advice needed,on so many debt collectors after me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5172 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So do not need to pay for a postal order, COOL:cool: shame they don't make it known:rolleyes:

thats excactly what i was thinking too, it would make things so much easier just sending them stamps :)

Hi,

Sorry to butt in on your thread, have been reading with great interest.

I am sending a CCA to the DCA today, can I send them stamps to the value of £1 instead of paying for a PO?

Think youre doing great Michsienna btw!

Thanks

Hi,

Sorry to butt in on your thread, have been reading with great interest.

I am sending a CCA to the DCA today, can I send them stamps to the value of £1 instead of paying for a PO?

Think youre doing great Michsienna btw!

Thanks

hi bonnieday, yea just send them a £1 stamp from the post office, thats what i will be doing from now on. xxx:)

bonnieday,

go careful, coz there is debate over what can be excepted as legal tender, and they may be within their rights to refuse:(

Stick with £1 stamp, at least we save money on postal orders:)

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

hi mate, :)

the account was shut down some years ago, and in the last year the debt was sold on. xx

In that case you should recieve a cheque:D Nice.

And, regarding tender for CCA requests, I, personally, prefer sending cheques as they are cheaper than PO's and you know when/if they are cashed. Tho obviously thats not an option if you don't have a cheque book:wink:

Yes, you can check with the PO I think. I just find it easier to check my online banking. I would love for someone to send 100 1p stamps :D oh to be a fly on the wall when they opened that envelope! But, as DCA's like to cause us as much misery as they can, they would probably refuse to accept them as payment.

I havent got a cheque book so will send stamps (just 1 £1 stamp - I was joking!)or is there any was of checking with the Post Office if a PO has been chashed or not?

hi bonnieday:)

yes you can find out if a postal order has been cashed im sure of it,

they all have a individual number, ask at the post office, you many be able to go on line and find out when they do cash it, like you can go online and find out when they have recieved some thing you sent recorded delivery:) xx

Thanks so much for that - I will ask at the Post Office. If they say I can find out when it was cashed then I will go with that - if I cant then I may as well save a bit of money and send the stamp.

like you can go online and find out when they have recieved some thing you sent recorded delivery:) xx

I have had about 3 recorded deliveries that are still showing as "no information available" months after they were sent. The only way I know they have been delivered is the cheques have been cashed and/or correspondence from the recipient. I wouldn't say royal mails site is 100% accurate.:mad:

I have had about 3 recorded deliveries that are still showing as "no information available" months after they were sent. The only way I know they have been delivered is the cheques have been cashed and/or correspondence from the recipient. I wouldn't say royal mails site is 100% accurate.:mad:

yea, ive heard about that happening too, :???: xx

Hello everyone, just been reading through the threads. Can anyone tell me if i can still ask for a CCA, even though i sent a letter, Income and EXpeniture form and a £1 token payment to four of my DCA's.

Hi Franmc12

I think that you would be better starting your own thread and explaing a bit more about your DCA's. This way you will be able to get more accurate help and advice.

I will keep a look out for your thread ;)

From what you have sent the dca's this does not prevent you from sending off a cca request. If the account was closed with a nil balance then as far as I am aware you could then not go and cca them.

Hi 120805

At the moment i am paying a token payment to my creditors as instructed by the CCCS. Four of my creditor's have sold my debt to DCA's. I didn't know that i had to request a CCA before i started paying the DCA.

I have been paying a token payment since Sept 06, and as my finances have not got any better, this is all i can afford to pay.

What i wanted to know was can i still ask for a CCA, from these DCA's.

Hope i make sense.

Fran x

Hi 120805

At the moment i am paying a token payment to my creditors as instructed by the CCCS. Four of my creditor's have sold my debt to DCA's. I didn't know that i had to request a CCA before i started paying the DCA.

I have been paying a token payment since Sept 06, and as my finances have not got any better, this is all i can afford to pay.

What i wanted to know was can i still ask for a CCA, from these DCA's.

Hope i make sense.

Fran x

hi fran :)

yes you can, this is what i have done.

all the best michelle

there is a website where you can check if a po has been cashed.

might have the url somewhere because i did use it myself

i'll look later in the shift.

dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Franmc12, have a look in the templates library for a letter to send. Dont forget to include a £1 postal order or cheque (this is payment for your request) and send it recorded or the dca will say that they never received your request.

If after 14 days they have not supplied the agreement then you stop payments to them and if after a further month they still have not supplied you the agreement then they can no longer persue the debt without permission of a judge or until they supply the agreement.

Watch out for being fobbed off with an application form this is not the same as an agreement.

Good luck :)

Many thanks 120805, have done what you requested, and will be sending off the letters tomorrow.

Thanks again for everyone's help, its nice to know i'm not alone.

Fran x

morning everyone,:)

it been 44 days now, since i requested a copy of my signed agreement from my debt collectors,

has you know only one (lowells) sent some thing which turned out to be a application form,

2 others wrote to say they have handed the debts back to the client

and the rest dident botherer to reply.

i did check online to see if they recieved my cca letter at the start and they all did (5th aprill)

i contacted trading standards and the other place, one has replyed giving me a debt help line number, :|

can any one tell me what to do next???

should i be sending them all letters saying the have commited a criminal offence by not producing a copy of my agreement??:confused:

many thanks michelle xx

hi again,:) i spoke alittle to soon lol

i have just recieved a letter in the post its from hamptons (lowells)

it reads....

you have failed to respond to us to make any realistic arrangments to settle the amount outstanding to are client.

legal proceedings may now be issued and served upon you without notice through the county court, which would incur you with payment of the following costs:-

current outstanding debt £363.33

court fees £50.00

solicitors costs £50.00

interest £11.87

total: £475.20

you can prevent this action being taken by calling us on 0113 394 6317 and aranging for payment to be made

its not to late to resolve this matter prior to any legal action being commenced and would urge you not to ignore this correspondence and contact us immediatly.:sad: