from Monument.

As assignee we deny that we are the creditor and as such, have not breached Section 189(1) or 78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. This company has at all times acted properly, appropriately and in accordance with all relevant laws and requlations.

We can confirm that as soon as the copy agreement and statements are received they will be forwarded to you.

We can also confirm that your telephone number has been removed from our dialler system and all future contact will be in writing.

Yours truly,

Emma Robertson

Customer Relations Deptmanet

Cabot

PO Box No 241

West Malling

Kent

ME19 4NA

Their time runs out on the 16th of Febuary and then they will in breach of the rules laid down for them.

I have a couple of questions guys.

1. If it has took Monument this long ( 20th September 2005) to now to send this letter does it mean that they cannot supply the documents requested with my S.A.R.

2. If my account was sold to Kings Hill what is Cabot doing handling my data. It seems by reading everyones argument with Cabot its the same as mine.

3, Last but not least what and where do now.

Sorry for butting in, I will also post the letter that I recieved from member of parliament as he complianed on my behalf to the OFT and the FSA, I have complained as well.

I have recieved a fob off letter from the FSA but nothing from the OFT except a cut and paste couple of pages from their website, ****e,

Anyway my member of parliament insists he going to chase everything up, and was very dissapointed that the OFT had not answered his letter and promise's to get back to me.

Anyway must go now as sleep beckons will post tomorrow

Keep on claiming the right and don't forget donate donate donate.

Mikey

CAN PEOPLE PLEASE STOP TRYING TO HIJACK THIS THREAD !!!!!! PLEASE START YOUR OWN AND POST A LINK... IT IS VERY HARD TO FOLLOW WHEN PEOPLE KEEP INTERUPTING THE STORY... ok moan over

Sorry guys I did say sorry and excuse me

Thanks

Mikey

and will do

Keep claiming the right

Mikey

If you find that I have helped in anyway please click on the scales to left of the screen- Thank you

Advice & opinions of Scouser9 are offered informally, without any assumption of liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

50% Of claim offered by The Halifax 09/12/2006

LBA letter sent 11/12/2006

Refusal in part of Payment sent 12/12/2006

Halifax settled with £4200 agreed amount 27/12/2006

Survey Submitted and Donation Made 02/01/2007

PPI Claim Sent To Halifax 25/11/2008

PPI Claim Halifax Won 31/12/2008

PPI Claim Sent To Carcraft 22/12/2008

I sent an S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to both cabot and kingshill. Got a reply today on the same lovely new cabot paper saying, thanks for the request (cabot) but as you had both joint accounts and single accounts with us we need a £10 from each of you.

Just chequed my bank and both the Kingshill and Cabot cheques have been cashed.

DM - if you issued cheques to both, why don't you ask you bank for the cheques back and you can see who banked them - that would be interesting.

DM - if you issued cheques to both, why don't you ask you bank for the cheques back and you can see who banked them - that would be interesting.

damn fine idea. I have to go into the bank today anyway for another reason. thanks Andrew will let youze know what comes back.

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here

Debt Mountain I suggest you keep the £10 in your pocket and point out to

the muppets what s7 [1][a] of the Data Protection Act actually states.

an individual is entitled

to be informed by any data controller whether personal data of which that individual is the data subject are being processed by or on behalf of that

data controller.

and then in s.7 [1][c]

to have communicated to him in an intelligible form-

(i) the information constituting any personal data of which that individual is the data subject, and

(ii) any information available to the data controller as to the source of those data .

So, regardless of how many accounts you have with them, the £10 covers

them all.

lookinforinfo

thanks for the info, not sure if my original message was a bit confusing but Me and Mrs DM have 1 account with Cabot, I have to in my name only and Mrs DM has 1 in her name only. Does this make a difference to the info you quoted. I think they may be correct in this instance...is that a first?

Thanks

Spoke to a lovely lady (Hi Sarah if you are watching) in customer services (Have they always quoted the 01732 775436 number or is that new as opposed to the 0870 ££££££££ number they use to use.) anyway, she said that as I had sent £10 to each Cabot and Kingshill that these 2 payments cover the SAR fee as they are both within the Cabot Group.

So I have save tenner (or is it actually £20).

