And So It Begins..... - **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6486 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i also hope royal mail are going to compensate you for losing your letter

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i also hope royal mail are going to compensate you for losing your letter

They will, but the most they would pay out would be a refund of the postage.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Well, the 14 days is well and truly up for HSBC now, so I'm in the process of filling in the MCOL now. I've tried searching through the forums but can't seem to find the answers to the following questions:

How do I calculate the daily rate of interest for the MCOL claim form?

Do I need to send a breakdown of the costs (a copy of the spreadsheet) to the courts or the bank after I've submitted the claim?

I must say I'm starting to get a bit nervous now, I keep reading that no one ever goes as far as court, but with my luck anything's possible...

To work out the daily rate of interest you take the claim amount, excluding interest and court fees, and multiply by 0.00022.

I assume you have already sent two copies of the spreadsheet (1 with the prelim and 1 with the LBA) so there is no need to send another copy.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Many thanks for your help barracad. I've worked out the daily interest, checked, double checked and then checked the MCOL forms again to make sure I've left nothing out and finally submitted the claim. Now I suppose I'll just wait!

• 2 weeks later...

The MCOL was submitted on 23/7 and acknowledged by DG solicitors on 27/7. I received a copy of the acknowledgement of service today through the post which states that they intend to defend all of this claim.

Am I right in thinking that this is normal procedure for them?

Rusty - your at the exact same point as me!!!! I rec'd my court Ack of Service today as well - race you!!!

Good luck!!

Barney2002 - If you want to see how I got my money back, click http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/11376-barney2002-hsbc-round-one.html.

HSBC

15/08/06 - £4955 paid in full from HSBC!!!!!!! 'Ave it!!

OTHERS

04/08 - Conf rec'd from Capital One - sending statements

07/08 - Conf rec'd from Tesco Finance - sending statements,29/08 sent prelim for £282

10/08 - Conf rec'd MBNA - sending statements.02/09 prelim for £437

10/08 - Conf rec'd Morgan Stanley - need to send ID - sent 11/08,rec'd letter offering £96(rejecting), 02/09 prelim for £220- Rec'd £240 few days ago.

If any advice I give is helpful then please hit the scales - Top Right. Thank you.

** For Every bed I sell to a CAG Forum member, I will donate £50 to the CAG **

Visit my site for the full range of Hand Forged Beds at

www.classicsiniron.co.uk

Rusty - your at the exact same point as me!!!! I rec'd my court Ack of Service today as well - race you!!!

Good luck!!

Good Luck Barney!

If a 'Friend' of mine were to recieve a letter offering a settlement for the full amount with a confidentiality clause, would it slow down the process of turning the said letter in to a cheque if my 'Friend' were to cross out the sentence regarding the confidentiality clause? ;-)

Either way what should my 'Friend' do now...Does 'He' return the signed letter along with a covering letter asking for payment within a set time, or does 'He' just send the letter back and wait until a cheque lands on 'His' doorstep? ;-)

hehe just a question your friends name isnt rusty is it lol well done i dont think it does slow it down. from what ive read in other threads ev1 is crossing it out

MY SUCCESSESS

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

welcome ppi

first response charges

I couldn't possibly tell you his name.....If I did I'd have to shoot you :o

Oh well, I suppose I'll just tell him to cross out the confidentiality section and sign the letter.

Does anyone have any suggestions about sending a covering letter giving a timeframe for payment ie. 14 days, or will they just ignore it and post the cheque when they're ready?

I hope your 'friend' gets the money soon.

Best of luck to 'him'.

• Confused 1

Barney2002 - If you want to see how I got my money back, click http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/11376-barney2002-hsbc-round-one.html.

HSBC

15/08/06 - £4955 paid in full from HSBC!!!!!!! 'Ave it!!

OTHERS

04/08 - Conf rec'd from Capital One - sending statements

07/08 - Conf rec'd from Tesco Finance - sending statements,29/08 sent prelim for £282

10/08 - Conf rec'd MBNA - sending statements.02/09 prelim for £437

10/08 - Conf rec'd Morgan Stanley - need to send ID - sent 11/08,rec'd letter offering £96(rejecting), 02/09 prelim for £220- Rec'd £240 few days ago.

If any advice I give is helpful then please hit the scales - Top Right. Thank you.

