• Tweets

• Honestly you are all amazing on this site, thank you so much for your help and time. ill keep an eye out and only return when i receive a claim letter for sure also, i updated my address with amex and tsb before i even missed payments. the initial address was my family home but i dont reside there. to avoid a bombardment of letters there i have now updated my address, will they send all threats etc to the new address? Or old address?   do you reccomend i send both tsb and amex my update in address via a letter?
    • Your point 4 deals with that and puts them to strict proof .....but realistically they are not in a position to state that within their particulars they were not the creditor at the time of default but naturally assume the OC would have...so always worth challenging and if you get a DJ who knows his onions on the day may ask for further evidence from the OC internal accounts system. 
    • I see, shame, I think if a claim is 'someone was served' then proof of that should be mandatory. Appreciate your input into the WS whenever you get chance, thanks in advance
    • Paper trail off the original creditor often confirms the default and issue of a notice...not having or being able to disclose the actual copy or being able to produce a copy less so. Creditors are not compelled to keep copies of the actual default notice so you will in most cases get a reconstituted version but must contain accurate figures/dates/format.     .    
    • Including Default Notice Andy? Ok, I think this is the best I can do.. it all makes sense with references to their WS. They have included exhibits that dates don't match the WS about them, small but still.. if you're going to reference letters giving dates, then the exhibits should be correct, no? I know I redacted them too much, but one of the dates differs to the WS by a few months. IN THE ******** County Court Claim No. [***] BETWEEN: LC Asset 2 S.A.R.L CLAIMANT AND [***] DEFENDANT ************ _________________________ ________ WITNESS STATEMENT OF [***] _________________________ ________ I, [***], being the Defendant in this case will state as follows; I make this Witness Statement in support of my defence in this claim. 1. I understand that the claimant is an Assignee, a buyer of defunct or bad debts, which are bought on mass portfolios at a much-reduced cost to the amount claimed and which the original creditors have already written off as a capital loss and claimed against taxable income as confirmed in the claimant’s witness statement exhibit by way of the Deed of Assignment. As an assignee or creditor as defined in section 189 of the CCA this applies to this new requirement on assignment of rights. This means that when an assignee purchases debts (or otherwise acquires rights under a credit agreement) it also acquires certain obligations to the borrower including the duty to comply with CCA requirements (such as the rules on statements and notices and other post-contractual information). The assignee becomes the creditor under the agreement. This ensures that essential consumer protections under the CCA cannot be circumvented by assigning the debt to a third party. 2. The Claim relates to an alleged Credit Card agreement between the Defendant and Bank of Scotland plc. Save insofar of any admittance it is accepted that the Defendant has had contractual agreements with Bank of Scotland plc in the past, the Defendant is unaware as to what alleged debt the Claimant refers. 3. The Defendant requested a copy of the CCA on the 24/12/2022 along with the standard fee of £1.00 postal order, to which the defendant received a reply from the Claimant dated 06/02/2023. To this date, the Claimant has failed to disclose a valid agreement and proof as per their claim that this is enforceable, that Default Notice and Notice of Assignment were sent to and received by the Defendant, on which their claim relies. The Claimant is put to strict proof to verify and confirm that the exhibit *** is a true copy of the agreement and are the true Terms and Conditions as issued at the time of inception of the online application and execution of the agreement. 4. Point 3 is noted. The Claimant pleads that a default notice has been served upon the defendant as evidenced by Exhibit [***]. The claimant is put to strict proof to verify the service of the above in accordance with s136 and s196 Law of Property Act 1925. 5. Point 6 is noted and disputed. The Defendant cannot recall ever having received the notice of assignment as evidenced in the exhibit marked ***. The claimant is put to strict proof to verify the service of the above in accordance with s136 and s196 Law of Property Act 1925. 6. Point 11 is noted and disputed. See 3. 7. Point 12 is noted, the Defendant doesn’t recall receiving contact where documentation is provided as per the Claimants obligations under CCA. In addition, the Claimant pleads letters were sent on dates given, yet those are not the letters evidenced in their exhibits *** 8. Point 13 is noted and denied. Claimant is put to strict proof to prove allegations. 9. The Claimant did not provide a true copy of the CCA in response to the Defendants request of 24/12/2022. The Claimant further claims that the documents are sufficient to pursue a Judgement and are therefore copies of original documents in their possession. Conclusion 10. Without the Claimant providing a valid true copy of the executed Credit agreement that complies with the CCA, the Claimant has no grounds on which to enforce this alleged debt. 11. The Defendant was not given ample evidence to prove the debt and therefore was not required to enter settlement negotiations. Should the debt be proved in the future, the Defendant is willing to enter such negotiations with the Claimant. On receipt of this claim I could not recall the precise details of the agreement or any debt and sought clarity from the claimant by way of a Section 78 request. The Claimant failed to comply. I can only assume as this was due to the Claimant not having any enforceable documentation and issuing a claim in hope of an undefended default judgment.   Statement of Truth I, ********, the Defendant, believe the facts stated within this Witness Statement to be true. I understand that proceedings for contempt of court may be brought against anyone who makes, or causes to be made, a false statement in a document verified by a statement of truth without an honest belief in it’s truth. Signed: _________________________ _______ Dated: _____________________
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Vodafon.. anything that could be done?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6120 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Fuzzi,

I totaly agree with you and think same way that Ms C is very unprofessional. Therefor i had sent a letter to CEO of Vodafone. I have not time for the timewastes. She was wasting my time and i am going to speak to her manager about it....

She did remove my default, but the statements u had received didn't have what i requested and as you said it's hard to itemize what those charges are from and how they were culculated. She took 2 month to get me almost nothing and i am very annoed...

My contract life line charge is £33, but i never had been charge this ammount( half of year £28.92), THAN THEY HAVE INCREASED THIS AMMOUNT AND THAN THAY ADDED 1/2 EXTRA LINE+insurance and itemised bill charges....

You can post your statements only if you uploaded it in a photobucket, and than post a link here.

Human, thank you for the info, they have removed default, she confirmed, she also admitted thay do not know why default was recorded for the wrong amount. I am trying to understand if Vod is resposible for all the mistakes and overcharges that Singlepoint put on the account?

Thank you

regards,

Itsme

Carphone Warehouse WON £195.00

Welcome Finance in Court. N244 accepted.

Barclaycard WON with contractual, PPI and charges for time spent and letters sent

Halifax solo, switch, Credit Classic, Halifax one Itsme Vs Halifax 2 accounts

Creation Finance Prelim received offer of £79.88.... Itsme VS Creation Finance

Vodafone overcharged Vodafon.. anything that could be done?

U know where the scales r:)))))

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya

did you have your default removed puerly as they had the wrong amount stated?

I have 2 entries on my credit file one has been for £105 in Credit! fo 3 years.

The other is this default @ £216 pound which i belive to be incorrect.

As the amount that was incorrect in credit i never gave it much thought and requested the money to be paid to me. But the records where not up to date and the balance was actually zero :-(

I spent a while typing a letter today just adding it in here.

I write to advise that a complaint is now being logged with the Information Commissioners Office regarding the lack of information I have received to comply with my Data Protection Act request.

There has been no list of abbreviations supplied, with the small amount of notes from your system.

There is no explanation as to why agent’s commission is logged for £212.31p of my payments.

I have been provided with no invoices to collate individual charges, and the package I have received to date has shown me very little as to the workings with in my account.

I have contacted Westcot credit who has advised they did work for you as an agent and if this is the case then a document from Vodafone to Westcot authorising them with the right to process my data would make up part of the paper work that I have been requesting. In my last correspondence I had actually requested information on Westcot credit of which no information was made available to me.

The information provided to you by your quality assurance team is inaccurate as it contains errors with in the dates and a copy of this will be enclosed for the Information Commissioners Office.

Some questions that will need answers at this time are.

• How much was the account in debit on the date the default letter was sent and also when the default was applied? (I note that the statement from your Quality Assurance Team states I had an invoice total of £166.06 which I then cleared £103 the balance at that time would be reduced to £63.03 yet you have an opening balance on your appendix A of £250.44 and then added costs of £55.56 a sum which matches no entry upon the single statement that has been provided to date, therefore I wish to receive a true running calculation of my accounts and a copy of all invoices showing descriptions of all items charged collectively. This would be no less than a copy of each bill with in my account period. I feel an invoice total and manually printed notes are not sufficient with out evidence of its origination.)

• How much of the default balance is calculated with extra charges and agent commission? (This is necessary as when I request all added charges to be refunded then I will be requesting the removal of the default under the grounds that it was entered incorrectly and so represented an untrue view of the account at that time. If it is found that the entry does contain charges then I will pursue the default removal with which ever means are necessary. )

• What is the actual sum of extra charges added to my account through its full term, including sums cleared monthly and sums defaulted. This will be any money added monthly for any reason other than contractual payments, extra usage of line services and VAT

I shall enclose a copy of this letter with my complaint to the Information Commissioners Office to highlight that on more than 1 occasion I have had to request in great detail an accurate response to a my request.

I feel it also necessary to advise that I am not going to close my file on this issue until I have received a transparent and true representation of what my money was taken for. I am sure you are aware that it is my legal right to do so and I note that you as a company are holding my information for 3 years. My data protection request was sent to you with in this 3 year period and therefore I will exercise my legal rights on all occasions. I note that itemised charges have been located for Appendix A these itemised amounts are not listed anywhere with in the computer notes provided and they do not show on the statement provided, therefore I look forward to receiving a copy of my itemised invoices that you are still holding.

Yours sincerely

As has been noted elsewhere on the site and in this thread, Mobile phone contracts are service agreements not credit agreements and are not subject to the Consumer Credit Act. If you quote CCA at the network you'll get nowhere and look silly.

Sorry I didn't realise

Hi chris

If you want to reply to a persons thread if you click on quote, it will bring that persons quote into your message and highlight it for your reply. You can also edit and highlight areas in thier message but dont remove any thing with in the brackets at the start or the end

Fuzzy

• 2 weeks later...

hello,

Just received an other reply from Vodafone:

As your upgrade was actioned early, your remaining contract would have been extended by 12 months and any remaining Line Rental would have been due. As such, the £725.75 was for the Line Rental for your contract for your upgrade and the previous contract yet to be completed.

Still no breakdown of the charge

The default amount differed from our records; however the default itself was correct. No, it wasn't it. As per Miss Chandlers letter :''The default recorded on the customers Credit file by Singlepoint LTd is for £2942. However, I cannot find a reason why it has been recorded for this amount as it quite clear that the defaulted balance, including unexpired contract charges, was £1375.34 and customer paid £1375 that cleared the balance''

Singlepoint invoiced you for your usage and the balance was unpaid by yourself; defaulting payment to their invoices correctly due.

Even with the payment made, the default would not have been removed, only satisfied. The default was removed by Amanda as a gesture of goodwill with no acceptance of liability. As previously explained, we do not offer compensation and the default would have been due to remain.

My response acknowledges that while Amanda has removed the default as goodwill, the underlying position that you failed to pay Singlepoint resulted in the default, and as such I am unable to compensate you for the consequences of not paying your invoices.

Whether you feel you can or cannot trust the response I have sent is ultimately your decision. Your 3 years of a default placed would not have differed if the balance was originally correct, as you would still have had a default placed correctly for not paying Singlepoint. But it wouldn't be for nearly £3000

Any correspondence to a CEO, secretary or Director are ultimately passed to Customer Relations directly or indirectly to address. If you can detail what 'compensation' you would like I am happy to consider any request.

Due to the time elapsed, we do not hold a copy of your agreement, and a copy should have been retained by yourself as the contract holder.

As the £725.75 was correctly charged as you had upgraded and agreed a contract extension, I am unable to refund the Line Rental charge nor the Itemised Billing or Insurance charges.

If you can provide any further details, I can reassess your request(s).

Any rights you have under the Data Protection Act are unaffected, and Amanda has removed the default in light of the differing amount placed by Singlepoint. Again to answer your point regarding compensation raised again, any financial difficulties we regret, but cannot be held responsible for the default being placed correctly, and have subsequently removed it prior to the due date as goodwill.

As such, following Amanda removing the Default as goodwill, our position is unchanged

Buzby and guys,

To pay that amount i had to take a loan with 44.50% Apr as noone else would had given me with lower rate.

I still do not have a breakdown of that charge. I do not have a copy of the agreement and the only one i have monthly charge is for £33 only.

In his previouse letter(A Chandler's manager)

When the balance was passed to 1st Credit; a Collections Agency acting on behalf of Singlepoint within the Terms of your agreement, the balance was for £1375.34.

• This includes an overdue balance of £649.59
  • An invoice produced on 17th February 2004 for £383.97. No breakdown
  • An invoice of £269.65 was produced on the 17th March 2004
  • A credit for Line Rental billed in advance for £4.03 applied also in March 2004.

A Termination Fee of remaining Line Rental was produced for £725.75 – this is made up of two Termination fees for the Final months Line Rental in April 2004 and for the following 12 months as your handset was upgraded in February 2004 to a further 12 months on top of your existing contract. I haven't use any of those min

Vodafone are not governed under the Consumer Credit Act as a mobile phone agreement differs from a standard credit agreement.

Singlepoint and Vodafone by purchase of Singlepoint have kept correct records of your account with Singlepoint, and failure to make payment on the required date resulting in a Default on your credit file, as we are required to show an accurate reflection of your credit history.

As the default was correct No it wasn't, it was nearly doubled, it would not have been removed, only satisfied when the balance was paid. As the default was for the correct remaining balance for the contract of £725.75 which was unpaid at the time, no error has occurred.

The charges incurred are for your Line Rental for the remainder of your agreement when cancelled for continued non-payment of the account. Contrary to your account, the mobile number in question was cancelled on 13th April 2004, with the agreement not due to end until 17th April 2005.

On the 18th February 2004, the account was upgraded and the priceplan changed to Crossnetsaver 500 @ £58.00 with a £15.00 extras pack and a Nokia 7250i handset being provided. I do not record taking other contract

Your Default for £725.75 is made up of the remaining Line Rental for the period from 13th April 2004 to 17th April 2005 and would have been satisfied when the amount was paid in full but would remain for 6 years on your credit file.

In regards to Insurance and Itemised, we have no details of the policy being mis-sold or itemised Billing not being requested, or the matter raised with Singlepoint prior to the account cancellation.

As per the Terms of your agreement, we cannot compensate for lost time and the default was correctly recorded for non-payment on your account. IN the next letter above he is more happy to disscuss this matter

As the charges were for an agreement that was accepted and used by yourself, you are bound by the Terms of this service and as such I am unable to refund any sum to you. The charges incurred are correct, and if necessary I can arrange for a copy of the invoices we hold to be resent detailing the charges you had incurred.

If you would like to discuss this further, I can be reached on 08704 500005. This number is available between 9.00am and 7.45pm, Monday to Friday and 9.00am to 4.45pm on Saturday.

So this is it.

Plus i had received a standart letter saying that thay will take 14 days to come back to me.

So far:

- still no breakdown of charge

- default was recorded for wrong amount and i HAD suffered from it as i couldn't get any financial help with a better APR. Can i ask for a compensation????

- it doesn't seem like they will send me a copy of the contract or a copy of the one after it with monthly charge of £58.

- I do not remember taking a protection insurance.

Thank you

Kind regards,

Itsme

Carphone Warehouse WON £195.00

Welcome Finance in Court. N244 accepted.

Barclaycard WON with contractual, PPI and charges for time spent and letters sent

Halifax solo, switch, Credit Classic, Halifax one Itsme Vs Halifax 2 accounts

Creation Finance Prelim received offer of £79.88.... Itsme VS Creation Finance

Vodafone overcharged Vodafon.. anything that could be done?

U know where the scales r:)))))