So I have faxed off a letter confirming this and that the original 40 timeline for each is still require, so 1 of them (Cabot) is due before we have our prelim meeting on 28th Feb.

this is getting to be more enjoyable by the day.

Hey,? Isn't it against the DCA rules to use a premium rate telephone number to get we poor debtors to call on?

Thats why I pointed it out, is it that Cabot are starting to read these guidelines and actually comply with them? or is it just because these letters are from customer Services and they have a direct dial?

the last automated letter I got from Peter Anderson had 0845 0700 116 is that not just a national rate standard cost number?

sometimes they also quote an 0800 328 9911

Does anyone have a customer services email address for them? I know we can get Kens address from Tbern but I want a general email?

ta

• Haha 1

Thats why I pointed it out, is it that Cabot are starting to read these guidelines and actually comply with them? or is it just because these letters are from customer Services and they have a direct dial?

the last automated letter I got from Peter Anderson had 0845 07000 116 is that not just a national rate standard cost number?

sometimes they also quote an 0800 328 9911

Does anyone have a customer services email address for them? I know we can get Kens address from Tbern but I want a general email?

ta

Email: [email protected] :D

• Haha 2

Spoke to a lovely lady (Hi Sarah if you are watching) in customer services (Have they always quoted the 01732 775436 number or is that new as opposed to the 0870 ££££££££ number they use to use.) anyway, she said that as I had sent £10 to each Cabot and Kingshill that these 2 payments cover the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) fee as they are both within the Cabot Group.

So I have save tenner (or is it actually £20).

So I have faxed off a letter confirming this and that the original 40 timeline for each is still require, so 1 of them (Cabot) is due before we have our prelim meeting on 28th Feb.

this is getting to be more enjoyable by the day.

They have not banked either of my two cheques yet.... :(

Remember if you find anything I say helpful, please click the scales

tbern123 vs Cabot

1. Cabot again !!! Urgent Help Needed
  2. Litigation - tbern123 V Cabot Financial (Uk) Limited
  3. No more calls from Cabot... lol

This may have been posted before but just in case it hasn't

This is a link for the OFT Debt Collection Guidance:

http://www.oft.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/50F06527-9FC5-4610-B385-999D6E2A8950/0/oft664.pdf

Deceptive and/or unfair methods

2.7 Dealings with debtors are not to be deceitful and/or unfair.

2.8 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

f. passing on debtor details to debt management companies without the debtors' informed prior consent

I am sure that people will be able to recognise the clear breach of these Guidelines by Kings Hill (No.1) Ltd when they passed everyones details onto Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd. I know for a fact that my permission was not given and I have documented proof from them that they never even asked for my consent.

• Haha 1

tbern123 vs Cabot

I went to the first page of this document = "Communication" - do they have enough ROPE yet???:D:D:D

2 UNFAIR BUSINESS PRACTICES

Communication

2.1 It is unfair to communicate, in whatever form, with consumers in an unclear,

inaccurate or misleading manner.

2.2 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

a. use of official looking documents intended or likely to mislead

debtors as to their status, for example, documents made to resemble court

claims.

b. leaving out or presenting information in such a way that it

creates a false or misleading impression or exploits debtors'

lack of knowledge

c. those contacting debtors not making clear who they are, who

they work for, what their role is, what the purpose of the

contact is

d. unnecessary and unhelpful use of legal and technical language, for

example, use of Latin phrases

e. failing to provide debtors or creditors with information on status

of debts, for example, not providing requested balance statements when

reasonably requested

f. contacting debtors at unreasonable times

g. ignoring or disregarding debtors' legitimate wishes in respect

of when and where to contact them, for example, shift workers who

ask not to be telephoned during certain times of the day

h. asking or instructing debtors to make contact on premium rate

telephone numbers

Would you people please give me you views on the folowing thread in Legalities :

Need some urgent legal advice please !!

There seem to be some parallels with what has been going on with you, tbern... yet I am getting confllicting advice. Surely these people cannot get away with this ?

Thank you...

Ok, I know that this is a complete waste of time, but today is Sunday and I had nothing better to do .

So, I have made a formal complaint to the Credit Services Association about both Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd and Kings Hill (No.1) Ltd. Yes I know Mr Maynard is a Counci Member and a Director and that he is also Chairman of the Debt Buyers & Sellers Group. I also know that the CSA won't do anything more then just fob me off.. But hey, what harm can it do ? Excuse the fonts.. The posts, don't seem to like CUT 'N' PASTE at the moment.

FORMAL NOTICE OF DISSATISFACTION

3rd February 2007

Credit Services Association

Wingrove House

Ponteland Road

Newcastle upon Tyne

NE5 3DP

Re: Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited & Kings Hill (No.1) Ltd

Dear Sir / Madam,

It is with much disappointment, that I find myself having to bring your attention to a complaint I have made against the above named companies. As I am sure you are fully aware, not only is Mr Ken Maynard a Director and Council Member of the Credit Services Association and the Chairman of the Debt Buyers & Sellers Group, he is also the Chief Executive of these companies. Taking this into consideration, I am sure you will share my surprise and dismay that this companies have so clearly breached the Code of Practice of your association.

Further to the recent BBC Watchdog program, featuring your President Mr Godfrey Lancashire. I hope you treat my complaint seriously and not take into account Mr Maynard’s position in relation to your association and the Debt Buyers & Sellers Group.

Firstly, I would like to take this opportunity to give you a brief overview of my complaint. Kings Hill (No.1) Ltd acquired via a ‘Deed of Assignment’ an alleged debt, which through their self appointed agents Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd they have pursued me for repayment.

Cabot Ref: 1465790: This is an alleged HSBC account and was acquired by Kings Hill (No.1) Ltd on 2nd May 2006. However, despite repeated requests they have been unable to provide me with any documentation relating to this debt. Thus, they have been unable to prove that I am the debtor or that this debt actually exists.

To ensure that you fully understand my complaint, I will relate my concerns to your Code of Practice.

3. Legislation & Guidelines

a) Each member shall conduct its business lawfully, comply with all relevant UK legislation, regulation and judicial decisions and trade fairly and responsibly.

Consumer Credit Act 1974

Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd / Kings Hill (No.1) Ltd have committed an offence (s) under s77, 78 and 97 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. As confirmed in a letter dated 29th September 2006, their ref: Isabel/1465790 from Ms Emma Robertson, Customer Relations Department, Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited. My initial request for information under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 was made on 8th September 2006.

In a further letter from Ms Emma Robertson, dated 16th October 2006:

‘We are writing to advise you that to date, we have not received any information from HSBC relating to the above account.’

Finally, I received a letter from Ms Robertson, dated 18 December 2006 confirmed:

‘Unfortunately, HSBC Bank plc have been unable to provide us with copies of the request information and have therefore recalled your account. We can confirm that your account has subsequently been reassigned to HSBC plc.’

Furthermore, in an email dated 31st October 2006, I received from Ms Justine Horton, Team Leader, Customer Services Department, Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd:

"Any requests for documentation under s77 and s78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 still have to be forwarded to the originators and as a result it is very unlikely that the documentation can be provided within the prescribed period. Cabot is not being obstructive regarding this matter - we are reliant on the originators"

This statement clearly demonstrates the contempt and lack of understanding they have in relation to its obligations under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

I would like to take this opportunity to remind the you, of the content of the Consumer Credit Act in relation to s77, 78 and 97.

77. Duty to information to debtor under fixed-sum credit agreement.

(4) If the creditor under an agreement fails to comply with subsection (1) -

(b) If the default continues for one month he commits an offence

78. Duty to information to debtor under running-account credit agreement

(6) If the creditor under an agreement fails to comply with subsection (1) -

(b) If the default continues for one month he commits an offence.

97. Duty to give information

(1) The creditor under a regulated consumer credit agreement, within the prescribed period after he has received a request in writing to that effect from the debtor, shall give the debtor a statement in the prescribed form indicating, according to information to which is practical for him to refer, the amount of the payment required to discharge the debtor’s indebtedness under the agreement, together with the prescribed particulars showing how the amount is arrived at.

(3) If the creditor fails to comply with subsection (1) -

(b) If the default continues for one month he commits an offence

Data Protection Act 1988

Kings Hill (No.1) Ltd processed personal data relating to the myself, as defined by the Data Protection Act 1988, without my permission or knowledge. Furthermore they also disclosed my personal data, as defined by the Data Protection Act 1988, to their appointed agent Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd, again without my permission of knowledge.

I would like to take this opportunity to refer the court to an email dated 31st October 2006, I received from Ms Justine Horton, Team Leader, Customer Services Department, Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd:

"When purchasing accounts we are not supplied with any documentation (i.e. copy agreements or statements of account) and therefore any requests for such have to be forwarded to the originators to be retrieved from their archives - as I am sure you can appreciate this can be a lengthy process"

As confirmed by Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd, when they purchase accounts they are not supplied with any documentation. On this basis, I am unable to ascertain why Kings Hill (No.1) Ltd assumed they were permitted to process and disclose my personal data.

I can confirm that Kings Hill (No.1) Ltd and Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd are registered separately, with the Information Commissioner’s Office as Data Controller’s.

On the 5th September 2002, Kings Hill (No.1) Ltd registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office as a Data Controller. Their Data Protection Register, reference is Z7064593 On the 26th April 2001, Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office as a Data Controller. Their Data Protection Register, reference is Z5415234.

Data Protection Act 1988

PART I

PRELIMINARY Basic interpretative provisions. 1. - (1) In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires-

"data controller" means, subject to subsection (4), a person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal data are, or are to be, processed;

"personal data" means data which relate to a living individual who can be identified-

Fair Processing Notice

As clearly stated on the Information Commissioner’s Office own website

ICO – Information Commissioner's Office :

Q: What do I need to put in my fair processing notice, which is given to individuals before I process their information?

You will need to outline what and how information is going to be processed. This is to make sure the individual knows exactly what is going to happen to their information and how it is going to be used. You shouldn't be doing anything with personal information unless the individual is made aware.

I can confirm that I have never received a Fair Processing Notice from either company or Data Controller.

3. Legislation & Guidelines

b) Each member shall also comply with Debt Collection Guidance as published by the Office of Fair Trading from time to time.

2 UNFAIR BUSINESS PRACTICES

2.1 It is unfair to communicate, in whatever form, with consumers in an unclear, inaccurate or misleading manner.

2.2 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

Communication

e. failing to provide debtors or creditors with information on status of debts, e.g.

not providing requested balance statements when reasonably requested.

As previously mention both Kings Hill (No.1) Ltd and Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd, have been unable to provide me with any documentation, relating to this alleged debt

Physical/psychological harassment

2.5 Putting pressure on debtors or third parties is considered to be oppressive.

2.6 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

i. disclosing or threatening to disclose debt details to third parties unless legally entitled to do so

Kings Hill (No.1) Ltd have disclosed my personal data to Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd. Contrary to their belief they are the same company, I can confirm that they are each registered separately with Companies House. Furthermore, which I find more worrying is that they are also registered with the Information Commissioners Office as separate Data Controllers.

Deceptive and/or unfair methods

2.7 Dealings with debtors are not to be deceitful and/or unfair.

2.8 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

f. passing on debtor details to debt management companies without the debtors'informed prior consent

I can confirm that my consent has never been requested, let alone given for Kings Hill (No.1) Ltd to pass my details onto Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd

4. Debt Collection & Default Guidelines

L) Take all possible steps to verify that the person being pursued, is in fact, the debtor.

As previously mentioned and confirmed in Correspondence from Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd. When they purchase a debt, they do not receive any documention from the original creditor. As this is the case, how can they verify who is the debtor ?

7. Complaints

IV. Complainants must be advised that one of the remedies is referral of the complaint to the Association where appropriate.

I have never been informed that I can refer my complaint to the CSA.

I have brought these breaches of your Code of Practice to your attention. I have also clearly demonstrated that the law has been broken and the guidelines of the Office of Fair Trading have not been followed.

I trust you will take my concerns very seriously and investigate them thoroughly. I look forward to your comprehensive response to complaint.

regards

tbern123

tbern123 vs Cabot

Tbern,

we really ought to donate "that paper" to them!! Sure looks like they'll need it soon?

lol:D

The only thing they are going to get from me is sweet FA ! (not talking fanny adams either) :eek:

tbern123 vs Cabot