What can we do about Fuel Prices?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5900 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

cracking post, damn am getting old, I still do all that cally said, I need help, anyone reccomend a good shrink?

How funny, was just reading this out loud to hubby, bit off topic I know, but funny and true all the same...

vid.gifvid.gifvid.gifI Should Never Have Survived!

According to today's regulators and bureaucrats, those of us who were kids in the 60's, 70's and early 80's probably shouldn't have survived,

because our baby cots were covered with brightly coloured lead-based

paint which was promptly chewed and licked.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, or latches on doors or

cabinets and it was fine to play with pans.

When we rode our bikes, we wore no helmets, just flip-flops and fluorescent 'spokey dokey's' on our wheels.

As children, we would ride in cars with no seat belts or airbags riding in the passenger seat was a treat.

We drank water from the garden hose and not from a bottle and it tasted the same.

We ate chips, bread and butter pudding and drank fizzy juice with sugar in it, but we were never overweight because we were always outside playing.

We shared one drink with four friends, from one bottle or can and no-one actually died from this.

We would spend hours building go-carts out of scraps and then went top speed down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes.

After running into stinging nettles a few times, we learned to solve the problem.

We would leave home in the morning and could play all day, as long as we were back before it got dark. No one was able to reach us and no one minded.

We did not have Play stations or X-Boxes, no video games at all.

No 99 channels on TV, no videotape movies, no surround sound, no mobile phones, no personal computers, no DVDs, no Internet chat rooms.

We had friends - we went outside and found them.

We played elastics and rounders, and sometimes that ball really hurt!

We fell out of trees, got cut, and broke bones but there were no law suits.

We had full on fist fights but no prosecution followed from other parents.

We played chap-the-door-run-away and were actually afraid of the owners catching us.

We walked to friends' homes.

We also, believe it or not, WALKED to school; we didn't rely on mummy or daddy to drive us to school, which was just round the corner.

We made up games with sticks and tennis balls.

We rode bikes in packs of 7 and wore our coats by only the hood.

The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke a law was unheard of...They actually sided with the law.

This generation has produced some of the best risk-takers and problem solvers and inventors, ever.

The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas.

We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned how to deal with it all.

And you're one of them. Congratulations!

What I find scary about callyday's post though is that, yes I did virtually everything on that list and am still here, still (relatively) sane, in my mid 30s with a family.

There is no doubt about it, things WERE better when I was growing up, so what the hell kind of chaotic mess are our grandchildren going to live in? People will probably be sued for expelling dietary byproduct methane into the atmosphere and should you be caught for the heinous offence of picking your nose (in the privacy of your own eco friendly, carbon negative tent) then you will probably be exiled to the federal penal colony (Belgium) for exposing the population to an uncontrolled risk of pandemic flu.

Well, fortunately for me naughtyemit, i don't have time to fart or pick my nose, as I am sure anyone with children will agree. So, we are safe!!! :lol:

:DABBEY-WON! £1,359.34

:confused:CAPITAL ONE WON £1,523.27+£39court fees.

If you own a diesel car, it can easily be converted to run off vegetble oil. It gives out no nasty emissions and is free: get hotels, restaurants etc to give you their used oil. It may take a little more effort than standing at a fuel pump, but it is so worth it financially and environmentally. Technically, you still need to pay fuel duty on it, but @ 27.5p per litre is still much cheaper.

Those hippy roots of mine are once more resurfacing!:D

Spotnot

Get away spotnot:lol:

See, this is what annoys me about this counry, has the duty not already been paid for by the hotels and retaurants?

I earn a living, pay tax etc, try to save some, pay tax, buy something, pay tax, it's amazing I have any money left!

Get away spotnot:lol:

See, this is what annoys me about this counry, has the duty not already been paid for by the hotels and retaurants?

I earn a living, pay tax etc, try to save some, pay tax, buy something, pay tax, it's amazing I have any money left!

Why would the restaurant pay fuel duty on Vegetable Oil? They're using it for cooking, not fuel! If you use it as fuel, YOU are liable for the fuel duty.

However, CURRENTLY, one has to be licenced to sell fuel oil of ANY description, and one must charge the fuel duty at point of sale. If something is sold to you for use as fuel oil by a non-licenced seller, they are breaking the Law and are liable to prosecution. You are also liable to prosecution for using fuel obtained illegally. So - declare it to the taxman and pay the duty by all means... but realise that you'll likely also have to pay the fine for using it in the first place!!

Personally I would prefer to use either diesel from the forecourt or find a licenced source of biodiesel or other substitute...

Why would the restaurant pay fuel duty on Vegetable Oil? They're using it for cooking, not fuel! If you use it as fuel, YOU are liable for the fuel duty.

However, CURRENTLY, one has to be licenced to sell fuel oil of ANY description, and one must charge the fuel duty at point of sale. If something is sold to you for use as fuel oil by a non-licenced seller, they are breaking the Law and are liable to prosecution. You are also liable to prosecution for using fuel obtained illegally. So - declare it to the taxman and pay the duty by all means... but realise that you'll likely also have to pay the fine for using it in the first place!!

Personally I would prefer to use either diesel from the forecourt or find a licenced source of biodiesel or other substitute...

That would be wise :lol:

Sorry, need to disagree with this. The places that supply me the oil don't sell it, they give it away. Secondly its not sold as fuel, cos certain additives are added to make it run cleaner.

I have done this for many, many years. More years than I care to mention. I have researched this many times. There is a program on BBC2 (How to live more green, or something similar), bloke has big moustache. Anyway, they showed you how to convert the oil into fuel. Surely, if it was illegal, then the BBC would be in serious trouble.

If anyone is interested in this, have a look at this website

RUN a DIESEL CAR on VEGETABLE OIL

It isn't illegal to use vegetable oil as an alternative fuel source. Never has and never will be. Oh and apologies, its now 28.35p per litre in fuel tax.

The only illegal bit is not paying the duty, which I always do.:D

• Haha 1

Spotnot v MBNA and their nasty solicitors (on behalf of my friend)

If I have helped in any way, click my scales.

Remember, we were all newbies once!!

When you win, donate!!!

Do you really run your car on oil from the supermarket, and it doesn't damage it at all? Of course I would try it if it worked and didn't damage my engine, lol, anything to get one over on the tax man! He he, but I wouldn't do it regular of course ;)

No, my oil comes from restaurants, but SVO (straight vegetable oil) can be used just as easily. Remember Diesel engines were first designed to run on Peanut oil!!

Spotnot v MBNA and their nasty solicitors (on behalf of my friend)

If I have helped in any way, click my scales.

Remember, we were all newbies once!!

When you win, donate!!!

• 8 months later...

Oil is becoming a scarcer resource and whilst I expect that more of it will be found, it is now also in greater and greater demand and will continue to be as china and india grow. Why waste your time trying to force the price down as economics suggests that that would only make the problem worse, surely?

• 2 months later...

Please support the fuel protest in Dover 3rd 4th 5th of May in the campaign section. If you can come along please register your support.

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - E. Roosevelt

Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

All advice is offered without prejudice.

We are being sued for Libel. Please help us by donating

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gordan-brown/

if only the bus went to where i was working.

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

Wish i could walk that far you've no idea how much i do.

Ive a bad back and cant walk.