** For Every bed I sell to a CAG Forum member, I will donate £50 to the CAG **

Visit my site for the full range of Hand Forged Beds at

www.classicsiniron.co.uk

Now the letter's gone back to DG Solicitors with the confidentiality section crossed out I can put you all out of your misery and reveal that my imaginary 'friend' was none other than myself :lol: ............I'm sure the suspense has been killing you all!

On a brighter note, I just remembered yesterday that I used to have a Credit Card account with HSBC a couple of years ago and I'm sure there'll be a couple of charges on that so another DPA is on its way to them asking for Credit Card statements. I don't know thw full account number for the card, so I've told them the bit that I do and the current account number that I had at the same time. I'm sure they'll find the details from that.

So it's a case of off we go again :o

Good news, I had my letter from DG Solicitors on Saturday :) crossed out the confidentiality section, also added to their letter that I want a cheque ;)

My letter will be sent to them tomorrow :)

REFUNDED

Hubbys - HSBC £4,165 paid 18/8 after MCOL issued :)

HSBC - £651 paid 18/8 after MCOL issued :)

HSBC - £147 Prel 7/8, LBA 21/8, MCOL 6/9 £241

Hubby Halifax - Prel 29/7 £215, LBA 21/8, Offer rec. £110 22/8, MCOL 6/9 £298

Abbey - £2758 - Prel 26/6, LBA 10/7 - MCOL 26/7 £3,391, offer 25/8 £1,755.94, paid £3567.32 after Case manag hearing

Barclays - £675 Prel7/8, LBA 21/8, offer received £300 MCOL 6/9 £998 - Paid £1,012 before going to Court

just about to send my request for £926 charges - whats the best address and contact to send these to? thankx

HSBC X 1 ACCOUNT

19/07 - Data Protection Act Req sent

Reply recieved 05/08 - £1022 to be claimed

Letter requesting charges sent 07/08,

LBA will be sent on 22/08 if no reply.

22/08/06 LBA Sent, reply expected 05/09

06/09/09 - MCOL Filed - £1285.91

EGG X 2 CARDS

20/07 - Data Protection Act Req sent

Reply recieved requesting ID and sent on 28/07/06.

Acknowledged by EGG and statements will be sent.

Statements due by 29/08

Mint X 1 CARD

20/07 - Data Protection Act Req sent

05/08 - Request for £10 recd

08/08 - Letter + cheque sent recorded

Statements due by 29/08

just about to send my request for £926 charges - whats the best address and contact to send these to? thankx

I'd just stick with sending all letters to your local branch manager. I found that I only got replies from HSBC when I sent stuff to the local branch. When I tried to reply to the addresses on their letters, I never heard anything back from them :confused:

Hmmmmm I seem to have struck upon another problem, I recieved a letter today from DG solicitors thanking me for returning the settlement letter. It then goes on to say that the settlement amount will be credited to my account within the next day or so.....the problem is that I closed the account about a year ago:eek:

What should I do now, Should I call DG first thing in the morning and tell them to either send a cheque or credit it to my new current account, or get in touch with HSBC and see if it's been credited and if I can withdraw it:???:

I gave DG a call on Thursday and explained the problem with the account. They never mentioned anything about me crossing out the confidentiality clause. This morning I checked the post and I'd received a cheque from HSBC for the full amount :D:D

I also called Royal Mail about the missing letter...They said they'll compensate me for the loss...I'll get a book of 12 first class stamps:lol:

SO that's the HSBC current account out of the way, now for the HSBC credit card, the Capital One credit card and the Smile current account:o

wtg well done

MY SUCCESSESS

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

welcome ppi

first response charges

i filed my claim last weekat canterbury court against hsbc for approx 600, anyone know when i will get a reply, am i right to think they have 14 days to respond when they receive the court claim?

hsbc

Claim served on 13-08-2006

full refund .19-08-2006,

23-08-06 cheque arrived £580-deal.:D

capital one .

Filed claim against 16-08-2006 for £340.

Capital one 02-09-06 offer £383 refund to account.deal:D

Abbey Data Protection Act 4-07-06

issued court claim for £189 16-10-06

waitng for allocation nov21-11-06:cool:

Pleae make a donation to site, when you win-- I DID

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6486 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks