• Tweets

• god they've got at you haven't they. told you all the usual utter BS. a CCJ vanishes from your credit file on it's 6th B'Day regardless to being paid off or not or paying or not. same with any debt with a registered defaulted date - it vanishes from your file on the DN's 6th B'day regardless. creditfix are Knightsbridge, (they renamed) there are 100's of threads here on Knightsbridge, if i remember rightly 2 of the directors of a certain very big IVA provider were struck off for embezzling £1m's out of debtors. pers i'd stop paying now.  end of . just ignore them all. 99% of your debts are to utterly powerless DCA's and probably were never owed in the first place only goes to firm up my belief from post one..you got had blind. its very easy to deal with the debts even those with CCJ's. can you copy and paste what you credit file says regarding the IVA please?   
    • Sorry I meant credit fix - I really wish I'd known this before - kicking myself right now  If they come back to me asking for more money I'll cancel it and start trying to deal with the debt myself let's see what they say  Feeling tempted to cancel it now but scared that some of the debts will do more CCJ's on me and I'll have to wait 6 years again.  2 of the CCJ come of this year and then I'll only have the iva in credit file - effectively if I'd have not took out the iva in 2021 I'd have clear score by now - but then again would I because I would have been hounded the last 3 years, as bad as it is it's saves me lots of headaches whilst my debt was still within the 6 year mark.  I think most of them are near there but in all honesty no point chasing them if I do cancel iva I'd jjst wait for the ones who contact me and then start the relevant letter process on them.  Of over 6 years easy if not still possible to write off. My true victory would be having the iva wiped off my credit file as mis sold or something that way I Don't have to wait till 2027 Other option is to fight back and ask for them to offer the creditors to accept payments so far and use the following method    Will your IVA firm agree to complete your IVA on the basic of funds paid to date? The Guidance lists a lot of factors to be considered in deciding whether a settlement on the basis of funds paid to date should be proposed. You should read the list. But that may not give you any feel for whether they apply to you or not. The following are my thoughts on when an IVA should be treated as settled, not failed. They assume that you have £75 or less to pay a month: if you would currently qualify for a Debt Relief Order, then your IVA should be settled now  There is no point in making your IVA fail and you have to apply for a DRO – it will not generate another penny for your creditors. If you are renting and owe less than £50,000, check the DRO criteria now and talk to National Debtline on 0808 808 4000 about whether you qualify. You may have been told at the start of your IVA that you aren’t eligible – still check now as the DRO criteria have changed, your situation has got worse, and some people were given incorrect information about DROs at the start. if you have no assets that would be realised in bankruptcy (eg a house with equity, car worth over £2000), then your IVA should be settled now Same as (1), there is no point in making you apply for bankruptcy after your IVA fails. if your only asset is a car that is worth less than £8000, then your IVA should be settled now A car that is worth say £5000 would normally be sold in bankruptcy and you would be given a small amount to buy a cheaper car. But your creditors would not get any benefit from this as the Insolvency Service takes the first £8000 raised to cover its own costs. if you have significant assets, the closer you are to the end of the IVA, the less reasonable it is to fail it If you have been paying your IVA for 4 years, you have done your best over a long period. It isn’t your fault you can no longer continue. The fact you may have had equity to release isn’t relevant as that simply isn’t going to be possible. if your situation will clearly improve soon, then it’s unlikely your IVA will be settled I mean real improvements, not hoping that prices fall. If I can get them to accept payment to date or threaten with cancellation hopefully they may accept it -  Other option is to try and borrow money and pay make a full and final offer  Or I can just ignore and hope for the best which I'm very tempted to do especially if they respond to my review with bullying tactics despite me being skint as a fart with no mortgage as renting  It's so stressful but I've just checked the iva agreement from 2021 and it's Cabot 2 accounts Lowell about 5 accounts and then lots of repeats of the same debt with for example zopa and Cabot same amount listed twice -  also loyyds banks but I'm sure that's older than 6 years and not on credit file anyway  If I can somehow remove the iva from my credit file I'd be happy 
    • India has one of the world's fastest growing economies but the benefits are yet to fully reach the poorest.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

advice needed,on so many debt collectors after me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Michsienna, you say it says 'credit agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974' just above your signature. What does it say at the top of the form? Does it have all the required information about APR, repayments etc. Have a closer look..you might have an application form.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Michsienna, if there's any way you can scan the document (blanking out all personal details) and post it here, we'll see if we can advise on it's validity.

As others have said, they may well have sent you an application, which isn't worth the paper it's written on.

:)

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

can you scan it in?

Me Vs AA/Blair Oliver - Defaulted on CCA, Committed Criminal Offence, started chasing payment

Me Vs Great Universal - Wrote off the 2k balance, couldnt supply docs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/74209-me-littlewoods-catalogue.html

My Friend Vs Lowell Portfolio - Balance written off, all action stopped!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75075-my-friend-lowell-victory.html

My Friend Vs Empire Catalogue - Balance Cleared

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75713-my-friend-empire-droyds.html

hi everyone,

i dont know how to work the scanner,its one of them 3 in one type things i only use it for printing.

on the agreement i was sent, it does read at the top department of finance capital one application certificate 555.

my name and address are printed on right, (i think it must of been one of them ones you get sent to you in the post asking you if you want one of there credit cards, becouse my name and address was already printed on there.

it then asks for my

title,

date of birth,

time at present address,

home phone number

am i employed

work number

gross annual income

do i want a additional card

length of time with bank

and then it goes on...

do i want to make use of the priority service option for faster processing of my application

am i interested in taking an immediate cash advance

do i want payment protection

then it reads credit card account agreement

credit agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974

then there is the small print, about being given a pin number, and i confirm all details ive given are correct,and i authorise capital one to search the files of any credit reference agencys,they will add to my record details of capital ones search and my application and this will be seen by other organisations that makes searchs..... ect

then it goes on about credit scoring

and them marketing onfo

on the left is some ones signature (authorised signature of capital one

on the right is my signature, and the date 16th nov 2001,next to the words this is a credit agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974 sign only if you want to be legally bound by its tearms:???: xx

It's an application form. I doubt it's worth the paper it's written on. :D

Does it include any T&Cs? An interest rate? A credit limit? Has it been signed by the lender?

• Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

frequency of repayment?

anything like that?

Me Vs AA/Blair Oliver - Defaulted on CCA, Committed Criminal Offence, started chasing payment

Me Vs Great Universal - Wrote off the 2k balance, couldnt supply docs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/74209-me-littlewoods-catalogue.html

My Friend Vs Lowell Portfolio - Balance written off, all action stopped!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75075-my-friend-lowell-victory.html

My Friend Vs Empire Catalogue - Balance Cleared

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75713-my-friend-empire-droyds.html

hi there

it does not say any thing about interest rates or nothing about repayments

there is a signature from some one on it, next to it, it reads authorised sinature of capital one, i guess they were the person who processed it. xx

hi there,

yes it does but mine doesent have a picture of the credit card on it, and instead of easy application form 5556, mine reads department of finance capital one application certificate 5555.

all the questions on yours are excatly the same on mine, even the small print is the same. xx

Definately an application not an agreement :)

Where you go from here is up to you. They're in default, and should know it. As such they cannot try to enforce the debt.

However, it may be worth being proactive in case they later pull something out of the hat.

Personally I'd send them a SAR, asking for full details of the data they hold about you including statements and copies of any contracts which they are relying on. If you want, I'll PM the letter I sent MBNA.

If that still doesn't yield a valid agreement, I'd say you're safe to assume there isn't one.

I say this because if they suddenly magic one up in a future court case, it will look good for you if you've given them every chance to supply one.

Of course, many people would advise taking no further action, and I can see advantages in that. It depends how much you're up for the fight! :D

• Haha 1

then it reads credit card account agreement

credit agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974

on the left is some ones signature (authorised signature of capital one

on the right is my signature, and the date 16th nov 2001,next to the words this is a credit agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974 sign only if you want to be legally bound by its tearms:???: xx

Hi Michsienna... thank you for your PM. :)

Although it reads like an Application Form.... the 2 extracts from your post leave a little doubt in my mind.

InKogneeToh is very good at dissecting these Agreements/Application Forms. It might be an idea to PM her.... as I cannot be confident that it isn't an Agreement because of the wording and the 2 sigs.

:grin: i say bring it on! im up for the fight!!!

Good on ya Michsienna!:D

The scan I posted is what lowell sent my hubby after his CCA request. At the time we thought it was kosher, but after reading around the threads it seems the general census say it is not. I personally am unsure what to do next as we claimed back the charges from Cap One and now have a small outstanding balance left with Lowell.

Good luck with your quest, sounds like you will give them what for!:D

InKogneeToh is very good at dissecting these Agreements/Application Forms. It might be an idea to PM her.... as I cannot be confident that it isn't an Agreement because of the wording and the 2 sigs.

I would be interested in InKogneetToh's conclusion, if that wouldn't be too much trouble:)

me too!!! :)

im sure it was the form i filled out when i aplyed for the credit card, some times you get them sent to your house and they already have your name and address on them, even though you never requested them. all you do is fill in the rest of the form,sign it and then send it back.. thats what happend with this one.

Did I hear my name mentioned? :D

I dunno how this rumour has spread but I am not the agreement expert! :eek: I'll give my opinion though.

But first some Golden Rules:

Never communicate over the phone with any company who is chasing you for debt - only in writing and keep copies of EVERYTHING.

Always start your initial communication with 'I do not acknowledge any debt to your company', never refer to 'my' agreement or 'my' debt, always the 'alleged' debt/agreement etc.

Don't start any payment plan with a debt management company for any debt that is now in the hands of a DCA until they have proved to your satisfaction that they have a right to collect the debt and, if they now own the debt, the credit agreement to back up what they are demanding. There are many cases where a DCA acquires a debt and chases the wrong person!

Similarly, never offer repayments to a DCA until they have proved the above.

With regards to the CCA request, only the CREDITOR is obliged to comply with this. If the DCA is acting as an agent for the creditor, the request should be sent to the creditor, not the DCA. However, if the DCA have stated that they have bought the debt, then they are the 'new' creditor and the request should be made to them.

Many catalogue accounts exist where an agreement has never been signed. If this turns out to be the case, they will not be able to enforce the debt.

Right, now to the agreement.

FIRST TEST:

Does it contain all of the following:

A credit limit (or explanation as to how it is to be determined/notified to you)

An Interest Rate

Number and frequency of repayments

If any of the above are missing then it is totally unenforceable.

Has it passed this test?

Regards, Pam

• Haha 3

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....l#post53879 9

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

It has indeed no credit limit, no interest rate and no payment plan:D Thanks very much for clarifying InKogneeToh!

I dunno how this rumour has spread but I am not the agreement expert!

This has obviously happened due to your sound advice and knowledge. I have seen this myself from reading around the threads. You are a valuable member to the CAG and I'm sure others will agree. Thank you for your help.8-)

yes a big THANK YOU!! :D

so now i need to contact them and tell them this ent a agreement, any suggestions on what to write would be most helpful.

also today i recieved a letter from HILLESDEN SECURITIES, acknowledging receipt of my cca letter i sent them, they are contacting citifinancial europe for a copy of the original agreement.

they also have wrote; if we are unable to forward a copy of the original agreement, we will be able to supply a true copy of the document which will comply with section 78 of the consumer credit act 1974. :confused:

many thanks to all of you helping me it means so much!! xxx

Have a re-read of my post #62. You don't necessarily have to write anything - they're in default and probably know it. If you do anything, I'd wait until the 12wd+30 day period is up, by which time they'll be comitting an offence. At this point I'd report them to Trading Standards.

I had a nice conversation with TS this morning and they are very keen to hear of these cases, especially where DCAs and card companies try to pull the wool over people's eyes with application forms or unenforcable agreements.

It may be worth sending a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) as detailed in my PM, just to give you that extra peace of mind that they won't suddenly magic a valid agreement out of a hat. But that's your call, it's another tenner which you may prefer to spend on a nice bottle of wine to celebrate Cap One's stupidity! :D

PS: don't worry about Hillesden, it sounds like they're bluffing. If they had an agreement they'd have sent it by now. Wait and see what, if anything, they come up with and go from there.

Hi

Firstly, many thanks for the rep points I have received today! :)

There is much debate about whether an application form can be classes as an 'agreement' but the bottom line is that ANY document that contains ALL of the prescribed terms and the debtors signature will be potentially enforceable, depending on how many other errors there are in it.

Please check your documents VERY carefully as these terms are often in the small print. If what you have received is an application form, and if you are certain that the 'prescribed terms' (above) are not ALL present then my advice is to send them the following:

Thank you for the information you sent following my request under the CCA 1974.

However, I made a request to you on .... for a copy of the executed agreement applicable to the alleged debt. Under the CCA s77/78, you are obliged to send me a true copy of the actual credit agreement but have only sent me a copy of the initial application form.

A regulated credit agreement contains all of the prescribed terms, other required information and statements of my statutory rights.

I would therefore be obliged if you would send me a copy of that document as soon as possible.

Yours

This gives them a 2nd chance to send a 'proper' agreement (if they have one) and also lets them know that YOU know what is required. ;)

If the document is an agreement, then without all the 'prescribed terms' it is totally unenforceable and you can tell them so.

In any other case, where any required information is missing, then the agreement is just 'improperly executed' and enforceable on an order of the court only. In such cases the court will assess the prejudice caused to the debtor by the particular errors/omissions and when making any enforcement order has the discretion to change any part of it in order to compensate the debtor.

Regards, Pam

• Haha 1

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....l#post53879 9

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.